Old 01-07-2006, 07:43 AM   #1  

Default Time For Serious Fun #121

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today
Old 01-07-2006, 07:54 AM   #2  

Good Saturday morning girls! Hope yours is starting out a good one.

Julie
Amanda
Carri

Julie: At least we don't have to pay for the WHOLE furnace. You are right though, I tend to clean up as they move! I am already obsessing about how much dirt they are gonna drag in and mess up the place! Jack just shakes his head! The food thing will drop into place with you soon, I am sure.

Amanda: You go girl! I am so very proud of you to stick with it and begin to actually enjoy it! That is just great!

I only have two more days to pull anymore work out of my poor hubby, but the fact is, we are almost done. We didn't get to the Goodwill for our last drop off yesterday and will do that today, he is going to finish the patching on the ceiling that has to be done and we are going to get the stuff that he has to take out to the plant to dump into the trunk and rearrange the garage so that I can buy a shelf to put the stuff on so I can get to it easier.

Keep your fingers crossed for us! Jack is going to buy a couple Powerball tickets with our Chinese fortune cookie numbers. Hope we will win something anyway. Even the money to pay off the condo would be nice or enough to buy a second car or to do all the floors in the house. I am not greedy, don't have to be the millionaire, a thousandaire would be ok!

You gals have a great day and weekend.

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 09:01 AM   #3  

Good morning gals. Just a quick peek in to see if anyone has been here. Well, we aren't rich from the powerball so I guess my fortune lies somewhere else!

Hope you all are having a great weekend. I will talk to you tomorrow.

Faye
Old 01-08-2006, 09:30 AM   #4  

Bummer Faye! I just knew you were gonna take us all on a cruise when you won...

Oh well.
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 04:26 PM   #5  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hello,

I got 4 points on Friday and 3 points yesterday. I warn you now, I've just had a pizza - but I had a smaller size this time which must help right???

Sorry you didn't win the lottery Faye - better luck next time!

Nothing to report here - it's been a very quiet weekend.

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 08:17 AM   #6  

Just one point for me for yesterday. Hubby and I are doing a pilates/yoga thing. I honestly was rolling my eyes and thinking that it was going to be a waste of time or something, but Oh My Goodness! It was great! We were both thinking that the lady on tv was trying to kill us!

Can't wait for hubby to get home tonight so we can do it again. LOL

-Lee Ann
(no cruise? Oh man!!! How about just a bowling trip? hee hee)
SuGyong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 08:45 AM   #7  

[B]MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our mission this week is exercise. Let's work hard and get at least 4 days in this week girls![/

Amanda:
Lee:

Morning gals! I kept my behind in bed until 7 but my old hip started hurting so decided I better get up and get the day started.

Boy, I COULD see me winning and buying tickets for all of us to go visit Amanda! Wouldn't THAT be cool????? The next time I buy them you are going to have to try to wish a little harder!

First day back to work for Jack. After all that work I did on the garage, I now have to go out into the deck and pick up a bazillion of those styrofoam peanuts. I had them in two boxes and it got really windy yesterday and blew them all over the place. It is always something I guess.

Well, my cleaning for today is calling so I better get to it. Hope you all have a great day!

Lee: Good luck with the pilates. My grandson called me last night and told me all about what he got from Santa for Christmas and that his mom got, a yoga mat, a yoga ball, a yoga band, a yoga tape and he was excited to try them out!

Amanda: Good work this weekend!

Faye
Old 01-09-2006, 10:07 AM   #8  
It is what it is...

Morning All ... well I am very proud to report that I was able to stay totally OP for the whole weekend, plus I weighed myself this morning and I was down 6 pounds from last Monday, so I am very excited at this point, but still know I have quite a ways to go to get back to where I was before Thanksgiving but I am on the right track.

Did you all have a good weekend?

Faye - I hear ya, I always get my hopes up with the lottery as well, my dh is very lucky with the tickets but not me ...

LeeAnn - I have never tried yoga or pilates but I hear it is quite a work out.

Amanda - I soooooooooooo wanted pizza this weekend but I didn't give in, which is so unlike me lately ... at least your's was a small ... I know you can have more will power this week.

Hi to Julie and Susan ... talk to you all later !!!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 10:54 AM   #9  

Good morning. Yesterday was weigh in day - down 3.5 pounds to 162. I'm on the right track. Need to make better choices, but at least limiting what I choose. My husband is doing better and will be home probably this week with the health care workers coming in daily. They are going to build him up and then do the surgery since it is the only hope he has to have any quality of life.

Amanda, a small pizza is a good step in the right direction. We all need a slice from time to time. I like the South Beach frozen personal pizzas - whole wheat crust and 14 grams of fiber and very tasty.

Well, got to get my work done so I can get over to the hospital. Tomorrow is my husband's birthday.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 07:37 AM   #10  

*shamefaced* Well, I haven't been OP for a while and it's showing today. I'm back up to 160.

On the other hand, life has lightened up dramatically over the last week, so going back OP won't be hard!

Faye- Sounds like all those yoga gifts were not for his mom after all! LOL!

Susan- (doing my best Homer Simpson impression) mmm... pizza...

Smiles!
-Lee Ann
SuGyong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 08:44 AM   #11  

TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and our target this week is our posture. We rarely think about it, but it can make it difficult to walk, sit, stand, whatever if we have bad posture and most almost all of us do. Take time to do some stand up tall exercises, walk with a book on your head, and try and improve something that is vital to good health this week.

CONGRATS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAD LOSSES THIS LAST WEEK:

SUSAN
CARRI
AMANDA??? (I can't remember from other thread)

You guys are doing great. Keep up the good work.

I have to run. I have to get the living room carpet shampooed this morning along with mopping floors.

Have a good day girls

Faye
Old 01-10-2006, 04:07 PM   #12  
It is what it is...

Bump

Afternoon Girls - I am just about ready to leave work to brave the grocery store, I know some people like it but I just hate it. I am out of my low carb bagels and need to get some more, dh has been eating them so they have been going quicker.

Had another 3 pointer yesterday, was going to go work out tonight after work but then I ended up grabbing all my workout clothes but leaving my tennis shoes at home, cant very well work out in my work heels.

Faye - Thanks for the congrats on the weight loss, it is about time I got the scale to start working its way down instead of up ... how is your program going? Or have you started it yet?

Hi Julie, Susan, Amanda, and Leann - Hope you all have a great evening. Talk to you all later.
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 04:44 PM   #13  

Hi, ladies. Doing good today thus far. Got my husband home from the hospital yesterday. Going to try to build him up and reevaluate him in 30 days for the surgery. Today is his birthday - 63, not very old to have a life-threatening illness.

Got 2 points yesterday - 4 points going so far today. I feel so much better when I eat right.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 06:29 PM   #14  

Hi everyone,
Just a very quick note cuz I've been in bed with the flu all day (literally, I think Ive only gotten up once in the past 48 hours!) At least my overeating has come to a screeching halt!

Just wanted to say congrats to all the losers last week....AWESOME JOB!!

TTFN
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 06:41 AM   #15  

WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's woes so gripe, gripe, gripe!

Carri
Susan

Julie: Hope you are feeling better sweety! The flu is always so awful no matter which kind you have. You just rest!

Carri: Better double up on the bagels! You are doing a great job!

Susan: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR HUBBY!
Hope he gets himself all strengthened up so he can have surgery and get better.

I am not doing anything until Monday as Jack and I have people in and out and I have junk in the house I feel I can't get rid of until they are gone.

You gals have a great day today

Faye