Old 01-06-2006, 06:12 PM   #1  
for me, for them

S/C/G: 345/ticker

Height: 5'10"

Question Workout Clothes

Where do you buy your workout clothes? I always just wear a big t-shirt and some sweats but I've been finding that all that extra fabric gets in the way sometimes. I'd love to get some nice workout pants/shorts and some of those stay-dri/stay-cool workout t-shirts/tanks but I have no idea where to get them from in my size! Oh yeah, and if anyone knows of a website that sells "plus size" (I hate that term) workout clothes THAT ARE NOT ATROCIOUS, please let me know. Thanx!
ScarlettDrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 06:40 PM   #2  
playin' for keeps

Hi Shannon,

I've heard good things about junonia (they advertise on 3fc) - but haven't purchased anything from them. It seems kind of spendy, but doesn't look horrible (bonus! ).

I was able to find some plus sized workout wear from Target. The good news is that it's cheap and you can try before you buy. The bad news is that it's kind of hit and miss finding stuff there.

Hope that helps a little bit.

Good luck!

cheers!
paula
cagirlygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 07:07 PM   #3  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

junonia would be my recommendation as well. The clothes are stylish and well made. One word to the wise, however. If you are ordering from their catalog call first and make sure the clothing is in stock. I have been disappointed more than once when they didn't. Otherwise I had no problems with their service. I agree that it can be expensive. Is there a TJMaxx where you live? They carry up to 3x where I live and I buy all my workout clothes from them. They get some really cute stuff and all the name brands.
ledom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 07:53 PM   #4  
DollyR

S/C/G: GW - 145

Height: 5'6"

Lane Bryant carries Danskin workout clothes. They are very comfortable but look neat when you wear them.
DollyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 09:39 PM   #5  
for me, for them

Thanks for the suggestions! I'm going to look into them.
Old 01-06-2006, 10:39 PM   #6  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

I'm glad you asked the question Scarlett. I've been doing the same as you as wearing a big t-shirt and sweats. I've been wanted cool workout clothes too but had no clue where to get it.
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 11:07 PM   #7  
Yee Haw!

S/C/G: 278/220/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
"plus size" (I hate that term)
At a clothing store I used to work at, sometimes the cashiers needed a price check. They would ask the employee in the womens department for a price on for example: pants size 24 WIDE (24W). OMG I let them know many times that its WOMENS SIZES...NOT WIDE!!!!
Kamily828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 11:06 AM   #8  
Sick of Fat

S/C/G: 240/183/150

I hope you guys are wearing sports bras when you're working out in your big t-shirts!!!! You can cause injury to your breasts if you don't (believe me, I did it recently!)

I usually just workout in my sweats or capri sweats that I have and a shirt. I don't have a set workout uniform except the sports bra!
sabriena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 01:56 PM   #9  

I wear GAP work out trousers or capris (I struggle to keep them for working out as they are so comfortable and look smart and in fact i am wearing the pants now!!!) In the UK we call TJmaxx TKMaxx, they are brilliant for workout clothes. Is yours like a jumble sale too??? I find it really hit and miss, but it's exciting when you find just the thing. I got some great sweat-slicking t-shirts there.

In the UK Marks and Spencer go to a UK 22 (US18) but are fairly stretchy. And occasionally you can find plus size reebok and Nike but not very often! I found it a real struggle when i first started. We don't get the Dannskin here, they look great!!!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 02:50 PM   #10  
for me, for them

FYI: I went to Target today and found they had a lot of workout clothing on sale. I bought two workout "outfits" and a new sports bra for about $25 (not bad).
Old 01-10-2006, 04:32 PM   #11  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

I also love Junonia workout pants!! VERY comfy and wear well and last a long time. Haven't tried anything else from them. I need a couple more pair and am waiting for a discount code to come up before I spend $40+ a pair. I'm very picky about the length of me t-shirt arms, so usually go with 3/4 sleeve. I love Eddie Bauer (the carry women's sizes) cotton 3/4 sleeve tees and Modern Soul tees (from QVC) for my tops. I'll be so excited to make it back into the 14/16 size range for starters so I can shop normal shops!!
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 04:46 PM   #12  
Jennifer

Scarlett - I love Target workout clothes, too! I've bought much more expensive stuff, but the Target outfits I've gotten have been better and MUCH cheaper! I LOVE the ProSpirit pants. Very stretchy and hold their shape nicely, even after a workout.
teapotdynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 05:00 PM   #13  
Losing 1/2 of Myself

S/C/G: 324/195/170

Height: 5'9"

Ditto on Target!

Walmart carries the 'just my size' line and now they have Danskin but only up to a misses 18.

On occasion Lane Bryant Catalog will have some bike shorts or capris.
treefrogtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 05:01 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Since I workout at home, many times I just wear some just my size shorts (from wal-mart) and just my exercise bra (it's one I got of ebay and it works pretty well).
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 07:24 PM   #15  
for me, for them

I'm something of a woman obsessed. I have fallen for the ProSpirit line from Target. It's extremely comfortable! I looked at Junonia but that's too expensive (for me) to just be worn for workouts.