Old 01-12-2006, 03:15 PM   #1  

Default Meatloaf Recipe??

Hi my name is Jamie and I just started La Weight Loss on Sunday the 8...sio this is all new for me...but i was wondering if there was a way to make meatloaf on the plan ....that is what my husband wants for dinner..

Thanks JAMIE
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 03:22 PM   #2  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

Hi Jamie, and welcome.

This is a recipe that is in the LA cookbook and most of their recipes are for one serving so you would have to adjust

Meatloaf
1 P, 1 S

3 1/2 or 5 1/2 oz ground sirloin (accourding to plan)
2 melba toast, finaly crushed
1/4 c Herbox very low sodium beef broth
1 T dried onion
1/2 t low sodium Worestershire sauce
1/8 t Morton lite salt
1/8 t pepper
1/8 t sage
1/8 t garlic power
2 T ketchup

Mix all ingredients except ketchup. Form into loaf. Place in baking pan. Spoon ketchup on top of loaf and spread.

Bake at 350 unitl desired doneness

Others might have another one that they have made.

Good luck and if you make it let us know how it turns out.
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 03:26 PM   #3  
PurpleSunshine

Could you use the ground turkey as a sub for the meat and use the low-sodium catsup - not sure what else goes in it...
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 03:30 PM   #4  

you can probably also use the other crackers listed in the list of approved crackers.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 03:32 PM   #5  
My 3 grandkids & myself

I'm sure the turkey wouldn't make a difference if you prefer it over the hamburger as it still counts for a protein and I think you get a little bit more. And the low sodium ketchup would be good I was just typing what was in their book. I have only had ground turkey once in my life and I didn't care for it. Maybe I didn't add enough spices are some thing. I'm not that in to regular turkey at Thanksgiving.
Old 01-12-2006, 03:40 PM   #6  

Gamama~ I am not a turkey person either, but I do use ground turkey for seasoned meals. I can eat it in spaghetti sauce, tacos, sloppy joes and the like, but I can’t just eat a turkey burger often. (I can sometimes dress it up with onions, mushrooms, cheese etc to make it go down though) Try it with something that has a lot of seasoning to add and it isn’t that bad.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 03:58 PM   #7  
My 3 grandkids & myself

I'll have to try it sometime and let you know what I think of it. Thanks for the tips.
Old 01-12-2006, 04:24 PM   #8  
PurpleSunshine

Well, I think I'm in the minority on this - but I really like the turkey burger - just frying it in the pan with salt and pepper - it is good to me - it is like the outside bakes a little crispy and creates sort of a shell - I guess I'm just weird??? Now,the tex mex dinner last night was more bland b/c I didn't add enough spices...so I will have to do that next time
Old 01-12-2006, 05:09 PM   #9  

Default count this as what??

Well im going to use:

2lbs ground beef
1/4tsp of all the following garlic powder, sage, morton lite salt, dried onion flakes
2 eggs
12 wheat thins crushed
1tsp worshcitier (sp?) sauce
3 TBSP ketchup

im going to have 4oz...what will this count as??
Old 01-12-2006, 05:28 PM   #10  
Britt/LAWL~Red

what plan are you on??? cause i would think that you need to have the amount of oz that go along with your plan ......
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 05:33 PM   #11  
My 3 grandkids & myself

Also if you’re using ground beef, what percentage of fat is it as they tell us to use ground sirloin, since that is much lower in fat.
Old 01-12-2006, 06:56 PM   #12  

Default metloaf

Im just using regular ground beef...im not what percentage of fat it has since i seperate and put into freezer bags
well im on the red plan but for breakfast i had 2 eggs so thats not wuite 1 protein and for lunch i had a lean pocket so that is 1 protein and i get a total of 2 1/2 so i though 4 oz would be good amt

i hope im doing this right...im scared to fail on this plan i want to lose this weight sooo bad...

JAMIE
Old 01-12-2006, 07:52 PM   #13  
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Height: 5'1"

I’m chiming in a little late on this one, but the infamous new cookbook as a revised meatloaf recipe in it which I prefer. I have made both versions and the recipe from the original cookbook was too moist or mushy for me. So here is the other recipe:
1 lbs. Lean ground sirloin
½ c breadcrumbs (there is a recipe below from the cookbook for this)
1/4 c egg substitute
2 T dried onion
1 tsp. low-sodium Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp. Lite salt
1/4 tsp. Ground pepper
1 tsp. Garlic powder
3 T ketchup, divided
nonfat cooking spray

Mix together all ingredients, reserving 2 T of ketchup. Form into loaf. Coat loaf pan with cooking spray. Place loaf in pan. Spoon remaining ketchup on top and spread evenly. Bake at 350 degrees until desired doneness, or about 45 min. Internal temp should be 160 degrees. Makes 4 servings & counts as 1P & 1S. I baked my longer than 45min.

Breadcrumbs:
6 slices of lite bread
1/4 tsp. Lite salt
½ tsp. Onion powder
½ tsp. Garlic powder
1/4 tsp. Oregano
1/4 tsp. Basil

Toast the bread lightly to remove moisture. Allow toast to cool. Crumble toast into crumbs over large plate. Mix salt, onion powder, garlic powder, oregano and basil into crumb mixture. Adjust seasoning to taste. Serving size is 1/3 c, makes 6 servings & counts as 1S each. (The starch is already counted in the meatloaf so don’t count it a second time.)
dawn78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 08:15 AM   #14  
PurpleSunshine

Mom of 3 boys - How did it turn out - Did you make the meatloaf - loved the suggestions from everyone - ready to make one myself - I haven't been eating too much beef - actually only once since starting the plan - probably need to work more in