Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2001, 06:07 PM   #1  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Default Thin Group #62

Hello and welcome to the Thin Group! We are a great group of ladies who have one thing in common. We are working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight in 2001. There are all different ages and backgrounds here, and we all have different ways of losing weight. We love to have fun, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement, and motivation to one another. Please feel free to post with us. Just jump right in, and you will receive a warm welcome. The more, the merrier!

Please feel free to check our our website and learn more about us at "http://www.geocities.com/hotsprings/sauna/4797"

Love, CJ
Old 09-11-2001, 08:47 PM   #2  

Default I hope you and yours are all okay

Hi everyone

I'm not very good at US geography so I'm not sure if any of you will have been affected by the terrorist acts that occurred today. I hope you and your families are all okay. I know some of your kids/relatives are in the armed forces - this must be scary for you.

It's scary for us, and Australia ia a long way from the US (but we are a major ally of yours, and our Prime Minister is over there at the moment).

Hugs
Sam
Old 09-11-2001, 10:24 PM   #3  

We will never forget this day. My prayers are with all of you in the U.S. and hope that all of your family and friends are safe.

It has been such a shocking day for us. Our son-in-law was in New York this morning. He is a pilot with Air Canada. Very fortunately, they took off at around 8 am this morning, but they were instructed to put down at Minneapolis airport, so are there at the moment, but are safe.

It was pretty scary here, waiting to get word from his airline as to where his plane was. Our daughter is 6 months pregnant and was so upset this morning when the disaster happened. Ken is still on holidays, so we both went over and spent the better part of the day with her and Cambree. Later in the day, her husband finally was able to get through to let her know he was okay, but won't be home for awhile till it is safe for them to fly.

Ironically enough, Steve, our son-in-law, toured the Trade Center yesterday morning. Thank God it was not today.

I just wanted you all to know that I am here. Back from our holidays on the Oregon Coast. We got back late Sunday evening. We were going to stay a couple of extra days, but decided to come home Sunday. Another blessing. It is nearly impossible to get across the border at the moment. Even though we live only a couple of blocks from the U.S border, I guess we would have had to look at our house from the U.S side, for awhile anyways.

It looks very much like the safety and freedom we have taken for granted will now be a thing of the past.

My prayers to all of you and your families. I'll post soon. Love, G
Old 09-12-2001, 01:24 AM   #4  

Words cannot even begin to describe how I feel. This is truly a sad day for our country. My prayers go out to all those affected by today's tragedies. I know people who work in the WTC ... half of my company's board members' offices were in those towers ... we have two people who were on the way to those offices, they were running late and were a couple of blocks away and saw the second plane smash into the WTC. They ran towards the building to look for family, friends and colleagues and were surrounded a horrific scene. I can only imagine what they saw. God help us all.

Judy- I'm so sorry that your daughter is putting your family through such h*ll. My prayers go out to you, Cal and your family and can only hope that your daughter will get some help. Allura is a lucky little girl to have such wonderful grandparents and aunt and uncle. God bless you!

Will try to post tomorrow. Hopefully, tomorrow will be a better day.

Stay safe.

Sylvia

Last edited by aivlys; 09-12-2001 at 01:37 AM.
Old 09-12-2001, 08:04 AM   #5  

Hi Ladies:

This is a sad day for our country. How can this happen? Why did it happen? All those poor people. My God!!!!!! Watched TV most of the day yesterday at work and at home. It was unbelievable. We were so worried about my sister Cynthia. She lives in Viriginia and she is always flying somewhere and owns her own business, but does alot of business down in the Washington DC area. Well, yesterday, she was a few block away from the pentagon. She saw the plane come down on the pentagon and the terrible noise of the crash she will never forget. We finally got a hold of her and my sister was hysterical. Cynthia is always laid back and nothing seems to bother her. Washington, DC was in a panic. It took her a very long time to get home. Thank God, she is OK!!!!

I am cancelling my trip to Vegas this Friday. I REFUSE to get on a plane. No way.......

Judy........My heart goes out to you ((((JUDY)))). Hopes all goes well on Friday.

Be safe everyone!!!!

Love you all, Chrissy

Does anyone think it's easy
To be a creature of this world?
To ask for reasons
When all reasons serve only
To make the darkness darker,
And to break the heart?
--Not only of man,
But of all breathing things?
Perhaps, friends, it is time
To take a stand
Against all this senseless hurt.
Old 09-12-2001, 08:39 AM   #6  
Long Lost Chickie

Like all the rest of you, we've been glued to the TV's and radios here. Everything in Philadelphia was shut down yesterday with everyone wondering if something else in the area was going to be hit. Today, many places are still closed. I spent some time yesterday evening in the VFW and watched those people on TV singing God Bless America. Couldn't swallow past the lump in my throat. Today we've been getting faxes, phone calls and emails from all our company's foreign representatives and distributors. They're all asking what we're asking. How can this happen to AMERICA!?!?!

Chrissy, I thought of you and your trip to Las Vegas. Tell you what. Reschedule it for mid-October and maybe we really will meet up there.

Meanwhile, I guess the whole country will just have to wait and see what happens next. My brother works at an Air Force Base in Ohio. They were in lock-down yesterday and finally allowed to leave if they passed through the check-point and had their bags inspected, etc. Rich and I live near the air base down here and saw the only planes that were allowed to be in the air, the military jets, etc. taking off and landing. We'll be driving up through New Jersey again at the end of the month to go back to Boston. And when we pass the New York skyline and look over as we usually do .......

Love you guys.
Jo.
Old 09-12-2001, 09:53 PM   #7  

PLEASE PRAY FOR THE VICTIMS OF THIS TRAGEDY AND FOR OUR COUNTRY.AND FLY OUR FLAG HIGH EVERYDAY !!!!
Old 09-14-2001, 08:37 AM   #8  
Long Lost Chickie

Hey look! Jo's here! She's at work! Yes, that's a good thing. Because as you may recall, Jo was supposed to be on jury duty today!

I called yesterday afternoon as instructed and found that my group had been excused. Actually, ALL jurors were excused. I guess it's probably because of what happened on Tuesday which is of course a terrible thing but I can't help being glad I didn't have to go. Won't my boss be surprised when he comes in today and sees me here.

Anyway, today is Rich's birthday. He didn't want anyone to know but I got in to work first and spilled the beans. So now no one is going to leave him alone all day. I think he secretly likes it. And I'm glad I'll be home this evening to give him his presents.

Not much planned for the weekend. Have to weigh in tomorrow morning of course and I've been pretty good this week. I've even walked at least a mile and a half every night this week! Last night I did a bit of celebrating (beers) at the VFW and pretty much blew my good record but I'm hoping for a good weigh-in anyway. I've even been avoiding the scale at home all week.

Yesterday afternoon, a woman from Scumball's mortgage company called me and asked if I was coming to sign the papers last night. She's the really rude one so I not-so-politely explained that I'd already signed all the papers in my lawyer's office on Monday and they were all supposed to be done and I was waiting for them to file all the forms and for Scumball to sign the papers he was supposed to sign and they better not be keeping me waiting just because they can't seem to get their acts together, etc. What morons they must hire!! Meanwhile, all sorts of legal papers regarding the divorce are supposed to be in the mail to me as we speak. My lawyer said he'd call only if there was a problem and I haven't heard from him so I guess no news is good news. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Well, guess I'd better get to work. I guarantee boss man is going to try to keep me here late tonight just like every Friday. He loves to wait until the last minute with EVERYTHING! But I have to admit that I'm happy to be here (instead of at the courthouse)!!

Judy, I'll be thinking of you all day today! {{{JUDY}}}

Much love to you all!
Jo.
Old 09-14-2001, 12:47 PM   #9  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Hi guys,
It is sure hard to get into anything with all that happened in New York and Washington D.C isn't it? This is one of the most senseless tragedies think we have ever had. I keep going back to when my brother Rick was sensely murdered 2 years ago and wonder if it will ever stop. I feel so bad for those poor people, both the victims and the families and loved ones of all of them. We have just been watching lots and lots of news constantly hoping to see some good news once in a while in the form of somebody found alive and well. There have just been stories and stories both sad and happy, but mostly sad ones on TV. I tell you guys it just makes you feel so thankful for who we have in our lives and how lucky we are right now for everything we have. I am so proud to be an American right now that is for sure. I just can't believe the way we have come together at this time.

I am still trying to hang in there weightwise and keep on going toward where I want to be for for some reason my weight seems insignificant right now but I know that we are all doing what we can and I know there are so many people giving what they can give. Whether it be going there and helping in the search and rescue, giving blood, money or supplies so sorely needed right now. I plan to give what I can as well to help the effort.

I will come back and post again. Right now I just don't feel like it. Everyone be proud to be an American and keep the American spirit up.

Love ya, Sharon

Last edited by Sassy; 09-14-2001 at 01:42 PM.
Old 09-17-2001, 01:46 PM   #10  
Conquering with SBD

This has been such a somber and devastating week. My heart goes out to all those who are affected by the disaster last week.

For me, it meant a delay in travelling. However, DH has been able to push back his schedule one week and we will be leaving late tomorrow evening, arriving in Qatar on Thursday morning. Their work week is from Sunday to Thursday, so it means we have a few days holiday before work begins. We are hoping to touch base with colleagues from our college who work in the United Arab Emirates. They have planned a company get together when we visit.

Our delay also allowed enough time to receive the mark that I got in the Stats exam that I wrote at the end of August. Woohoo! Yeehaw!, etc. I got 88%. I was soooo stunned because I didn't think that I did very well. I kept taking the paper out and looking at the mark all weekend. Finally DH and kids hid the paper because they were so tired of looking at me admiring it. Oh well, I still have one assignment to complete before my final grade, but hopefully I will get a final mark of around 92 or 93%. Then on to the next classes...

It has been an encouraging week in the weight loss department also. Last week was depressing with a 3.75 pound gain. This week shows a 5.75 pound loss - and today starts that time of month. It is certainly encouraging when I will be away from a scale for the next 4 weeks. I have Slim Fast bars packed and my diet organized to stay OP for vacation time. Hopefully, the next four weeks will show a loss in weight and not a gain.

I'm also cracking out the exercise stuff. I thought I should finally start an exercise program while I am away. I found my power walking tape (Kathie Smith) last night and plan to use that over the next month. When I get home, I will begin some strength exercises and hopefully show some significant loss in weight as well as an increase cardiovascular conditioning. There's the plan...fullfilling it is another story, but we'll see.

Everyone take care. I will try to check in while away, but if not, I talk to you all on Oct. 15. Bye for now.
Old 09-17-2001, 07:33 PM   #11  
MK

Hi everyone! Haven't been here in a month. I was at work last Tuesday watching the tragic events unfold. I hope they get all of the people involved. A nd to think there are still some of those people here in the US is scary.

JUdy: I was catching up on the posts. Sorry to here about your daughter. Hope everything went all right at the hearing. My prayers are with you and your family.

I am sorry for not being around. I have got to get myself back in to a routine. I will try to come around more if that is okay?

Take care everyone. Mary Kay
Old 09-18-2001, 08:02 AM   #12  
Mother Hen

Default It's over

My Calvin just died this morning. His pain and suffering are all over.

Hugs, Judy
Old 09-18-2001, 08:05 AM   #13  
CJ

Default Checking in ....

Hi y'all. Thought I would at least check in although not in much of a talking mood. I have been so depressed all week from the terrible terrible attack on us! I didn't even want to venture into town for the first couple days ... I don't know, just got really parinoid, and just wanted to stay in our woods at the cabin here. But, I had to so I just did it ... I don't care if I ever go in a plane again ever! Always was a "nervous" flyer anyway - now you would probably have to sedate me first!

Crissy, sorry about your plans being cancelled for Vegas - but probably just as well for now. October is a much nicer time weather wise for Vegas anyway. That is when we used to go - always in October. If you do go, win lots!

Sweet Tooth: Have a good trip to Qatar and be safe! I got your stats, so will update this Friday. Way to go on the 5.75 lbs loss!

Well, things for our equip garage (hubbys playpen) are really going fast I think. He is building a 40 x 90 ft equip garage and so far we have all the walls up and his pit - and the first 3rd of the floor will be poured this Saturday. Dick has to put in the plumbing first for water and heat before any of the floor can be poured - and they are pouring 1/3 on Saturday, 1/3 on the followig Monday, and then the last 1/3 on Wednesday of next week. We were suppose to come home for a few days today actually, but we have to stay now, since we are working with a cement contractor, we have to get it done - time is $$$... We decided to do the garage first then the house, as we can use the garage to store all our furniture and stuff while the house is being built ... our cabin is nice but not big - no way would it hold everything! LOL

Well, got to go right now ... will check back again when I can. Be safe everyone - love you all!

Love, CJ
Old 09-18-2001, 08:18 AM   #14  
Long Lost Chickie

Judy, my heart and my prayers go out to you. I'm so sorry for your loss. Please know that I'm thinking of you.

Love you.
Jo.
Old 09-18-2001, 09:04 AM   #15  
CJ

Default We love you Judy!

Judy, I am so sorry. We must have been posting at same time this morning ... my post after yours must look like I was so callous! I'm glad I came back to check posts before shutting down. As always, you are in my prayers. My heart goes out to you with your loss of Cal. The blessing is of course that he is no longer suffering ... but your loss is insurmountable! Remember, we are here for you. We love you Judy.

Love, CJ
Closed Thread