Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2001, 10:49 PM   #1  
Beauty is within...

Smile All Air Walkers / Regular Walkers etc - New beginnings! #35

This thread was previously called:

"All Air Walkers/Gliders/Ellipticals/Treadmills/Regular Walkers #34 - New beginnings!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys!

I hope you don't mind me renaming the thread - was getting a big long!

For anyone who's interested in joining us here, we are trying to increase our exercise by committing to 3 days a week doing the exercise of our choice. We "join class" in here in the morning, making a commitment to exercise that day, and then log in later to report on our progress. This way we'll know that during our busy lives we've managed to get some exercise in! Otherwise we come in when we can, but at least keep in touch regularly to maintain motivation and support.

So join us here on Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays, or any other day you want to drop in and say hi!

Lynne
Old 09-10-2001, 10:51 PM   #2  
Beauty is within...

Talking

Good morning!

Well, yesterday was a good day, and I have the feeling today will be the same! Yay! I hated feeling the way I did after the weekend!

I went for my walk yesterday before lunch, and have already been this morning, to beat the rain. I'm starting to feel panicky, as it was a beautiful day yesterday, with people in SHORTS and I became aware of the fact that I'm running out of time. Long term I'm okay to get to goal by mid next year, but I wanted to have shed at least 10 kilos before it gets warm. Oh well, can only do my best and hope hope hope!!!

It's not far from the wedding... about 13 weeks to go.. eek! I can't wait! I get my dress in about 5 weeks, and I'm hoping to have lost 10 kilos by then. That would be nice, cos that's about one dress size.

I had a little crave attack yesterday arvo, but had 5 Jaffas (marble-sized choc's) and was over the worst of it. I'm prepared today - brought my low fat chocolate bar and low fat rice chips, just in case. I've got TOM coming, so gotta be smart about it this time!!!

Rose, started the new thread like you suggested.
Hey, I wouldn't worry about no exercise with TOM - I know how crappy I feel and I don't suffer anaemia!!! You poor thing! But you normally do really well with your exercise, so a couple of days relaxing won't kill you!

Shasta, I agree that we have to accept down days and just move on, which is exactly what I'm doing. I figure if you are aiming to become a "normal" weighted person with a "normal" lifestyle, then we all enjoy the odd big dinner etc, it's just how we live the other days! If you hate hot weather, don't come to Aussie during summer! Up north, it can get up to 40 degrees (celcius) in the shade! Luckily it's not that bad here, but still cooks! Yes I have one little boy Josh, who's almost 5. I had him on my own and he's wonderful. A real challenge, but very funny and loving. He and Marc get on really well, apart from the usual testing that all kids do!

Well, talk to you all soon.
Lynne
Old 09-11-2001, 08:24 PM   #3  
Beauty is within...

I am so upset to hear what has happened in America, and my heart goes out to all of you, especially those with loved ones in those areas hit. I hope you are all ok and I'm thinking of you all.
Lynne
Old 09-12-2001, 07:33 PM   #4  

Lightbulb Still Movin!

Hey Lynne & Rose:

I just was in so much shock yesterday, watch all of this unfold. I didn't have a chance to post. To listen to all these hearbreaking stories just completely overwelm me. I am praying hard for all those that feel this terrible terrible pain of this tragedy but I am praying for the beautiful souls lost, those that have live thru this nightmare, the recovery ppl who must look for the living and the dead, for those loved ones left behind who must cope with all of this pain, for guidance for our government to figure all this out.

I hope the both of you are doing okay.
I was able to do denise yesterday, for some reason this week seems harder for me. Not sure why. I just walk in place if I can't do the high impact stuff, I was able to do 15 min, out of 20. My thr is 140 so I know I'm getting something good out of it. In a few moments I am going to go do my rower and weightraining, I always enjoy my weightraining, makes me feel good.

I hope the both of you are BUrning those Calories. THinking of the both you.

God Bless,
Shasta
Old 09-13-2001, 09:06 PM   #5  
Beauty is within...

Hi guys

I'm sure I'm like everyone else not really wanting to post about trivial things like weight loss, when so much else is going on, but at the same time we have to remember to look after ourselves and our families.
We have seen a lot here, and it was covered on all channels 24 hours a day for the first 2 days. Things are starting to return to normal a bit now, but still able to watch CNN on Channel 2 and get all the information. It's so horrible, horrible, horrible. I don't know where it's all at for you guys, but last I heard they were hearing tapping from under some of the rubble but have had to evacuate due to structural damage and an oncoming storm. As if they've not got enough to contend with!

I haven't been watching my food much, and haven't exercised in 2 days, as I've spent most of the time in front of the TV. We've been having dramas here too, with one our major airlines being grounded due to liquidation, but nothing as horrible as you guys.
So far about 85 Australians are missing, with 3 confirmed dead. The people who did this have a lot to answer to, because it wasn't just Americans who were affected, but everyone around the world knows someone. So the whole world is calling for blood and the cowards can't even face us. I feel really sorry for the innocent people of middle eastern descent, as they are being targeted from people's anger, when they haven't got anything to do with it. We heard of a bus-load of muslim children being stoned in Brisbane yesterday. Disgusting.

Anyway, Rose I hope you're okay, and please drop in some time soon to let us know.
Again, my deepest sympathy goes out to all those who were killed or missing, and to those family and friends affected.

It's Friday, so I'm not sure if I'll get in over the weekend. If not, I'll speak to you all on Monday. Please take care and love to you all.

Lynne
Old 09-14-2001, 10:35 PM   #6  

Arrow Treading thru water!

Hi Rose & Lynne:

I'm still grieving for these poor poor families, along with the rest of the world. I leave my tv on all day and most of the night, I just don't want to miss anything. I lit a candle today in memory of our brother's and sister's lost in this devestation. I want to take some flowers to the little statue of liberty in west seattle this weekend. I'm holding out hope that there are survivors. It's hard to accept all of this, especially here! I just hope that we go after these terrosits, no matter what u believe in, it's not right to cause all this destruction to anybody, nobody should have to go thru with all this destruction let alone all in one day. How do you get over this much loss in your life. I pray every night that these ppl that were taken so tragically are resting in peace, I pray that these families will make it thru this, and I pray that these ppl searching thru the rubble will be able to cope.
I have to take a break though from all of this. SO I did my rower for 22 minutes and my weightraining for 20 minutes. It does feel like I'm treading thru water this week but I'm still excercising, keeping my goal in mind. I have to keep moving though, I want to lose this weight, i'm so tired of being overweight. I will do this one step at time.
Rose and lynne: I hope you guzs are okay. I totally understand about not excercising this week. Just keep your head up, we will get thru this!!!!!!!!! America will get thru this!
Take good care!

Shasta
Old 09-16-2001, 10:31 PM   #7  
Beauty is within...

Greetings all!

It’s been very hard for me to pull myself out of this “depression” that I’ve been in since last week. For some reason I’ve been affected quite badly, and find it hard to move on. But life doesn’t stop when we do, and obligations call.

I had a reasonably good weekend. I managed to finalise the wedding invitations last week, so they’ll be going out soon. I had my hairdresser come over on Saturday so we all got to try out our “do’s” for the big day. It’s very exciting!

I didn’t get to exercise, and I’m finding it hard to get the energy. I think it’s also TOM coming that’s tiring me out. However, I’ve got my clothes at work and I’m going to go for a really long walk at lunch time. The sun’s out, and some fresh air will do me good.

Eating wise, god only knows! I think it wasn’t too bad, and I tried to keep track, but no journalling, so at the end of the day I’ve got no idea! But back onto that too.

I’m feeling very flat today. I’m hoping this walk and some light healthy food will perk me up.

One of the hardest things about what happened last week is how it’s affecting the children. There’s been a big debate here about how much we should let our kids see, and how to explain it to then, and protect them. Now they’re saying that kids under 9 years shouldn’t watch any of it because of how it will affect then psychologically. Nice for them to tell us that now - bit late! However, should we shield them from something that has such a huge impact on everyone? Isn’t it better for them to know that it’s a sad time and we have to be careful to respect and listen to others? Anyway, Josh had a bad dream last night about monsters taking him away from us, and ended up spending the night in our bed, and now I’m worried that it’s got to him more than I thought. It’s so difficult to know what’s the right thing to do.

Shasta, well done on keeping up your exercise and program!
Rose I hope you're okay = haven't heard from you in a while!

Have a great day everyone, and I’ll talk to you later.

Lynne
Old 09-17-2001, 08:21 PM   #8  
Beauty is within...

Good morning!

Rose where are you??? We're missing you here, and I hope in light of last week that all is ok. I'm not sure where you're from?? Please drop in soon to say hi.

I got a 40 MINUTE WALK in yesterday!!!!!
I felt so much better for it, and my food was fairly good. Bit over points, but I'm making up for that today.

The sun's out and it will be 22 degrees today - so nice to have decent weather for a change!

Talk to you soon!
Lynne
Old 09-17-2001, 11:22 PM   #9  

Lightbulb Movin & groovin

Hi Lynne & rose:
How is you? I hope good!
I did my rower just now, it's now 8 pm, a bit late but better then nothing. I did 23 minutes of the rower and 20 minutes of my weightraining. I did kind of bad on my diet the last three days but today is a new day and I shall prevail this week. I'm keeping a journal so at least I'll know which foods brought me over the edge and stay away from those.
All this knews is really hard to take in. Hopefully we can get thru this together! I have finally taken a break from the news because it was really affecting me. I watch the news once when I get up and once when I go to bed. I think It's better for me to channel it postively so tonight I'm gonna give some flowers to our fire department and late rthis week take some to the little statue of liberty over in west seattle. I pray every night for survivors and I pray that if it happens they are none, that god will comfort these families. I pray the recuers will be able to live with all the terrible things they have seen. I think the best thing I could do right now is to keep up with my excercise program. It was getting to the point where I wasn't sleeping but I need to take care of that husband of mine and keep the house up. I'm looking for a way to channel all this sadness and heart ache, I think I will go to church this sunday. We shall not be intiamated, we will be strong and GET THRU THIS!!!!!!!
Lynne- Keep walking and burning those calories!!!!! Your wedding is just around the corner. Let's channel our sadness in a positive way and get thru this!!!!!! We can do it!
Rose- Hope your doing good! Miss ya! Let us know how your doing!

Shasta
Old 09-18-2001, 06:28 PM   #10  

Hi Everyone!

I'm sorry I haven't been posting. I work on a military base and it's been really difficult lately to get to work and it's been stressful. Fortunately, I've been spared from having any friends or family members hurt or killed in the awful attack so I am very grateful for that. It's been so much of a strain on me, that at night I'm exhausted from all the stress and haven't been doing any type of exercise for a whole week! I'm going to try to do something tonight. I'm so sorry I haven't been around much but I'm glad to see you are still here keeping this thread alive!

Shasta-Way to go on doing so well with your exercise. I know what you mean about turning the news off for a while. I deal with it at work and then when I get home I just need a break from it all. Hopefully I'll get some exercise in because I know it helps with stress and depression.

Lynne-I'm here! It's just been difficult for me to post! Work has been hectic but I'm okay. You've been doing great with the exercise! Hopefully I'll be able to report the same soon.

Once again I'm sorry and I'll try to post more often. But I have to get off of here and get back to work. Hopefully I'll post tomorrow.

Take care and God bless.
Old 09-18-2001, 07:41 PM   #11  

Lightbulb Burning Calories

hi Rose & lynne:

Okay today was a pretty good day! I did my denise austin today, 20 minutes, I think it's getting better, pretty soon I'll be ahead of them...hehe...I keep thinking that anyway. I do it at my own pace for now but at least I'm still burning calories. Hey who knows maybe I can teach my own class one day I'm stayin to my diet today, went to store and bought some healthy snacks. My food journal is helping a great deal, then I look and see which foods took me over my limit and watch it for the next day. So I'm on my way!

ROSE:
So happy your back Rose! Missed ya.
I'm glad your safe and your famlies safe!
I hope things will get better for you.
I think your excercising will help so much!
Well you take care of yourself! Hope your taebo helps you relieve some stress!

Lynne:
keep walkin girl! the wedding is almost here! I bet your getting so excited. I hope things are better for you.
We can do it!

Take good care and stay strong!

shasta
Old 09-18-2001, 09:00 PM   #12  
Beauty is within...

Hi all!

Rose, I'm so glad to hear from you and know you're okay! I'm glad that no one you know has been hurt, but it must be so hard being right in the thick of it. I don't how those volunteers are coping, considering all they see and do. If you get a chance, could you tell all your military people and any volunteers that I think they are wonderful and we are all in huge admiration of all they do. Send them big hugs from me. Don't worry about your exercise, it will all come. It took me a good week to get back into the swing of things, and I'm so far removed compared to you!

Shasta, glad to hear you're also back into it, and your exercise has been inspirational! I think that's why I was so keen to start walking again - didn't want to be left behind!

I've been eating well, and got another 40 minute walk in yesterday. Must remember to see how far I'm going. I also went 10 pin bowling last night with Josh and Marc. Josh has joined the local league, and doing quite well considering he's only 4 1/2!

I'm not sure if I'll get a walk in today. It's quite warm, so it would be nice, but I've got heaps of running around to do. I'm hoping to do my aerobics tonight instead, but TOM is due, so who knows! I've also got my weigh in at WW tonight, which will be interesting as I'm feeling really good, but missed last week's, so you never know! My scales stopped working, so I haven't even been able to cheat and see what they say!

Have a great day and catch you tomorrow!
Lynne

PS I know that it's one week since the tragedy, so my biggest thoughts and hugs go out to you all in USA.
Old 09-19-2001, 07:50 PM   #13  
Beauty is within...

Good morning!

Well I survived my weigh in! I've lost another .3 kilos! It might be coming off, but it's darn reluctant! Mind you, I was expecting TOM and I know that always adds weight, so I'm hoping next week should see a better result. That's .66 pounds by the way!

I feel so good too! Having exercised so much and eaten well, I'm not suffering any PMS at all!

I didn't get any exercise yesterday, and was too busy icing cakes to do my aerobics, so a nice big session tonight. Marc and I are going into town today to buy the envelopes for our invites, so I can't get my walk in today. With the wind the way it is, I'd probably get blown off the footpath anyway!

Take care all!
Lynne
Old 09-19-2001, 07:55 PM   #14  

Exclamation Way to goal!

Hi Lynne & rose:
How ya doin today? I hope good!
Glad you guzs are getting back to your routines!
It's a beautiful day here in Seattle!
I rowed for 23 minutes and did my 20 minute weightraining excercise, I was a bit tired today but I pushed myself to finish it. My diet seems to be going good! I feel like I'm in good control. I just need to drink my aqua today!
Well I better go finish a few errands....enjoy this gorgeous day!

Lynne: good job getting back to your walking...Hope you enjoy your aerobics! We can do it

Rose: Hope your taebo and total gym workouts are going good!

Stay strng and let's burn those calories! have a nice evening!

Shasta
Old 09-26-2001, 02:08 AM   #15  
Beauty is within...

Red face

Hi guys

Sorry it’s been so long since I’ve posted. I’ve been so busy and freaking out a little about the wedding stuff, and I’m not getting any exercise in let alone barely remembering to eat well. Good news is that I’ve maintained this week. Bad news is that I didn’t lose. I need to buckle down this week. The exercise is definitely the key for me and I can’t afford to miss it.
I’m just about to go for a walk this afternoon. I did get some exercise with gardening on the weekend, but it’s not the same…
I hope you’re all well and keeping up your programs. You’ve gotta keep me on track!

I’m doing this off-line, so I can’t see what you’ve written, so hopefully I’ll try and post more later and reply to your posts.

Chow for now
Lynne
Closed Thread