Old 01-09-2006, 12:35 PM   #1  

Default LAWL is not working for me :(

I started at 158 on November 7. It is now January 9 and I am 149. I keep going up and down. My lowest was 145 and that was like 2 weeks ago. This is all very depressing. I am on Gold and doing the Lites. I don't think I will make it to my goal of 117 by March 31. I feel like I am completely wasting my money. I am following the program to a T and the counselors are no help. Can someone cheer me up?
loseitlaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 12:48 PM   #2  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Laura - LAWL guarantees that they will continue working with you at no extra cost if you are following the plan as written and you don't lose the weight. You are not throwing your money away. At this point, your center should be willing to call the nutritionist for you. Express your concerns to them.
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 12:55 PM   #3  
Ripp

Hi Loseitlaura:

If you are exercising more than 5 hours a week, you may not be getting enough calories in. They switched me from gold to purple last week and my weight has started to drop again. Mainly it's just a bit more protien and one extra veggie. If you don't get enough calories in, your body tends to hold on to the fat cells for survival.

Keep the faith! Any loss is better than a gain!
Ripp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 01:00 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 182/162.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Laura,

I have experienced the same thing. They are now emailing the nutritionist to find out what the deal is. They suggested that I have my thyroid tested, which is hilarious. I don't have thyroid problems. I have already been checked for that!

I don't want to discourage you, because I believe that the program does work. I did lose weight on LAWL in 2001 without a problem, but this time around it's been a bear. I have decided that I will not purchase anymore weeks once my time is up. The center has not been of any help to me at all.

Stay on top of them and if you don't get the answers you want, call the 800 number for yourself. Just like the other ladies have suggested.
2bfit06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 01:00 PM   #5  
2BorNot2B...its up 2 me

ripp - has a good point. You may need more food to lose if you are very active. They might not have taken into consideration the amount of excercise you do, or if you have upped it recently without telling them they may need to add more food in! Don't get discouraged!
mrsbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 01:05 PM   #6  

2be fit, you should not have to purchase more weeks if you are following plan. the COD"s have to keep working with you until you loose if you are following plan. That is the gaurantee part.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 01:25 PM   #7  

Default Not much exercise

I don't exercise much. Maybe that is my problem. I work hard every day at my job but I go home and am very tired. Perhaps I should join a gym...which is more money. It is so cold outside, I have no motivation. I bought a "Gazelle" by Tony LIttle but it kills my calfs so I can't use it.
Old 01-09-2006, 01:45 PM   #8  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

What is your height? Is your goal very low for your height? Have you been that weight before? Just curious...

As to the program, everyone here has great input- I totally agree. Also, I didnt meet my original goal until 4 weeks after they had projected initially and as a result, I continued on the program at their expense until I did (and lucky me, have been hovering around it for the last three,four weeks!). Then I changed my goal to 124, but am still having trouble. I was on Green and have been brought back to Gold with Lites. I called the 1-800 number on the products and actually got to speak to a nutritionist last Friday, she recommeded a lot of the things these great ladies have and one thing more, to switch up using the bar Lites with the shakes each day. Its still rather slow for me, but as for you as well, better slow than not at all Hang in there!!! I joined LAWL coming off a NINE MONTH plateau at Weight Watchers, so I know slow loss can be very frustrating!
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 02:15 PM   #9  

I am 5'3". The lowest I ever weighed was 130 and that was from Xenedrin (with Ephedrine) which I took several years ago. I want to do it the right way this time. (No diet pills!) I want to be netweem 115-120 because even at 130 I still felt "fat". I don't know. This is so much harder than I thought. I am on the verge of tears (or I actually cry) every time I leave the center and I shouldn't feel that way. Deetsmom you look amazing! How long did it take you to go from the 163 to 134?

Last edited by loseitlaura; 01-09-2006 at 02:22 PM.
Old 01-09-2006, 02:24 PM   #10  

what does a typical menu look like for you?

like soemone else said, maybe you are too perfect on plan.
Old 01-09-2006, 02:36 PM   #11  

Breakfast - 1 piece of light bread w/ butter, 4 oz. orange juice
Snack - LA Lite, yogurt
Lunch - Egg Beaters, banana
Snack - LA Lite
Dinner - chicken breast, small salad w/ FF ranch dressing,
Snack - 6 Lowfat Saltines
Old 01-09-2006, 02:39 PM   #12  
2BorNot2B...its up 2 me

laura it doesn't look like you are getting all your veggies in for one thing...
mrsbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 02:48 PM   #13  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by loseitlaura
I am 5'3". The lowest I ever weighed was 130 and that was from Xenedrin (with Ephedrine) which I took several years ago. I want to do it the right way this time. (No diet pills!) I want to be netweem 115-120 because even at 130 I still felt "fat". I don't know. This is so much harder than I thought. I am on the verge of tears (or I actually cry) every time I leave the center and I shouldn't feel that way. Deetsmom you look amazing! How long did it take you to go from the 163 to 134?

I joined the last week of August and have another 10 weeks paid for, not sure where I will get in that time. Will they let you go that low at your height? They told me the lowest I can go is 124 and I am 5'4.
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 02:51 PM   #14  

do you always stick to the lighter starches...try some heavier ones and see if that helps
Also try not to have starches to late at night.
I would say try a heavy breakfast (P and S at least and get a lighter dinner in maybe just the salad)

When we eat the same things over and over our bodies start to get use to it and to get the WL going again we need to "surprise" our bodies.

have beef and rice for breakfast one day (maybe a later Saturday breakfast if that is too much for you at 6 in the morning)

Also try to vary your calories (meaning some light days, soem heavy days)
Old 01-09-2006, 03:07 PM   #15  

They didn't say anything when I said I want to be around 115. So I assumed it was OK. They don't really seem to care about me one way or the other. It was long as long as they got their money from me, that's all they cared about.