Sonoma Diet Recipes Recipes marked for each wave of the Sonoma Diet. Recipes fit in with whole food diets and the Mediterranean diet.

Old 01-14-2006, 01:59 PM   #1  

Default Wave 1 - Broiled Salmon Pesto

Broiled Salmon Pesto - 6- 8 servings

2 pounds salmon fillets
2 lemons
1 1/2 cups pesto - I usually make my own from leftover spinach or broccoli, a little olive oil , fresh basil if you have it, a bit of tofu, a few walnuts or pine nuts and seasonings. takes a few minutes to make in your food processor or blender
1/2 cup white wine

Lightly oil a baking pan large enough to accommodate the fish. Squeeze juice of one lemon and white wine over fish. Marinate 15 minutes.
Preheat broiler.
Coat the top side of the fish with thick layer of pesto. It should be between an 1/8th to a 1/4 of an inch thick, and cover the surface of the fish.
. Place fish under the broiler about nine inches from heat source. Broil for 8 to 10 minutes per inch of thickness, or until fish flakes and flesh is opaque. Pesto should have formed a heavily browned crust. Remove from the oven, and set aside for a few minutes. Squeeze half of second lemon over fish. Slice remaining lemon half into thin slices. Place lemon slices on individual servings, or arrange on the whole flank if serving at the table.
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote