Old 01-14-2006, 11:23 AM   #1  

Default Hi, newbie here!

I actually posted this in error on the WW100 club forum. I am not a member of WW, and meant to post my into here:

Hi,

I have been lurking here for a couple of weeks, and finally decided to post an intro. I am 44 years old, and have been fat most of my life. I have had weight loss successes, but alway regained the lost weight, and then some. I started at 242 pounds on December 27, and have already lost 10 pounds. My goal weight is 130 (I am 5'4"). I have not seen a weight under 200 in about 10 years.

I am so inspired by some of the stories I have read on this forum. I am doing something similar to the WW Core Program, I just can't afford the meetings. We are on a very tight budget. My husband is attending college full-time while working a very low-paying job, and I work about 12-15 hours a week and homeschool our nine year old daughter. My husband and daughter are both of normal weight, in fact, my daughter is quite thin. I was always a fat child.

Lately, I have become very concerned about my health. My husband loves me unconditionally, and always tells me I am beautiful and sexy. He is also ten years younger than me. I worry that I will die of a heart attack, leaving them both to continue life without me. I want very much to see my child grow up, go to college, etc. I am on medication for high cholesterol and heart arythmia (rapid heartbeat).

I hope to reach my goal of 130 by the end of 2006, but would be quite happy if I am at 150 by then. That would be 92 pounds lost.

Deb
frugalmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 11:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 301/280/175

Default Welcome

Deb,

Welcome and good luck. I do not feel comfortable with the group meeting (and the cost is another thing) so that is why is check in here ALOT. Just reading if nothing else helps knowing we are all going through this together in a sense is helpful. It is also a source of accountability since I know I we discuss our highs and lows through the process. I want to have a lot of good days, show off my weight tracker and have the support I do not always get from those who know me off the computer. (Come on, we all have the friedn or family member whose says you can take a day off the diet. - Well this is a life change and I know I can not always take a day off as much as it is suggested, this is my new way of life.

I also use the fitday site to log my food intake and weigh ins.

Good luck & Take care -

Erin
ejb180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 07:25 AM   #3  

Welcome! I am actually a newbie myself. A week today. But everyone has been so nice and helpful. I love this site. I have been telling everyone I know about it. I use the journals also. That is extremely helpful for me especially late at night when I may be tempted to act up.
72butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 07:50 AM   #4  
One pound at a time...

Deb! This is a great forum with lots of support. Post often so we can get to know you!
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 08:12 AM   #5  
Downsizing Dee!

Hi Deb - welcome to the group. You've certainly found a wonderful place!

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 08:43 AM   #6  
Sick of Fat

S/C/G: 240/183/150

Welcome Deb I could never see paying to go to meetings or to be on a plan myself. It helps for a lot of people, but just isn't for me This site and stuff like this is for me! Hopefully for you too! Welcome!
sabriena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 09:39 AM   #7  
Yee Haw!

S/C/G: 278/220/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi Deb! to the board.

I cant afford WW. We are on a budget here.

I also use FitDay. It really helps me.
Kamily828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 09:24 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

You've found a great place to come for support.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 08:23 AM   #9  

I finally added a little "ticker thingy" to my signature! I also walked 20 minutes on the treadmill yesterday at the "Y". I forgot to weigh myself while I was there, so I will do that today. I don't own a scale.

Deb
Old 01-17-2006, 02:27 PM   #10  

Hi, Deb! Welcome aboard.

It sounds as if you are making great progress. Keep up the good work and post often - it really does make a difference!
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 05:41 PM   #11  

Welcome Deb! I've been away for a while myself, so I'm almost a newbie again I think! You will find a lot of great help, support, and information here.

I homeschooled my girls for several years too and I loved it. It's so great that you get to have that time with your daughter.

I also worried all the time about having a heart attack and leaving my kids alone. That's what really scared me into getting started. I know I'm doing this for me, not for them, but it was my love for them that really kicked me in the butt and got me going.

Keep up the great work!
mthrgoos68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 05:47 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Omigosh, you are back!! back, mthrgoos68! You have been missed.

I'm assuming you haven't changed your signature location because didn't I hear that you'd moved to sunny CA?
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 06:32 PM   #13  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Welcome! I've only been here a very short time - it's great.

My DH is in nursing school, so I know about tight budgets right now.
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 06:58 PM   #14  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Deb!

Great to have you here!!

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 11:22 PM   #15  

Thanks for the warm welcome! I lost another pound this week. Yippee! I also started walking on the treadmill.