Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-10-2006, 01:18 AM   #1  

Default Frustrated with myself

I did so good today... I hit 1500 calories (which is within my goal range) and I hit my water goal for the first day!

Then at 11pm, I decided I wanted some chex mix... so what did I do? Ate half the darn bag!!

GrRr!

I know this doesn't set me back too far, I've been doing so good, and tomorrow I will let my family know that we need to be DONE having things like chex mix in the house!
Less_of_Me_to_Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 02:12 AM   #2  
Paleo-ish Girl

S/C/G: 255.5/174/160

Height: 5'6"

Ugh, ditto on the sudden cravings. I'm absolutely starving, but afraid to open the fridge. I mean, it's quarter after 1 and I'm doing housework, I don't have time to make food and there's nothing quick and tasty...

You're right, though. You'll do better tomorrow. Just remember what you felt like and learn from it. The next time you see a bag of chex mix just ask yourself if it's worth getting so angry at yourself.
Altari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 09:38 AM   #3  
LLV

Oh my gosh, I've done that too. I'll say to myself you had a perfect day and now you've gone and blown it!

But, the best thing to do is just move on and do better the next. No sense beating yourself up over something that's already done.
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 12:10 PM   #4  
SuperFreak

S/C/G: 330/319/150

Height: 5"5

Yes it seems a lot of people are having troubles later in their days.
Try to figure out what time you get up what time you go to bed and eat something every three hours breakfast 3 hours snack 3 hours lunch and so on...
We have to teach our minds and our stomachs. The mind in the sense that you have a certain time to eat and not eat. The stomach in the sense that you only need to eat for nourishment and that until you have that starving feeling like you need to eat now that its not time to eat.
So many of us eat out of boredom or to eat with someone else when its not our time to eat. Try to schedule your time to what works for you and what ever you do make sure you are not eating two hours before you go to bed.
MorticiaAddams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 12:23 PM   #5  

I have been following the every 3 hours rule, and I've been trying to make healthy choices (Fruits and veggies rather than junk) I just need to somehow train myself not to give in to that stupid urge to binge.
Old 01-10-2006, 12:30 PM   #6  

I do things like that alot. Night time is my enemy, I get the midnight munchies like a fiend! I usually do a bowl of cereal...

It's ok though, you had an awesome day otherwise, meeting your goals is huge! Just be happy with the idea that you *know* you can do it and when the urge strikes again for some chex mix, portion it out! And you'll be good to go.

No disappointment!!
autumnah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 01:10 PM   #7  

This kind of eating is emotional eating - pure and simple. You may not feel bad in any way, maybe just bored, but if you dig deeper you'll learn that these urges to eat are really your mind/body's way of telling you there is something you need to address. It could be the build up of stress from your day, lonliness, a need to release yourself from deprivation all day, saddness over your dissatisfaction with your body. The key is to really be conscious and aware of what's going on when you feel these night time snacking urges, so you can begin to train yourself not to use food inappropriately.
Hibiscus8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 04:06 PM   #8  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibiscus8
This kind of eating is emotional eating - pure and simple. You may not feel bad in any way, maybe just bored, but if you dig deeper you'll learn that these urges to eat are really your mind/body's way of telling you there is something you need to address. It could be the build up of stress from your day, lonliness, a need to release yourself from deprivation all day, saddness over your dissatisfaction with your body. The key is to really be conscious and aware of what's going on when you feel these night time snacking urges, so you can begin to train yourself not to use food inappropriately.
Well I don't know about that. I eat because I'm hungry, lol.

The reason I "plan" for my late-night eating (making the calorie room, planning ahead what I'm going to have) is because it's easier for me to control WHAT I eat that way. If I don't plan for something and try and fool myself into believing I'm going to go to bed that night without eating anything beforehand (which never works) then I give in and end up in the kitchen anyway raiding the fridge for stuff I probably shouldn't have. I just can't lay there at night and sleep well with my stomach rumbling. I can't sleep when I'm hungry. So I plan ahead for a late-night munchie. And usually I eat things like salads and/or vegetables rather than crackers or chips or junk like that.

I always make my late-night 'snack' a healthy one.
Old 01-10-2006, 07:16 PM   #9  

Thank you everyone!!

I'm going to stock up on some fruits and veggies and other low cal snacks and be prepared for tonights attack!!
Old 01-10-2006, 07:16 PM   #10  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less_of_Me_to_Love
Thank you everyone!!

I'm going to stock up on some fruits and veggies and other low cal snacks and be prepared for tonights attack!!
Good job