Old 01-10-2006, 05:18 PM   #1  
.::Princess::.

S/C/G: 308/288/150

Height: 5'8"

Default Why do we struggle?

I was thinking about this today... Why do we struggle with weight loss? We all KNOW how to lose weight and be healthy. It's SO simple but so not easy. We all know that we need to be active and eat less. There are no miracle diets or work outs that are magically better when it comes to long term weight loss. Who could stick to something that forever? It's a joke to think that we can never eat some of our favorite foods again in order to be thin. It's all about moderation. I think in the beginning it can be hard because it's our natural compulsion to want to eat a lot of something we like. But, really, who's stronger? You or the food? I hate to think that we're weaker than a cookie. We are intelligent human beings. A cookie is some sugar, flour and whatever mixed together. Yet things like that "beat" us everyday. I think a lot of us obsess so much about food and that's why we eat like crazy people. What would happen if you didn't eat that cookie or whatever? Would you die? Nooo. What would happen if you ate ONE cookie a day? Would you be fat forever? Nooo. And, if you eat the serving of something, you're not really depriving yourself. Besides, what normal person needs to eat 10 of something? Why do we all choose to eat in some nasty excess? I don't know about anyone else but I refuse to be beat by sweets and junk (why do we put something called "junk" in our mouths anyway?) We can do this everyone! We can be the fit women (and men) that we want to be. I am stronger than a cookie, are you?

P.S. It sucks and it's hard but focus on today. You can't change yesterday and you can't live tomorrow until tomorrow!
SnShn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 06:24 PM   #2  

Well said Sarah. Food to me is a comfort. It makes me feel good. For a little bit anyways. But it's not stronger than me. I must ask myself now everytime I put something in my mouth "Is it worth it?"
Jenniffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 07:14 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnShn13
I hate to think that we're weaker than a cookie.
LOL! Thanks -- that's a great image!!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 07:45 PM   #4  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

I agree, but there are so many other reasons why people eat to excess, it isn't always so simple.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 08:08 AM   #5  
One pound at a time...

Princess Sarah, good thread. *sigh* If only it could be that simple. Charlotte made a good point that there are always other factors that come in to play. I for one have lots of baggage to deal with and I am still learning new behaviours. I have a lifetime of bad choices and habits that I have to undo.
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote