Old 01-11-2006, 04:21 PM   #1  
PurpleSunshine

Default Baked Fries question- ? spices to use

What all spices are good on them - How exactly do you slice them - kind of like potato wedges?

and one more - should you bake at 350 until crispy?

Thanks
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 04:36 PM   #2  
Katie

Height: 5'1

I measure out 4 oz of raw potato, slice them fairly thin, so I get more, and spray the pan and the potatoes lightly with Pam. After they are golden brown I pull them out of the oven, salt with Mortons, and squeeze lime over them. I know Deets said she used Adobo, and I don't know what else.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 04:47 PM   #3  

I put garlic, pepper and salt on mine before I stick in the oven and them stick in the oven to cook. Don't think I even pay attention to the temp, just toss a little to make sure they saty brown evenly.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 06:14 PM   #4  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

I use Adobo seasoning and pam...today I just used onion powder, Mortons Light and paprika, as they are cooking, not afterwards. I slice my potato in quarters lengthwise and make thin fries, although you can do wedges, or whatever you like. I broil for about 8 minutes. Hope this helps.
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 07:46 AM   #5  
PurpleSunshine

Well - Thanks for all the suggestions - they were appreciated. My fries didn't turn out too well - or what I should say is that they didn't get done before dinner. I didn't broil them - so maybe that is why - I tried to slice them as thin as possible. I think they would've been better if I would have diced or sliced like pot. chips - I don't know. Next time - I will just put them in the oven 20 mins before dinner. As far as the tex mex dinner - it turned out great.
I crubled the ground turkey with cumin, garlic powder, chili powder and some MLS. Then put the cheese on to make gooey. I put some lettuce with the green onions and cilantro and then made the dressing with the salsa and ff sour cream - it was wonderful. I think next time I will add some more spices - since this was my first time - didn't want to over power it....Thanks ladies for all the suggestions....
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 03:22 PM   #6  
Katy

I tried this..and I love it...and my husband loves it....which is suprising. Some turned at extra crispy and some were a little soft..but the Baked Potatoe Fries were really good....thanks for the idea!!
katysickler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 03:26 PM   #7  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Im going to try these tomorrow night with Turkey Burgers !!!!
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 03:27 PM   #8  
Katy

Have you tried Morning Star Burgers?? They are pretty good too....
Old 01-12-2006, 03:36 PM   #9  
Britt/LAWL~Red

I dont remember if i have or not .... but i will be using the Jenny-O turkey burgers (trying them for the first time).
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 03:39 PM   #10  
Katy

Sounds like a good dinner. I'm trying a Parmasean Chix receipe that I found on here.
Old 01-12-2006, 04:25 PM   #11  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Britt - I like the Jenny O Turkey burgers. They are well seasoned. Sounds like a good dinner. Let me know what you think of them.
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote