Old 01-13-2006, 06:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Default Friends around the World # 10.

I was going to go for a Chateau in France but had an even better thought. We are now going to live in a place which is as up to date as tomorrow and as old fashioned as you can get and is anywhere that you wish it to be. See what I mean..........

Our new village..... Cobblestone Bridge.

And for the holiday home, I've gone to dear old NZ and snaffled the Chateau Tongariro. Should you wish to go in the winter, then there is skiing and sliding and snowboarding to be had. And it is not as harsh as the Canadian winter. Summer brings bushwalking, scenery, climbing and all seasons serve luscious lo-fat food.

To go back to the old thread click here.... http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...=69029&page=36

Enjoy......
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 07:05 AM   #2  
Tig
Gotta RUN!

Shad ~ I LOVE our new village! Look at all the paths for me to run on! And the holiday home will be great for long rides!
Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 07:44 AM   #3  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Oh Shad, once again you have picked us the perfect place - thank you! I actually OWN a place in this town - Clocktower Cottage. I love the peaceful serenity and the beauty of the paths and foilage all around. It's a lovely town where you can chose to be amongst friends or enjoy some quiet solitude - whatever your heart desires. I'm delighted that I won't have to pack much for this trip! As for the mountain Chateau, I can close my eyes and take in a big whiff of delightfully fresh mountain air. Ahhhhhh

I woke up quite foggy this morning. Got to bed earlier than I have been but was awoken to loud bangs and crashes and extra bright lights. Quite a doozer of a thunderstorm around 1:30am. Even DH got up to check out the show. This morning I have a pretty bad headache and I wanted nothing more than to shut the alarm off and rollover in bed but alas, it is Friday and sometimes the sheer thought that there is only one more day left is what gets me up and moving. Maybe if I direct that warm shower on my achy little head

Aiming for a good day otherwise, I hope you all do the same.

Meadow - thank you for the cheery little good morning song that was the only song I could play on my guitar long, long, ago. **hums as she heads off to the shower...***

Last edited by happy2bme; 01-13-2006 at 07:51 AM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 08:19 AM   #4  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Red face Thank you Shad

My what a beautiful, gorgeous new home! Thank you very much. I'm going to love biking and walking around this new place. It looks so peaceful.

I managed to do a mile on my bike yesterday. I had a reality check after whining to a dear friend of mine about my lack of motivation. It was a reality check that smacked me in BOTH sets of my chubby cheeks and moved me to do a mile before my shower, whether I had the time or not. I obviously DID have the time, because I made it to work with plenty of time to spare. I should thank that dear friend, but I'm sure she has no idea that SHE was the inspiration. I should be ashamed of myself for having the gall to whine to her.

Today is weights day so (although I don't know why I'm UP so early) I'd better keep on with the house work I started early today.

Two days of working alone and having BOTH computers to myself! And I've recently started spending time in the 3FC chat rooms. I'd love to see some of YOU there.

Thank you again, Shad, for the new home(s).
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 09:02 AM   #5  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Default Love the new homes! :)

Shad, lovely new places you've chosen for us. I could get lost for hours just leaning over the bridge, tossing pebbles into the water, and listening to the wind in the trees. And that crisp mountain air at the holiday home should help burn off some of these pounds, for sure!

Happy, hope the headache eases. TGIF- just got to make it through the day.

Java, way to go on that mile. Yeah! Enjoy the early hour, and maybe find a way to motivate yourself to get another mile in- added bonus exercise!

I'm very tired this morning, but as Happy said, it is Friday, so that makes it bearable. I don't know if we'll head to the new house tonight, or leave sometime tomorrow before noon. Seems I have an easier time getting up on the weekends, knowing I'll be working on the new place than I have dragging in to the office.

I'll check in before we leave. As soon as we have phone and internet in the new house, I should bring my laptop from work to the new house, so I can check in, and complain when I'm sore. Shad, I give you permission to beat me senseless if I complain about these projects, especially with as much as you have accomplished- whack me with the dead sander!

Have a wonderful Friday, and weekend, ladies!
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 09:47 AM   #6  

Default I love the new places!

Wow, I love our new homes..... I'm already imagining what I can do on the weekends with all of that space.

Shad - doing pretty well with the spinning. I've done the gym 3 days this week and I plan on going today as well. I'm going to do the exercise bike and the treadmill today while listening to some music on the Ipod.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. I'm happy it's a 3 day one for me!! I want to relax.

Take care.

Lisa
hellokittyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 12:10 PM   #7  
Smackin' into a Wall

Hi all!

Love the new Digs. Could I go snowshoeing there?? I would like that. It's so quiet in the winter in the woods.

I could really use a few days of peace and solitude. Been, yes you guessed it, working until I am punchy. Why should other people's bad planning constitute an emergency for me? Had to skip a gym workout this morning because of it. Oh it's good when you get a call from the Project Manager at 7:41 in the morning. I've done three days this week, so that isn't bad. I'll get at least one workout in this weekend (maybe Sunday) so that will be 4 for the week.

I'll have to go back and read the rest of the last thread. Try to check back in later. Take care my friends!!
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 12:57 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Shad--The village looks like a Thomas Kincaid painting. It's beautiful as well as the snow capped moutains.

Happy--A city called Jonesboro recieved some damage from last nights storm. The national weather service didn't put out a weather bullentin for a tornado so they are calling the damage from straight line winds. Boy it's cold outside right now.

My door bell rang just a minute ago. F. had brought a check to me. It's our so called bonus. If we don't miss a day from work we get a 300 dollar bonus and I had some vacation time to sell back. It's a good little hunk of money. Now I need to get ready to venture out into that cold air to go to the bank.

Java--Been thinking about going to the chat room here. used to do it quite frequently but then everyone disappeared. Maybe I ran them off!!!!

I've done my 30 minutes of aerobics this morning and been on the computer ever since. I've also started my personal journal on the computer. I've got to get through some emotional stuff right now and I'm ready to admit some things to myself but not in public.

More later--going to get ready for the day.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 02:54 PM   #9  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

That's exactly what it is Ceejay. It's called Cobblestone Bridge. I'm probably breeching copyright but what the heck. It's all in fun. It's not quite the village I was looking for, but for some reason the 'net only gave me 225 out of something like 20K images. Been having the odd problem like that with the 'net over the last week. Pages can't be displayed or can't be found. Slow or no go at all occasionally. Then last night I had a call from a Telstra operator saying that they have been upgrading my local telephone exchange for more hispeed internet. Thankyou for being a customer. Well, well.
Yesterday I worked like a little slave and have finished - apart from a very small block of wall in the dining room - all corniches and scrubbing of walls and skirting boards. The place is now ready for plastering. Today I will do the floors and put the fridge back in its place, clean up the rubbish and apart from a trip to the gym for some weights and a Body Balance class, I don't think I will do much at all apart from a bit of pampering, hair, skin and nails. Otherwise I'll have Meadow on my tail again, telling me to look after myself.

Tig - Glad you like the new place. I hope the paths will be good for your running - and mine come to that. I think there are bike trails in the area for you and Slim to unwind. I do know that just down the road a bit, there is a superb restaurant for breakfast and lunches. Eaten there many a time. Actually in my young and silly days I worked at the Chateau Tongariro for a couple of months. In those days it was owned by the Tourist Hotel Corporation of NZ and as itinerant workers we moved around from hotel to hotel as fancy took us. A lot of fun was had I can tell you and you got to see and experience the beauty of the country.

Happy - I was thinking of you while I was going through the paintings and deciding which one would be suitable for us. I can remember the time that my friend in Arizona took me to the Kinkade gallery in Sedona. They had some lovely paintings on display. I also had a brochure from an outfit here last week inviting me to buy one of his stained glass windows in a frame. It was pretty but doesn't fit my decor. And it was expensive.

Turtle - you are welcome in new home - pick a cottage and just move in when you are ready. Well done on that exercise. Today do the mile and just 10 more minutes. You'll be surprised how quickly it adds up.
I used to go to the chat room but because of the time differences here, everyone was there in the middle of my night and I do like my sleep. There seems to be few Aussies and Kiwis around at the moment. They must be out enjoying the beaches or rioting somewhere maybe.

Jennifer - well that would be one way of putting the dead sander to use. I could use it for the hammer throw at the Olympics or somewhere. I think you are probably doing just as much as me in the way of cleaning, scrubbing and generally making yourself a slave to the house. Is this another weekend on the airbed?

Lisa - Nice to have a 3 day weekend once in a while. Enjoy it. They don't come often enough. This is saying something from soneone who lives in a place where there are more public holidays and long weekends than you can poke a stick at.

Madcat - you can go snowshoeing in the new place. Please remember to leave the shoes at the door when you get back. Gotta leave the place as we found it. I went back and read up on the Debating Chamber at the U of T. Wow - even JFK went there to debate the US Foreign Policy. How many people are you looking to put into it?
Gotta love these Project Managers that think you don't have a life. At least he/ she waited until after 7.30 to call. I remember one such call on a job that started with: I have this fantastic idea........
My response was to keep it warm, it was in a strange place, think it over and tell me if it is still fantastic in a couple of hours time.

Ceejay - there is a whole Maori legend to those mountains around the Chateau. There are three of them. Tongariro, Ruapehu (which you see in that picture) and Ngaruhoe. According to legend there were 4. Taranaki was also there. Taranaki (was a man mountain) fell in love with Tongariro (female mountain) and was about to propose marriage when Ruapehu came busting in and tore them apart. Taranaki was so upset and there were a few arguments around in the form of eruptions (thats why Ruapehu is not perfectly formed any more - he blew his top) he picked up his handsome mountain body and moved down the plateau and out to the very edge of the land where he sits today brooding and looking out to sea. On the way out, he formed the Waikato River bed which is today famous for the Huka falls, Aratiatia Rapids and many other wonderful bits of NZ scenery on the North Island. There you go, your dose of trivia for Friday the 13th.

Meadow, thanks for that wonderful song. Now I can't get it out of my head. And it doesn't make a really good scrubbing song. It's too pretty.

Hiya Mel, Linus, Teel, Carla, LindaT, Ruthxxx, et al.

Last edited by Shad; 01-13-2006 at 03:00 PM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 03:25 PM   #10  

hi folks,well i got my zyban and my official stop smoking day is next friday and im actually looking forward to it ,the money saved is going straight to driving lessons and at the moment i smoke nearly 40 cigarettes a day so that £8.50 i save every day so thats £59.50 a week ,craig and i have a bet going that if i still have stopped smoking by my birthday{june the 18th}hes taking me out for a meal at a resteraunt i choose and hes paying
i took cj too his first baby massage session this morning and he screamed holy **** for 20 minutes and had all the other babies in tears too so we made a hasty exit the rest of the day hes been a bit gurny so i think his teeth are playing him up again .
MEL how are you hunny???? hugs from us to you
SHAD once again youve chosen brilliantly the new home is magnificent ,does that mountain range overlook water that has dolphins in it ???? i once saw billy connolly touring new zealand and it took my breath away and its the one place in the world i want to visit someday
JENNIFER i did mean to say and as usual i forgot but builders bring cleaning companys into new build homes to clean them before the new home owner signs off on the property,maybe the next one should be over here ,but enjoy it and may it always be a very happy home for you and your family
HAPPY i live 1 minute away from a golf course that resembles a mountain range so if ever you feel like a game come visit
right im off im gonna go and have a nice hot bath and watch some mindless tv or ill watch young harry potter again lol
bye for now
kirsty
ps hi to holly, meadow ,ceejay,madcat,painter,linda,teel, and my biker buddy tig
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 04:26 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Shad --sorry to spoil the fun. I will not tell if you won't. I'd love to live there and have often daydreamed about it. I'm a big Thomas Kincaid fan.

Linus--I know you can stop smoking. I'm cheering for you.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 04:36 PM   #12  

Lovely home. HI chicks. Happy weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 07:32 PM   #13  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Wanted to swing by and post- we're packing up and will be hitting the road in about 20 minutes. Have a wonderful weekend, and those in the states, enjoy the extra day off on Monday!
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 02:43 AM   #14  
Radiate self!

Looking good Shad but I think the new digs need a waterfall

Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 08:40 AM   #15  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

CEEJAY~ I SMILED WHEN I READ YOUR POSTS. I WOULD LOVE TO CRAWL INSIDE A THOMAS KINCAID PAINTING AND STAY THERE. AND FUNNY YOU SHOULD BE WORKING ON SOME "HEAD" STUFF CAUSE YESTERDAY I ENDED UP WITH A MENTAL HEALTH DR AFTER FALLING APART IN THE OTHER'S OFFICE. I HAVE A WRITTEN JOURNAL AND THEY SUGGESTED USING IT AT NIGHT AGAIN LIKE I USED TO. GET'S IT ALL OUT! GOOD LUCK WITH YOURS. SALT IS OUR ENEMY!!!

MEADOW~ TRUE TO MY NAME, I AM SINGING MY SONG THIS MORNING!!! THANKS!!! LOVE THE WATERFALL AND I WILL TAKE MY BOOKS AND READ THERE. BUT NOT TOO CLOSE, I DON'T WANT TO GET RUSTY! HOPE THE EXERCISE IS GOING WELL. AND WHAT IS THIS ABOUT INNOCENT LOOKING CANDIES?!?!?

MARY~ I SEE I AM STILL HAVE TO BEAT YOU WITH A WET NOODLE!!! KEEP UP THE EXERCISE THANKS FOR THE COMPANY LAST NIGHT AND SORRY I WAS FALLING ASLEEP. BUT YOU AND JEN WERE NICE TO COME HOME TO AFTER A HARD DAYS "WORK".

SHAD~ I LOVE THE NEW HOME AS ALWAYS. HOW DID YOU KNOW I NEEDED A PLACE TO REST AND REGROUP! I LOVE COBBLESTONE ANYTHING!!! ESPECIALLY PATHS. THEY MAKE ME FEEL LIKE I'M RIDING ON A GIANT 4 WHEELED VIBRATOR!!! SO SORRY TO HEAR THE SANDER DIED. DID YOU SET FIRE TO IT OR GIVE IT A PROPER FUNERAL

DDII~ JEN YOU KNOW I SEND ALL MY BEST WISHES FOR A VERY HAPPY AND HEALTHY LIFE IN YOUR NEW HOME WITH HUBBY. I KNOW A LOT OF WORK, SWEAT AND TEARS HAS GONE INTO THAT PALACE AND HOPE THE TWO OF YOU ENJOY IT AND GET SETTLED IN QUICKLY.

LINUS~ THANK THE GODS FOR DRUGS OF ALL KINDS!! I THOUGHT OF YOU YESTERDAY WHEN I TOOK THE CODEINE. GOT A BACK ACHE WHILE THERE. POPPED THE PILL AND ALL WAS WELL GOOD LUCK MY FRIEND AND SENDING GOOD VIBES FOR A SPEEDY SMOKE FREE LIFE. YOU CAN DO THIS!!! WE'RE STRONG PEOPLE AND CAN DO AND ENDURE ANYTHING. I REALLY BELIEVE THAT LUV. LET US KNOW IF WE CAN HELP YOU FIND THAT CRAZED ROCKER INSIDE. I'LL HAVE YOU KNOW THAT WE CAN STILL SEE HER EVEN IF YOU CAN'T!

MISS MADCAT~ LINDA IS GONNA ZAP YOUR BUTT GIRL!!! AND IF SHE DOESN'T, I WILL!!! NO EXERCISE MEANS BAD KNEES SO GET GOING OR I MIGHT JUST BORROW THE PROD!!! (BUT I STILL LOVE YOU ANYWAY ) HOW GOES THE WD PLANNING? HOW IS THE FIL? LET'S HAVE THE WEDDING AT THE COBBLESTONE PLACE!

HOLLY~ HOW IS THE HAIR? DID YOU POST PICS? I DIDN'T SEE ANY AS I SCANNED THE LAST THREAD. FROM YOUR XMAS PICTURE LAST YEAR, YOU AND THE FAMILY ARE A VERY NICE LOOKING BUNCH. YOU IN PARTICULAR ARE A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN WAITING TO BLOOM. NOW GRAB 2006 BY THE BALLS AND MAKE THIS YOUR YEAR. WORK ALL YOU WANT BUT DO THINGS FOR YOU AND YOUR HEALTH. YOU ARE WORTH IT!! I KNOW THIS CAUSE LOREAL COMMERCIALS TELL ME SO!!

LISA~ I WILL ENJOY MY 3 DAY WEEKEND TOO! MAYBE WE CAN TOAST EACH OTHER!! THANKS FOR THE ENCOURAGEMENT. IT MEANT A LOT. SOMETIMES IT'S ALSO GOOD TO KNOW OTHERS HAVE PROBLEMS TOO. WISHING US BOTH WELL THIS YEAR!!

TIG~ YOU'LL FIND US A GOOD PATH TO RUN AND RIDE?! I'L FOLLOW YOU THIS TIME!! MAYBE I CAN BE YOUR RUNNING COACH HOW IS SLIM AND HIS BACK? HOW ARE THE THUGS? AND HOW ARE YOU!!!???

HAPPY~ I SAVED YOU FOR LAST...HAVE YOU READ THE BOOK? I AM LOVING IT!! SUCH SIMPLE IDEAS AND VERY CLOSE TO MICHAEL THURMOND'S PLAN FOR THE C-TYPE BODY. I JUST LIKE THE SUGGESTIONS AND THE WHOLE BOOK WAS VERY INVITING....EVEN THE COVER!!!
HOW ARE YOUR BODY PARTS?! FEELING GOOD??? THE DRUG I WAS ON WAS NAPROXEN AND OF LATE THEY ARE FINDING THAT CHRONIC USE PEOPLE LIKE MYSELF MAY HAVE PROBLEMS WITH IT AS SOMEHOW IT FEEDS THE YEAST OR MAKES YEAST OR WHATEVER...BUT I HAVE BEEN ON IT IN ONE FORM OR ANOTHER SINCE THE 70'S.
BUT IT WASN'T THIS PILL THAT GOT THE BALL ROLLING....IT WAS MISUSE OF PENECILLAN AND OTHER HEAVY ANTIBIOTICS LIKE KEFLEX. I HAD DRS WHEN I WAS A KID AND YOUNG WOMAN THAT GAVE THEM TO ME LIKE ONE A DAY MULTIPLE VITAMINS. THUS THE CHEMICAL IMBALANCE IN MY BODY WAS BORN AND SOARED. HOPE YOUR KNEES AND DIET ARE GOING WELL

PW~ WHERE THE BLAZES ARE YOU TOO MANY PEOPLE ARE MISSING HERE.

WHERE IS TEEL? DISAPPEARED AGAIN? IS SHE AFTER MY FIRIES?? BETTER NOT BE!! ROSEBLUSH IS MISSING ALSO!! TO EVERYONE!!!

WELL THIS LAST DR HAS A LOT OF IDEAS SHE WILL SET UP AND IS IN THE PROCESS OF ANALYZING MY OWN PAST AND PAST TESTS. THEN WE WILL MAKE DATES FOR A BARRAGE (SP) OF TESTS AND MEETINGS TO DISCUSS ALTERNATIVE PLANS DEPENDING ON THE RESULTS WE GET OVER THE NEXT FEW MONTHS. SHE TOLD ME SHE CANNOT PROMISE ME ANYTHING BUT HER UNDYING HELP. I FELL APART AND SHE CALLED IN MENTAL HEALTH. JUST FOR A SECOND THERE I MUST SAY I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO LOSE IT. THE FUNNY THING WAS AFTER WE SPOKE, THE WOMAN LOOKED AT ME FUNNY AND I ASKED WHAT'S WRONG. SHE SAID YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION AND I DON'T THINK YOU EVEN KNOW IT. I SAID THAT I WISH I DIDN'T HAVE TO LEAD THE KIND OF LIFE THAT GOES WITH IT. SHE FULLY UNDERSTOOD. I DON'T NEED ANY "HAPPY" DRUGS WHICH IS WHAT I KNEW.....I JUST NEED A BREAK.....OR A REST.
ONE GOOD PIECE OF INFO IS THAT THIS WHOLE ISSUE HAS EVERYONE AROUND HERE IS WALKING ON EGGSHELLS AND RETIREMENT IS NOT JUST A WORD ANY LONGER. FUNNY HOW THINGS GET DONE EVEN WHEN YOU DON'T HAVE A HAND IN IT....SO TO SPEAK.
SPIRITS ARE GOOD EYES ARE RED BUT THAT PART WILL PASS. I HAVE 3 DAYS OF SILENCE AND AS JEN SAID LAST NIGHT....MA, WHY DON'T YOU MAKE IT A HARRY POTTER MELIDAY. SOUNDS GOOD TO ME
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!! THANKS FOR BEING HERE AND TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOURSELVES. YOU'RE IMPORTANT TO ME
ps my smilies and links aren't working!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote