Old 01-12-2006, 04:42 PM   #1  
on my way to HOT !!!

S/C/G: 260/260/150

Height: 5'3

Post The Diet Journey of 2006 ~ 3FC Style !!

Hi & to The Diet Journey of 2006 ~ 3FC Style !!!

My name is Elizabeth, I am 30 yrs old and live in N. Alabama. I have been an avid patron of the 3FC's website for several years, and a VERY new patron and LOVER of the Forums !! A little about me - I am married to J, have 2 stepgirls ages 6 & 4, and a Son who is 9MO. I work FT out of the home, and both my husband & I are on a mission to lose weight ! My mission is on The Diet Journey of 2006 ~ 3FC Style !!!

I have created this thread for anyone and everyone regardless of age, location, how little or how much weight you have to lose !

Here's a little about WHY I am on
The Diet Journey of 2006 ~ 3FC Style !!!

Well one of my BIGGEST resolutions was to lose weight in 2006. Plus my husband gave me a kick butt incentive !!

He told me that if I would lose 75% of my goal weight by November ~ We would go on a 7 day cruise of my choice!! How could I not be willing even more for that WOOHOO !!!

So here's some of what I am doing:

1. Giving up sugar (which I've already done, thank the lord for Splenda)

2. Giving up caffeine & only drinking one soda a day (if that)

3. Exercising at least 30 mins at day (work in progress)

4. Allowing myself only 1250-1300 calories a day ! (currently doing)

WHY do I want to do this ?

1. So I can be around to see my son, my step-daughters and future children grow up and have families.

2. To be more healthy !

3. To look and FEEL sexy

And of course there are a billion more I could put !!

So that's what I am doing. . . I am really TRYING hard and so far I've lost 11 lbs since January 1st!!

SO. . . that's why I am on
The Diet Journey of 2006 ~ 3FC Style !!!

I am here to challenge anyone to be a part of this thread !! I will be here to ~ ~ I will be here to ~ YOU ON!! ~ I will be here to say ~ I will be here to give you a BIG BIG !!

Come be a part of The Diet Journey of 2006 ~ 3FC Style !!!

Hope to see you ~
MommaAshley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 10:12 PM   #2  
on my way to HOT !!!

Well today has been a good day for working on my Journey of 2006 ~ 3FC Style!!!

I have really tried hard to limit my caloric intake and get some exercise !!

I was hoping that I would pop online and find someone had decided to join

Here's to tomorrow ~
Old 01-12-2006, 11:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 301/280/175

Hi Elizbeth,

I jsut restarted my weight loss journey this year. I think I am off to a good start. I really am trying to stay on track (for meit is hard when my husband is out of town, like his is now). I just remember how well I have done the last week and half and remind myself I can keep going.

I am doing this for myself, to be there for my son and husband.

Like you I have incentive, it's not a cruise, but we are thinking of taking y son to Disney. Plus I have at least 3 weddings to attend this year (and one will be with a lot of high school friends). Incentive is also looking better than I did in high school; though I was not this heavy I still was big (I think a 16 or 18 in high school, my weight was about 225).

Good luck and take care,

E
ejb180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 11:41 AM   #4  
on my way to HOT !!!

Talking

Hi E!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for replying and I am so glad to hear you are on your journey of weightloss. I would Love to hear more about how exactly you're doing it, and just what keeps you going !

Let's buddy up and take the journey together

Have a blessed day ~
Old 01-13-2006, 12:37 PM   #5  

Default Can I join too?

Hi there,

My name is Lisa, I'm 32 years old and I have about 50-60 pound to lose.

Can I join the group too? I really need the support and would love to make new friends.

Lisa
hellokittyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 12:45 PM   #6  
on my way to HOT !!!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellokittyfan
Hi there,

My name is Lisa, I'm 32 years old and I have about 50-60 pound to lose.

Can I join the group too? I really need the support and would love to make new friends.

Lisa
Hi Lisa & to The Diet Journey of 2006 ~ 3FC Style !!!

I am so excited to have you join in and be part of the fun !!

What exactly are you doing to lose weight ? Or what's worked for you ? I am not on anything like WW's, Sonoma, SouthBeach or anything. Just counting calories, carbs etc, and exercising and drinking a BOATload of water !!

Looking forward to getting to know you & sharing in the Journey !!

~ Elizabeth ~
Old 01-13-2006, 01:21 PM   #7  

Default Hi

Hi Elizabeth,

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I'm trying to cut down on what I eat, exercise, drink alot of water, cut down on soda and portions of what I eat.

I try to work out as much as I can during the week. I'm going to head to the gym now for lunch.

Talk to you later.

Lisa
Old 01-13-2006, 02:45 PM   #8  
on my way to HOT !!!

Talking

Hi again

Hope you had a good workout at the Gym. Do you have one where you work, or are you a member somewhere ?! I guess you could say part of my exercise is chasing after my 9 month old son, Sam. We're also renovating a house, and doing about 95% of the work ourselves so that's good exercise too !!

Sounds like you and I are both doing somewhat similar things.

Hope to hear more from you and about you

~ Elizabeth ~
Old 01-13-2006, 03:35 PM   #9  

Hi Elizabeth and Lisa!

Lisa might be somewhat familiar with my stats since we are both in another forum, but I will post them here too.

I am 26 years old and need to lose 40 lbs. or so.

One of my "last straw" moments was when I put on a dress to wear to my father's wedding and it didn't fit. Neither did the jeans I put on later that night.

The worst thing about my eating habits up until this point was the fact that I would wait too long in between meals, not pay attention to portion sizes, and eat until I was STUFFED.

The BF and I started the South Beach diet this past July and I lost 11 pounds in the first 2 weeks, but then it came right back and then some during phase 2.

Now I am doing things more like you ladies -- no sugar or white flour products, eating good carbs (whole grain/wheat, veggies, low GI fruits, etc.), watching portions, drinking lots of water, and exercising.

Elizabeth - your energy and excitement are refreshing! Keep it up, we need that!
DivaLaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 04:48 PM   #10  

Default Hey!

Hi diva and Elizabeth-

Diva - small world huh?? Welcome to this group too!

For my workouts I belong to a gym directly across the street from my job, so it's pretty cool. And very convenient to boot!

Next week I'm going to start Taebo tapes at home in the mornings, then the gym at lunch, I need to kickstart the weight loss process!!!

I've done well this week, 11 miles on Monday, 7.2 miles Tuesday, Thursday I did a 45 minute spinning class and today 7.5 miles. Good week!!!!

The challenge for me comes on the weekends, I tend to eat more at home than I do at work which is pretty bad considering how much I eat at work!! I just can't stop eating once I start dinner when I get home. I need to work on portion control big time.

Well ladies, have a good weekend!! I'll be online again Tuesday.

Lisa (love the carrot guy - always puts a smile on my face)
Old 01-13-2006, 04:52 PM   #11  

Default One more thing

I have to agree with Diva, Elizabeth - your attitude is very motivating and very much needed. Weight loss is such a difficult process (especially when your in your 30's like me!!!)

Diva - I also have to say I've had plenty of those "last straw" minutes. For me it was seeing pictures of me at a Christmas party and comparing them to last year's pictures. I had lost about 60 pounds or so from Dec. 2003-beginning of 2005. This summer, fall and winter, I packed that weight back on which makes me so sad because it took FOREVER to get that weight off in the first place. I was actually in a size 10 and happy. I became comfortable again with myself, my boyfriend and life and got way too comfortable with food yet again.

This year will be different. Most definitely.

Lisa
Old 01-13-2006, 05:30 PM   #12  

Hello!!! I would love to join your group! My name is Sarah. I'm married to J, and have 2 great kids. I'm 29, and have been completely unable to lose the weight from having my baby because I'm LAZY. I started going to WW, and let me tell you, when you track your points and stick to it, it's amazing!!! It works!!! But I got tired of writing everything I was doing and slacked off. So I need motivation in the eating right/eating well department.

I'm pretty good about exercising. I ordered the Transfirmer, and I'm starting with that full steam ahead next week. I also go to the gym 2-4 times a week and do cardio.

Have a great day!
marinemommyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 06:33 PM   #13  

Hi I'd like to join in also. I am 43, a single Mom (boy15) living in BC Canada
I have put together a graduated plan
1. No sugar (since Dec 28)
2.1 hour perday cardio (since Jan 1)
3.Eat in a healthy low fat, high fibre manner(Jan 1)
4.Weight training (Feb 1)
5.Start learn to run program (Apl 1 I do live in Canada have to wait 'til spring)

I am also trying to journal I know how much it is supposed to help for emotional eating but I am pretty spotty about it.
so far so good I have lost 13 lbs since Jan 1 so I am pretty happy about that, 60 to go.
Hope to get to know you all better on the Journey
Lori
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 07:09 PM   #14  
kmccann

Hi guys, I would also like to join the group. I am 36 (just had a b-day on Jan 6) and married. I have two children and I work a full time job outside the home. I have lost 59 pounds since Sept. 2004 and need to loose about that much more to reach my goal of 175. I have not been 175 since high school. I have been off the wagon for a few months through the holidays and decided the new year was a good time to get started again.
My weight lose so far has been watching what I eat and diet drinks or water. I have also been walking and trying to build up my stamina again. It's really hard and the older you get the harder. I wish there was a miracle cure for metabolism but until then I will stick to the food portions and vitamins.
kmccann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 11:10 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 301/280/175

Default Het Gang!

Hi Everyone.

It seems like I missed a lot since this morning. I can not get on at work (too busy!!!). I actually got ot go out to lnch today and I did so good!!! Went out with a girlfriend and got some sushi. Lots of different wraps, but I could not even eat "my share." I got full when there were three pieces of my half left and I would not eat them. I was surprised I was full for the day (she kept telling me I was going to get hungry). I then took my son and grandmother out to dinner. I will say there was some temptation, but quickly made the decision of grilled chicken, green beans, and a baked potato with ONE tablespoon of sour cream. I was pretty proud of myself. This is the first time I ate out a lot while counting calories and I am still way below my 1500 max. Actually right in the middle of range of 1200 - 1500.

Right now am hoping to get some exercise in this weekend. To get a bit further, but really at this point all I have done is count calories and stop eating when I am full.

Hope everyone else is having a good night - take care - Erin
ejb180 is offline   Reply With Quote