Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2001, 12:59 AM   #1  

Angry Feisty & sexy 50 & 60 yr olds #136

G'day all,

A beautiful spring day here in Melbourne.
I have been up since very early this morning, couldn't sleep for some reason.
DD and fiancee came for lunch today and now dd is asleep on the couch and fiancee is doing some work on his laptop. It is fiancee's birthday today so we had a bit of a special lunch, it was very nice. Sent a text message to dh to remind him to call dd's fiancee. Wonderful how this technology works, within 5 minutes the phone rang, dh (surprise, surprise)rang to wish him a happy birthday.

Ann the removal of the neuromas was no big deal, it is the 2 screws in my big toes that are bothering me a little. If the neuromas are causing your dh a lot of discomfort you can re-assure him it is relatively easy. Of course I had an excellent surgeon, maybe he should see MY surgeon and then you can have a little holiday at the same time

Watching the aftermath of the happenings of last Tuesday doesn't make it any easier to try and understand 'why'. It is so impressive and heartwarming to see the rest of the world supporting America at this time of sorrow and to see the American people themselves so united.

See ya tomorrow
Maria
Old 09-15-2001, 12:15 PM   #2  

Hi, Maria I am glad that you are healing. I think that I started to tell you Tuesday that my friend had screws put in her toes and she is doing fine. She is going to have the other foot done. Ann we went out with our candles last night and we were the only ones. I don't think too many people knew about it. I don't blame your friends for not traveling for awhile. Tis better to be safe. Maria when does your dh get home? Slavika are you over the stomach thing? That is not fun. Maybe you can have a Mylanta cocktail with Trudy. Karen, what are you up to? Everyone have a nice weekend,
Old 09-15-2001, 04:50 PM   #3  
Member Florida Chick

Smile United We stand!!

Hi Everyone: Good news, from my weigh-in. Down 2.4. Guess I know I just have to stick closely to the program without any little chocolate goodies.

Maria: YOur idea for a vacation sounded good to me, but my dh just laughed Lovely spring weather sounds good to me too, since we have had several days of rain. But we have needed it so badly that we can't complain. I thought this morning when I got up to the patter of rain drops again, that God must be crying at the evil choices some of his children have made.

Karen: Today our meeting discussion was about the positive aspects of the group and meetings. How aabout yours?

Slavika: A Mylanta coctail is helpful, but it will NEVER replace Luau punch.

Today I bought a whole lot of red white and blue ribbon to make into little lapel ribbons. Plan to share with all the ladies in our Bible study group. There were a lot of other people doing the same thing.

Hi to everyone else. Will talk to you tomorrow. Ann
Old 09-15-2001, 07:47 PM   #4  
Net browser

Default ...hello everybody

Ann congrats, on the great loss of 2.4#. Boy you sure did something right. Good for you!
I think I will hold off on the "Mylanta Cocktail".

Maria I have had to call DH at work and tell him to call our DIL to wish her Happy Birthday. Sometimes when we have her birthday dinner/party for her it's not on the actual day of birthday and so he forgets. He would likely forget mine too, but I remind him...often, very often, and I also leave a big note on the refrigerator.

I made a big double batch of sugar cookies for my grandchildren. DH has taken them over now. They are always so hungry when they get home from school. I found this particular recipe on the internet and it was quite nice. I made them a couple of days ago and passed a few on to them and they were a hit...and more were requested. I think my Son ate most of them.

Have a nice evening everybody. I'll talk to you tomorrow.
Old 09-15-2001, 09:18 PM   #5  

G'day all,

It is a glorious day here and I am sitting here with both french doors open to my balcony. It is a little noisy, traffic and in particular trams, but well worth it.

DH is a bit miserable, he hates being on his own and because of the current situation, very anxious to get home safe and sound. I spoke to him yesterday and told him that from now on wherever he goes for whatever time, we go together. In such an uncertain world and at this stage of our lives, I think it is silly not to.
Peggymy dh is leaving Bombay on Thursday, onto New Delhi, from there to Singapore and then Melbourne. He should arrive here Saturday morning.

Ann I am sorry your dh just laughed at my suggestion of seeing MY surgeon, doesn't he realise we only have his welfare at heart Well done with your loss, isn't it amazing how many times we need to tell our self that straying off the program does NOT work I have given myself yet another strong talking to and journaling everything that goes into my mouth. I know it works why do I become slack and think I know it all

Slavika yes I also remind all the family of my birthday. Would you believe some 8 years ago they all forgot . To put it in context, dh is March 16, dd March 25 and mine March 21. One would have thought that all birthdays so close together, it is unlikely to be forgotten. To make matters worse, dh rang at 2 in the afternoon (when he had just remembered) and pretended it was a little joke and he had not forgotten at all, that really made me mad
I am happy to say he has made up for it and I now take no chances for my birthday to be ever forgotten again

My dd commented yesterday how lucky I am having you guys to 'talk' to every day. She said there are so many weirdo's on the net that to be part of a group like this is quite unique.
I totally agree and I really do hope to meet all of you one day.

Enjoy the weekend
Cheers
Maria

Last edited by flaggies; 09-15-2001 at 09:23 PM.
Old 09-15-2001, 10:15 PM   #6  
Super Surfer

Default ..we are having another beautiful day here..

It was so nice today, too good to be inside. I returned a pair of "clogs"...just couldn't keep them on my feet my toes were all curled up inside when I walked. I thought they were so style-ish, but not for me . We were going to go out this evening, but instead I am having some Mylanta and taking it easy. **sigh** Slavika our friend Peggy thinks I should share some of the cocktail with you....are you interested?
Contratulations Ann on the 2.4 loss. That is really wonderful. It can take "some of us" 3 weeks to lose that much. With all the other headlines, the Hurricane kind of got pushed to the back pages. From what I read it looked quite scary. Did it come near you?
Maria.. I agree, with all the uncertainty right now, we want our spouses close by. The weeks are going by so fast, before you know it he will be home.
The excuse I got when my birthday was missed was because it is at the end of the holidays (Jan 2), no one feels like celebrating anymore. Well, one year I had this HUGE pout, and no one forgets it now.
I am going to borrow Slavika's support ribbon... I like the idea.

Have a great weekend all...
Old 09-15-2001, 10:35 PM   #7  
Member Florida Chick

Angry Gabrielle

Hi:
Trudy: We were fortunate. We just had rain, rain and more rain. But now flooding where we are. It was actually called a tropical storm, not hurricane force. We did have some limbs come down in some places, and lots of leaves blowing around. But that was it. Tampa was not so lucky. They had trees down, lost power, and had some areas that flooded. I guess it is feast or famine. we have needed the rain so badly. This will made a great difference in our drought level, I'm sure.

Are you taking any other prescription med. in addition to your Mylanta cocktail?

See you all tomorrow. Ann
Old 09-16-2001, 12:25 AM   #8  
Net browser

Default ...this really is a great group

Hi Everybody I was just going to get ready for bed and I thought I would take one little last peek here to see if anyone posted. Maria you are right, this is a great group. What truly amazes me is that we are more alike then different. It seems, if something happened to me it likely happened to some of you too. Like the birthday for example. I forgot to mention I also post a list of appropriate gifts my DH could buy for me, which I promise him I would love. LOL LOL I think Trudy saw that list on my refrigerator just before my last birthday. Ann
I am happy you only got the rain part of the storm. Mother Nature can be pretty harsh sometimes. Karen how are you doing? I guess you are kept busy with your WW meetings.
I just watched 2 hours of "Keeping Up Appearances". I just love "Hyacinth Bucket. Patricia Routledge is a fine actress and I enjoyed the shows once again. I think, actually, I probably know the dialogue to those shows as well as she does, I have seen them so often.
Good night once again.
Old 09-16-2001, 02:44 AM   #9  

I'm still hanging around . I spent most of this week in shock! Doing the WW meetings was what kept me going. On Tuesday I stopped a the supermarket to prepare for a controled bing. I bought carrots,cucumbers,strawberries,grape, apples,Smartones,and key lime pie yogurt .And I'm here to say that all worked well. I had to weigh in in front of my manager and was only 2 pounds over goal. Tomorrow I begin to walk again. i'm even planning to make the trip to ST Cloud at least twice a month for a WW meeting as a member.

Ann you asked what we talked about in the meeting this week. As luck would have it our topic was group support. What are the odds for that to have happen in a week when we all needed to come together and support each other. Just look at how our county has pulled together for a commom cause. It's wonderful to see. \

Peggy, I did look at your sister site very interesting. She does some wonderful thing. And I also checked out the last site you posted. Thanks.

Maria, Glad to hear that you are doing so well. also that you are able to stay in such close touch with your DH. I agree that you should travel together from here on out.

Trudy, the trick to wearing clogs is practice, practice. I love them and wear them winr and summer.

Slavika Sugar cookies are a favorite of mine. Not sure if Grandchildre like them but that would be a nice excuse to make them.

Speaking of Grand children . Two of mine think I'm the greatest grandma in the world. I found a Scoobie-do lunch box for one and a Barbie for the other. Had to to go to several different places and do a lot of digging. Most everything had been picked over by the time I knew that is what they wanted.

Ann my sister-in-law lives in Jacksonville she just told us that you guys have gotten all the rain you ordinarily get all year. and it all fell this month.

Glenda , Hello I don't remember if you posted on the other thread or not . But just wanted to say hello

Well it is way past my bedtime so I am off to bed.

Old 09-16-2001, 09:12 AM   #10  

Hi y'all,

Remember me? Haven't been around in a long time. Still think about y'all. Just read this thread and missed a few of the "regulars". Do Lily, Margot, Josie, and Dee still check in occasionally? Just wanted to say hi.
Old 09-16-2001, 03:05 PM   #11  
Net browser

Default ...hello everybody

Geri hi, it was nice to "see" you here. I wish you would have said more. How have you been, and what have been up to? Lily still posts with us on a regular basis but right now she is away on holidays with her DH, and we all really miss her. Trudy and I usually see Dee at tea time on Tuesdays and she is doing not too badly. Margot pops in every once in awhile but we haven't heard from Josie in a very long time. Karen nice hearing from you today. Good for you for hanging in there with your weight. You were probably as excited as your grandchildren when you found things you knew they would like.
At church, during the service, we shake hands with everyone who sits near us and we wish them "peace", by simply saying "peace be with you". Let me tell you, there were a lot of tears today when we extended our hands.
Oh, my house smells so nice. I have an "apple crisp" baking in the oven, and you are all invited to come to tea, in about an hour. The "Princess" called her Papa to go for a bike ride with her. She said her brother was out with a friend and her Mom and Dad were too busy to play with her. The Papa went.
Have a nice day everybody. I'll stop by later.
Old 09-16-2001, 06:12 PM   #12  

Slavika now I want apple crisp. That would be a perfect thing for a crisp day like today. Sugar cookies sound good too. We do the sign of peace in church too. I think it is a nice thing to do. Geri come back and tell us what is new with you. We miss you. Karen you are the smart one to stock up on good things for stress eating. How far is St. Cloud from you? Do you wear heavy socks with your clogs in the winter? I am with Trudy. I had a couple of pair and they hurt my feet. I have a BIG w i d e foot. I will have to try on a pair again. Ann are you keeping dry? You wanted rain but not a tropical storm. How far are you from those air training schools? Trudy get better. It doesn't sound like you aren't having a fun time. Maria I don't blame you - go with your dh when he travels. It is funny - I thought of you when we were walking the dog the other night. There was a Lucent van in a driveway. I had a little diamond replaced in a ring. My dh surprised me and picked it up from the jeweler which was fine 'cause then he payed for it. When I took it in I jokingly told them that if he ever asked that I wanted a pair of big diamond earrings. They pointed out a nice pair for thousands of dollars. I don't think I will get them. I will have to keep the ones that practically go thru the holes in my ears. And that is fine since I very seldom wear earrings. I loose them. I have rattled on long enough. Keep the peace,
Old 09-16-2001, 08:42 PM   #13  

G'day all,

Lovely to read everyone's posts.

slavika I don't want to be difficult but I do need a little more notice than 1 hour to come to tea I have asked DH to bring back some of the beautiful sari silks. He is a little confused and keeps on asking how many metres! In his last email he talks of having bought sari fabrics, a cashmere shawl and a silk carpet I have to say that his taste is sometimes not quite like mine, hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised, there is a first time for everything. I did tell him not to buy 'rubbish' and if he comes home with nothing, I will still talk to him

Trudy sorry you are having a bit of bad time with your digestion problems. Something like that just makes you feel miserable all over, when not even a nice meal will make you feel better. A Mylanta coctail is not quite the same

Peggy I will go and have a look at your sister page today, I love all crafts so I am sure I will enjoy having a look, will let you know.

Ann If it hadn't been for you mentioning about the tropical storm you have experienced, I would have missed a very small article in the newspaper today regarding Gabrielle. Hope all is well and I am pleased the storm was not as severe as first expected.

Karen you do set a very good example (that is probably why you are an excellent WW leader) that really is planning for a binge, good for you. Where is st Cloud and what is special about it?

It is yet another beautiful day here, quite warm. This week cannot go quick enough, Thursday off with the bandages and Saturday dh is home

Have a great day all
Cheers
Maria
Old 09-16-2001, 08:57 PM   #14  
Net browser

Default ...Ahhh sorry Maria

Hi Maria I really am sorry, I should have given you at least a extra 1/2 hour. After all you do have much farther to come and with your "boo boo" feet. Sorry that was very inconsiderate of me. LOL LOL
Oh Lordy, if someone not in our group is reading this, they will really think I've lost it.
Take care of yourself, both Thursday and Saturday will be here before you know it.
Old 09-16-2001, 09:39 PM   #15  
Member Florida Chick

Talking Think Positive!

Hi: Fall days. Apple Crisp sounds wonderful. We will just have to have an imaginary 'tea time until we all get together.

We were very fortunate here with Gabrielle. We had lots of rain, but no severe damage. They did have some problems around the Tampa area. But now we have ground water, and that is the first time in almost two years. So I think maybe the drought is broken

Those pilot training schools are around 60/70 miles from here. There is a flight school in Winter Haven, but they train mostly American and British students.

We had a great message in church today. Our Pastor said to focus on the positve. To remember that God is in control and that He is a God of Justice, to pray with all our might for Him to send the information that is needed for all our forces to easily dig out and destroy all the pockets of terrorists. Then he said,"Those hijackers didn't know what they were doing when they chose the airlines to use -American/United."

Talk to you tomorrow. Ann
Closed Thread