Old 01-10-2006, 01:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 249.4/210.0/140

Smile Another newbie

Hi! My name is Sara and I just started a weight loss plan with over 100 lbs to lose. I found this site a number of years ago when I tried WW and put it into my bookmarks. Didn't come back to it until about a week ago when I was looking for information. I LOVE what this site has evolved into! Of all the places I looked, this forum seems to be where I fit the best. Do you mind if I join everyone on this journey?

I joined a program called "Healthy Inspirations" and have been having great success. It seems to be a cross between the South Beach Diet, Sugar Busters and Curves. Has anyone tried this program? I have done a bunch of searching and can't find much information about it online. I am looking for first hand experience as well as recipes, tips, etc.

Sara
Scrappy Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 01:51 PM   #2  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Hi Sara!
Welcome! I have a dd named Sara You are a scrapbooker.. cool! And you live in WI .. cool (seems to be the land of fat people! )
I am going on a scrapbooking retreat in door co in less then 2 weeks!!!! Can't wait!!
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 02:04 PM   #3  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Sara!!

Great to have you here...I'm sure you will find this is the perfect place for you!!

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 02:06 PM   #4  

Thanks, Dana! I will be going through Green Bay this weekend on the way to the in-laws in Marinette. Too funny! Glad to see that there are other scrap book addicts out there like me. Where are you going in Door Co for a retreat? I keep my ear to the ground for as many retreats as possible and must have missed that one.

And I agree...Wisconsin seems have more than its share of heavy people. Cheese, beer and sausage are a lethal combination. Between that and my Dutch/German heritage I have a bunch of counts against me.

Sara
Old 01-10-2006, 02:14 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Welcome Sara I haven't really heard anything about that diet plan but it sounds interesting.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 02:25 PM   #6  

Welcome Sara, from one newbie to another....

I haven't heard of that program but just did a quick Google search and found a site that has followers saying both good and bad about it. I figure if you like it and it works for you, then stick to it.....

http://www.fabulousfoods.com/cgi-bin...wcarb&Post=285
DivaLaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 02:35 PM   #7  

DivaLaRed- I found that same thread when I did a search before I joined and I admit that at first it scared the crap out of me. Had me reaching for the phone to cancel the appointment and give up. But everything else I have tried has failed so I didn't. After EXTENSIVE google searches, that is the only place I have found a comment against the program so I chalked it up to a disgruntled person and signed on the dotted line.

Thanks for the Welcome from everyone! I am really going to like it here!
Old 01-10-2006, 03:16 PM   #8  

Hi Sara,
Glad you found your way back here...it's a great place to be!!!! I'm a fellow Wisconsinite too I'm not very crafty....so I don't do scrapbooking...but would love to try it someday. Anyways...welcome...your weight loss plan sounds interesting....good luck to you and hope to see you around lots.
Hugs,
Olivia
roundRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 04:21 PM   #9  
One pound at a time...

to the forum Sara! Post often so we can get to know you!
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 06:47 PM   #10  

Welcome-glad you found us. Congrats on your loss!
Jenniffer is offline   Reply With Quote