Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 11:00 AM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies.....(#63)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 01-16-2006, 11:13 AM   #2  

WooHoo!! I must say we truly have some Loozing Floozies going on!!

WTG everyone for your weight losses!!
Old 01-16-2006, 02:52 PM   #3  

Cheryl how was your birthday? Come and post and let us know how you are doing.

Suzy there sure was alot of motivated posts on the last thread. It didn't take long to start a new one.
I make pototoes like yours. Gayle's recipe sounds like a nice change.
What a nice surprise to hear the delivery guys comment. lol kind of funny to how he just blurted it out. Way to go to getting your eatting under control since christmas. Sometimes when I am up I won't weigh myself until I know that I am down or at least what I weighed before I gainned the weight. It is funny how we fool ourselves but our bodies really know.

Janice my back is not any better since the injection. The surgeon said that he wouldn't be able to do anything for me any more. If things get worse I can go see him.
I am happy to heat that you are at the gym dispite the swollen ankles. The water always feels so good for me.
Congratulations for staying on program.

Gayle wow another pound gone. You and Steve are going to fade away. Your diet dinner of steak, potatoes and green beans sound devine. Imagine that you can lose weight eatting that!

Sherry I love your Daffy Duck. What a hoot.
Wow you are down 5 more pounds, you sure are working it. I am so proud of you.

Shelley how are you doing now that Patty is driving? I bet she is so proud?
You are right I am a size 4-6 depending on the brand. I don't want to lose more weight. I am happy where I am at.
My sister came home to a freezing rain storm and now a snow storm. All in 24 hour period. The roads are brutel. You wouldn't want Patty driving today.

I had an orthotic brace appointment this morning at 8:00 so I was up before 7:00. I am beat I am going for a little siesta.
Old 01-16-2006, 05:10 PM   #4  

I was just looking at the recipes on the w's thread. Here is a link that looks great for recipes

http://saksfamily.no-ip.com/crockpot.html
Old 01-17-2006, 05:50 AM   #5  

Thanks, Dee! That's one I had already saved to my favorites. I was bad yesterday! Patty made some cookies, and I ate batter from the beaters and part of one of the cookies!! I am such a pig. I really need to clamp down on my eating.
Old 01-17-2006, 08:06 AM   #6  
Janice

Dee - I am so sorry that the injection didn't work. I wonder why they work on some people but not everyone. You keep so active despite the pain, I am so proud of you. I have a cousin who had back problems years ago, she had a shunt put in and needed to get herself moving after surgery. Now years later she uses a walker to get out of bed to the couch and the bathroom. Other than that she does nothing. Her family gets everything for her she never leaves the couch. She is always on such a pity trip, but I tell its her own doing. I do feel bad though. I even bought her a treadmill but she doesn't use it.
I love the gym, especially the pool. I do most of my workout in there. I am going to the doctor today to see about the swelling all over my bod. If its not one thing its another.
I am staying on program, so I am proud of myself for that.
Sheley - a little cookie batter and a cookie are not going to hurt you. You are soo thin.
Sherry - You go girl!! Congratulations on the weight loss.
Old 01-17-2006, 08:57 AM   #7  

Thanks for all the birthday wishes!! I can't believe I'm 30--that just feels WEIRD!!

I got two great birthday presents--one from Stewart and one from a complete stranger!! Stewart got me a pair of very elegant and beautiful diamond earrings. Some man I'd never met (but had spoken too on the phone) bought my trailer for his daughter to live in while she's in college!!!!! No more trips to South Arkansas (unless for pleasure!)---it'll be like getting a $400-500 raise/month!

I'm so proud of all you Floozies for losing weight!
Old 01-17-2006, 09:29 AM   #8  
Losing it!

YIPPEE CHERYL!!!! The earrings sound beautiful, Stewart has good taste...one can NEVER go wrong with diamonds! Glad to hear the house sold, now you won't need to worry about insurance/taxes/upkeep. It will be nice having the extra cash flow too!
AHHHHHHH...to be 30 again.......you silly goose! I only can dream about being 30!!! I remember it was very, very difficult for me to turn 30, after that the years just seemed to fade away. Now I am in the 40's and that sounds so old to me! I still FEEL like I am in my 20'-30's!!!
I'm glad you had a special birthday, you are very deserving of it!

Janice, when will you be going to the doc? Is it painful? GREAT JOB GOING TO THE GYM!

Shelley, don't beat yourself up over the cookie dough. You STOPPED after the beaters and 1/2 of a cookie. Most people could of easily wiped out a half a dozen or so. You earn enough AP's to earn a treat every so often. I wish you could see yourself as all of us do. You are an amazing, spirited woman!

Dee, thanks for the yummy recipes! I'll have to sit down and go through them, I saved in my favorites for a later date. You are doing so well maintaining your weight! Did you ever figure out if you had an actual weight loss from the surgery?

Sher, I'm so happy you are motivated and getting healthier! We miss the old Sher here....glad to have you back!

Suzy, are you saving all of your old clothes or pitching? Many say to remove them from your closet. When you leave them, you are only looking for an excuse to gain weight back. What are your thoughts? You should be very proud of your weight loss, you are doing great and so, so close to goal!
I say we have a GOAL party here on the thread when you reach it!!!
Old 01-17-2006, 10:27 AM   #9  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

I got on here last night to post and clicked on the link that Dee posted and ended up looking at recipes all evening instead! Some of them sound really good...thanks Dee!

Shelley ~ Cookies are one of my weaknesses too. I found a low fat chocolate chip cookie recipe not long ago that is really good. Tim even commented that they were really good cookies and that was before he knew they were low fat/low calorie!

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Servings - 15 (2 cookies each)
Points - 3

Ingredients:
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup margarine, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg white
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix sugars, margarine, vanilla and egg white
in large bowl. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake about 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly on baking sheet; remove from sheet and cool on wire rack.

Nutrition Information:
Per 2 Cookies:
126 Cal., 5 g. fat, 0 g. fiber

Janice ~ Good luck at the doctor's today...let us know what you find out!

Cheryl ~ I'm glad you had a nice birthday! I was thinking the same as Gayle...how nice it would be to be 30 again!

Gayle ~ ALL of my clothes that no longer fit go directly to Goodwill for that very reason...I don't want to have that comfort zone of having 3 different sizes of clothes! That's why I was in desperate need of something to wear to Tim's uncle's funeral a couple of weeks ago! My closet is pretty bare. I hate to go out and buy all new clothes while I'm still losing, so I've only been buying the bare necessities as I need them.
Old 01-17-2006, 10:39 AM   #10  

Oh! I forgot to post earlier that I went and bought all my books for school yesterday!

I have a huge stack of books in the middle of the living room floor now (that's where I like to lay to "do" my bills/homework/etc--always have). My husband did a double-take when he came in and saw all of that reading material.
Old 01-18-2006, 05:36 AM   #11  

Cheryl-The earrings sound beautiful! Congratulations on the sale of the trailer!

Janice-How did the dr. appt go?

Suzy-Thanks for the recipe. My problem is I could just eat all the batter and not have anything left for the cookies!

Gayle and Cheryl-Oh, to be in my 30's or 40's again! This old hag is really getting up there.

My mom fell on Sunday. She didn't call me until Monday. She said she was going to stay in bed all day long, so I didn't bother her by calling. Well, yesterday I got a call from my best friend that works in the gift store in the hospital. Mom was there getting xrays of her back. She was in such pain and nausea when she woke up yesterday that Dad took her to the hospital. She is at home now and in bed. I'll be calling her soon to see how she's doing. I feel like such an awful daughter because I didn't check on her first thing yesterday morning. I had started to call, but didn't want her to have to go to the phone. She hasn't been able to eat, so I gave her some hard peppermints to suck on. I am hoping she is better today. Dad has a cold, and is having to care for her. This aging parents thing is very tough. I know you all have been going through it.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:43 AM   #12  
Janice

Shelley - Don't beat yourself up because you didn't call. Your heart was in the right place, not wanting her to have to get to the phone.
I know aging is tough. I work in an old age home so I see it everyday. Your folks are lucky they still have their independence.
I went to the doctor yesterday. He put me on anti-inflammatories, and I have to go for xrays on my wrists, knees and ankles today. He didn't really say what he thought. He took a lot of blood too. I guess I will have to wait for the test results.
I am staying on program. I find it is easy after eating soo much at Christmas.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:35 AM   #13  
Losing it!

Shelley, don't feel guilty about not calling your mom...you are a wonderful daughter and she knows it in her heart. Even through mom's heart problems, I still try to wean myself and not call at times. I know if something happens during that time frame, I will probably feel guilty like you, but at the same time I think our parents and ourselves need a bit of independence. I hope she is feeling better today, did the xrays show anything?

Janice, I hope you find relief from the meds!! Great going staying on plan!
Old 01-19-2006, 05:36 AM   #14  

The xrays on my mom shows a fracture. She is still in bed. There is really nothing they can do about. She and my dad are supposed to go to a dinner-dance on Saturday after we go get our hair colored and styled. I'm not sure if she'll be able to do either. I am going to call her this morning to see if I should cancel the appointment.

Janice-Wow, the dr. sure is taking lots of xrays on you. I hope the meds help.

Ok, this is ridiculous. I haven't had my period in months, and I just got it yesterday. This going through the change is frustrating. I was hoping to have passed the sweat stage, but probably not. I guess this is why I've been so hungry!
Old 01-19-2006, 10:19 AM   #15  
Losing it!

My dear cousin Bev still wants to join in on the fun, but has been a busy little girl!

If you see this message Bev, then you know your in the right spot! Looking forward to having you join!!!! This is a great group of gals with lots of friendship & support to offer!

Shelley, I hope mom gets along ok! Bless her heart!
Your weight gains on the scale Shelley probably have something to do with water retention & the missed periods. Hopefully, you will see a loss this week. Oh! The joys of PMSing & hormones!
Closed Thread