Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2001, 07:33 AM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default Monday AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Hey Girls Look its me the wandering American
I have to make this brief b/c i have 200+ emails to go through
The last 2 weeks have been insane and I have missed you guys soo much I hope you are all safe and well and i'll check back later
Love
Kier
Old 09-17-2001, 09:27 AM   #2  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Hey Kier, we have been thinking of you and your jet-setting life.

My weekend was ok. I have a cold so feel yucky. Maily I spent the weekend cleaning my house. Also worked at a blood drive at church.

Anyway, I am off to find some water. Talk with you all soon

Trish
Old 09-17-2001, 09:39 AM   #3  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

My weekend was OK. I worked out on Saturday and did some major cleaning and laundry on Sunday. But I ate HORRIBLE both days. Yesterday I got into some chocolate chip cookies that I made for hubby. So not like me.... I was eating the dough! It was a new recipe and the dough was very yummy!! But it made me have a tummy ache!

Bow hunting season started this weekend here, so hubby was gone a bit both days. Just me, Emma and the dog (and cat but she is no bother). And then when he gets home he wonders why I am tired. Granted he was only gone for 3-4 hours at a time. But that still is a long time when you have a baby that is into everything and a dog that steals the babies toys.

Trish, hope thta cold gets better!!! I hated when I had those while PG. Your immune system is low, so it takes longer to go away!

KO, You are there... How is it???

Well, better get to work this Monday morning!
Old 09-17-2001, 09:54 AM   #4  

Good morning everyone!

Well, not that great of a morning here. It is raining and very dreary! Oh well, its Monday.....Not much going on at work today, it has been pretty quiet here at the University, students are back to school today, they had Friday off for memorial services.

I have been terrible eating lately, and my clothes are showing it. I really feel fat...so, I am trying to be motivated today, and journalling again, and going to walk on my treadmill tonight. I am going to start each day at a time again, and really "start over" in my weight loss journey. I can't believe less than I year ago, I was at my personal goal, now I would just like to be at my WW goal!! Oh well, no one's fault by my own...

KO ~ It is so good to hear from you! I hope Ireland is treating you well!

Jen ~ Glad someone else has a hunter in the family other than me! But, my DH rifle hunts...my time is coming!! Now, your entitled to a day of shopping! (That is how my DH and I work it out...one day of hunting = one day of shopping! )

Trish ~ Hope you feel better soon! My co-worker's wife just had a baby boy early Friday morning...9 lbs 4 oz!! And, my cousin just had a boy too, early Sunday morning...7 lbs 12 oz!! I have baby's coming out my ears!! When is your due date again?? I hope everything is going smoothly. Pregnancy is such a great thing...I would love to be pregant again, just don't think I want another child...two is plenty for me, especially being 5 1/2 and 3 years old.

Hello to everyone else lurking and about to post!!

I am going to try to gain some ambition today and get some things done here at work....I struggle on Mondays.

I have my lovely TOM now, and just popped some Midol, I swear it gets worse as I get older....so, I am really having a fat day today!!!

TTYL....
Old 09-17-2001, 10:32 AM   #5  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Jen: Boy, cookies sound good.

Tonya: I am due January 1. So I still have forever to go. Those are big babies. I think I might have a big baby. Both hubby and I are tall and he was like 9lb at birth and I was like 7. So it might be huge! I think one day at a time is the best way to keep on track with WW. Really try to set some goals and I know you will get back to where you want to be,

Trish
Old 09-17-2001, 10:38 AM   #6  

My neighbor is due the first week of Nov. (same time I was) and her belly is HUGE now. My other neighbor is due in 3 weeks and she has the most perfect round basketball belly. The huge one is gossipy and nasty and she was quite rude to me while I was PG and even now she barely talks to me anymore... so I think it is funny how big she is already and how much she acts like the PG is so hard.

Tonya... it is rainy and gloomy here too!
Old 09-17-2001, 10:47 AM   #7  
Eve's Mom

Default Howdy girls

How is everyone today?? Trish - you better hope your baby isnt' that big - 9lbs!! Yikes

Kierie - you are alive and well!! Yay!! We were abit worried about you lately since the attack on the US and you were not responding anywhere...

Tonya - don't worry, you'll get back on - why don't you buy one of those 12 week planners to get you back tracking? The new tool has helped me, I bought it on Friday and so far so good! I used it all weekend, although I had one very very bad day on teh weekend - yesterday I was sick with a headcold and I ate ribs for lunch...oh my god, they were good, but I think they were about 10 points (swiss chalet half rack). Plus a potatoe and cole slaw, yikes. I was over by 4 points yesterday. So today I'll be eating low...

OH I was down .8# on Friday...SIGH....no comment.

Jen - I am with you girl on the eating...I love cookie dough too- but it does make me sick...Hey, are you stress eating perhaps? Sounds like you need soem Jen time....bubble bath? good book?? Pottery painting? (that is what I am doing tomorrow).

Well, I better get my rear in gear (as my mom would say) adn do some work....

Hello to all posters!!

Belle
Old 09-17-2001, 10:58 AM   #8  

I think I am over extending myself. I have lots of things to do every night. It's nuts. Now I was accepted into the Master Gardener program and that meets every Tuesday for 12 weeks. Ughhh... plus Emma has Swim Class on Thursdays (which I enjoy), and I have slacked a little on planning this huge conference that is next week. Things are also very nuts here at work... we lost a programmer, so the work is backing up.

I do need to sit down and read a good book, but it is hard when you have a baby. Sometimes you just can't find enough free time. And when I hide, I am always found.
Old 09-17-2001, 11:13 AM   #9  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Good Monday...

I'm here and boss is not, but I've tons of work to do I've got.
hahaha Poetry at it's finest.
I'm thinking of everyone!
Old 09-17-2001, 11:22 AM   #10  
Eve's Mom

Stacey, that was beautiful!!

Jen, can you get a sitter or someone in your family to watch Emma, doggie and kitty and take a Jen day?? Sounds like you need a spa!!!

I have the United Way event next monday that I am desparate to get done and in order!! Special events are a pain in teh butt (but sometimes fun)...

Belle
Old 09-17-2001, 11:52 AM   #11  
Proud Mama

Morning ladies!

I had a very nice weekend. Attended a wedding on Saturday and it was so nice to focus on something positive. Also, my mom visited this weekend and I must admit, even at the age of 30, it was very nice to spend some time with my mommy.

Well, I suppose I should admit that I'm totally NOT OP, but I am trying to be sensible. Hubby and I have decided to TTC our next child eventhough I originally wanted to lose a bunch of weight first... I just found it too overwhelming, the thought of losing weight only to gain it AGAIN... so we've decided to just go ahead. I will watch carefully during the next pregnancy to make sure I don't gain 60 (!) pounds again, and just as soon as it's all over I will make it my #3 priority (kids and hubby are 1 & 2) to get back down to my goal weight! There wont be a time-line for it, and I think it will be easier that way.

In the meanwhile, I'm trying not to eat unless I'm actually hungry (don't laugh) and to limit my junk and dessert food intake.

Ok, will check in later!
Old 09-17-2001, 11:55 AM   #12  

Janet ~

That sounds very sensible. It is very hard to accomplish goals when you don't have short term (baby step) goals. Congrats on the TTC! I wish you the best...try and eat sensibly, and who knows, you will probably lose weight when you aren't so stressed about the extra pounds!
Old 09-17-2001, 01:49 PM   #13  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

hey girls
All this baby talk is making me feel like nesting Its so bizarre im cleaning and straightening the new place all the time I'm sure the novelty will wear off soon

I think i do it to keep my mind off other things like no in house net access lol its pitiful when i finally found the computer lab it was like XMAS on a slightly disturbing note or more like an odd note more ppl who i have gotten in touch with have been in and around the twin towers My uncles brother in law was on the 41st floor and got out safe
a friend of mine was in the building i think on a lower floor/lobby and he got out but he used to work on the 102 floor and a good friend of mine whos a fire man was doing EMT stuff at ground zero
Care for a cup of normality? I'm still waiting for mine
I like ireland its very relaxing and My BFs here I almost told him the L word when he came to visit we were having a snuggle and a cover of that erasure song a little respect came on and I started I stopped short at the I'm so In love with you part b/c tho i dont think he's going anywhere i dont wanna send him running for the hills and i wanna hear it before i say it
There is alot of culture shock tho I think I expected Ireland to be like Home Kindof like when i moved to florida and expected it to be like NJ. Everything is smaller
including the ppl and theres a HUGe amount of fried food consumed but they all stay so think it baffles me I havent had time to go back to my apartment to cook so all i have had today is a cup of tea with milk and sugar a scone with a pat (i had the prewrapped dealies) of butter and a package of 2 onion flavored crackers
I'm waiting till i start working to buy healthier stuff right now my pantry is tuna which tastes different and poss better than american tuna and pasta and rice things

anyway enuf of my novel
Jen you need a week just for you
Love
Kier
Old 09-17-2001, 02:01 PM   #14  

KO.... Is you BF from Ireland. I was going to ask you if you missed him, then you posted that he was there. How cool!

I know I need some ME time, but honestly, it is easier said than done, especially with kids. I am working on it. Hubby is doing his best. I asked if I could workout on Sat and he took Emma to the play room, so I had some time to sweat it out. Emma discovered a baby ball pit and loved it. We go on vacation the first week of Nov. without Emma, so I will learn what sleeping late means again!! Can't wait, it's what keeps me sane!
Old 09-17-2001, 02:01 PM   #15  

Hi! Ok, just got out of a very long staff meeting at my client where they announced that they are hiring a new Director of HR. I found out last week that they are ending the consulting contract with my company but they announced a re-org and the new people today. I am really not that disappointed. I have been here for a year and I do not really like the new management that much. Everyone else is very nice though. Oh well, time to move on. My boss should try to find me some more projects soon.

I had a nice weekend. Watched a movie at home with DH on Friday night. Sat, got up at 6am to be at a Junior League event early to set up. It as over at 12:30 so I stopped at the bookstore and got a very expensive diploma frame We didn't do much on Saturday afternoon, took a nice walk though. Then we went to Dinner Party (a group of 8 of us take turns hosting) and ate too much. I did bring dessert, a Caramel Apple Bread Pudding. I think I got the recipe from this site. Everyone really like it and it only has 3 points per serving Yesterday we went to church and then to the Maryland Renaissance Festival with friends. DH and I had a good time, not sure about the people we went with.

If you are not from the DC area, you may not know that National Airport is still closed and will remain so indefinitely. I was supposed to fly out this weekend to Louisiana to see familky and be my dad's date for a Cancer Benefit. Now I can't go I was really upset about it. At least my dad is coming up here next week anyway but I won't get to see my cousins until Christmas. This also affects our flight for Oct and Nov for my grandmothers's 90 bday and thanksgiving.

Tonya - Good luck starting over. You have a great attitude. I am sure you can get back in the WW mindset.

Janet - How exciting to start TTC. there are some good groups on yahoo about TTC and PG while on WW. Pregnant WW and Baby Dust Wishes are the 2 that I am on.

Stacey - Sorry you are busy when boss is away

Belle - Babysitting sounds like a great way to distract yourself from last week's evetns. glad you had fun with your neice

Jen - you are so busy! Good luck with the MAter Gardner program. I am sure that your DH will help you make time.

Trish - January 1st isn't really that far away. I bet it will be here faster than you think!

Kierie - Hope you are having a great time!!!

Ok, this was long, I apologize. TTYL

Sarah
Closed Thread