Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 06:57 PM   #1  

Default Infomercial: Work or Junk?

I want to lose weight by life changing steps and that includes exercise. Well I see the infomercials like Billy Blank's bootcamp and Katami Bar...Do these work or are they for professionals who are already skinny or are they junk?!?!
Old 01-08-2006, 07:04 PM   #2  

I have a Billy Blanks video that I really like. It's a very simple 30 minute work out... when I find it i'll post the name. It's a tough workout with a series of 30 1 minute exercises!
Old 01-08-2006, 07:17 PM   #3  

Great Thanks Susie!
Old 01-08-2006, 07:24 PM   #4  
Mommy to two beast-ettes

i got the billy's bootcamp one, though not through infomercial. got it at target for around $35 i think. i like it a lot. it's a hard workout that about floors me when i'm done. but i've noticed a difference already after only 4 workouts. nothing significant, but it's all about baby steps for me right now. my arms and legs are a bit less flabby and my pants have started to get a little baggy. it's enough motivation to keep me doing the workout.
Old 01-08-2006, 07:56 PM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

My DH and I did Billy Blanks several years ago. The workouts were GREAT, and we both lost weight and "got fit". We had a one hour, a 20 minute, and an 8 minute workout.
We're thinking of trying them again... thanks for the reminder, and good luck!
Old 01-08-2006, 08:26 PM   #6  

Thanks guys, it sounds great, I think I'm going to have to get it!
Old 01-08-2006, 08:53 PM   #7  
Mommy to two beast-ettes

good luck! let us know
Old 01-09-2006, 10:46 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 197/159/140

Height: 5' 4"

I love Billy! His workouts kill me when I first start them. But within about 2 wks, I am able to do more.

I think with a lot of these products -- especially workouts -- you have to DO them in order for them to work. And the secret to doing them, is finding something that really 'clicks' with you -- something that you enjoy doing enough to get up off the couch and do it...KWIM? (know what I mean?)
Old 01-09-2006, 10:53 AM   #9  
prepare for the BEST time

If anyone is interested Billy's bootcamp dvds are selling at BedBathBeyond on a single basis (about $15.00 each and you can use your coupons, so they cost $10.00). I saw them around Thanksgiving.
Old 01-09-2006, 12:22 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalChick
... I think with a lot of these products -- especially workouts -- you have to DO them in order for them to work. And the secret to doing them, is finding something that really 'clicks' with you -- something that you enjoy doing enough to get up off the couch and do it...KWIM? (know what I mean?)
Exactly - like diets, the right evercise is going to be different for us all. Try around and find acouple that "click" with you, meaning you will do them on a regular basis. Don't buy until you try - check them out of the library or Netflicks first
Old 01-09-2006, 01:05 PM   #11  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

I have Billy's Bootcamp and I am definitely noticing a difference. I would recommend it to anyone.
Old 01-09-2006, 07:36 PM   #12  

Thanks everybody!! I never thought of looking on Netflix, GOOD idea! I found brand new sets on ebay for a good price, which buyer beware but I might have to take advantage of the great price.
Old 01-10-2006, 02:02 AM   #13  
resident lactivist

Quote:
I think with a lot of these products -- especially workouts -- you have to DO them in order for them to work. And the secret to doing them, is finding something that really 'clicks' with you -- something that you enjoy doing enough to get up off the couch and do it...KWIM? (know what I mean?)
Yup, yup, yup. The greatest program does no good if you don't enjoy it enough to keep with it. I've often told the story of my experience with Tae Bo--tried it, enjoyed it, but lacked the coordination to do it properly. Almost fell over a couple of times, and accidentally kicked my toddler once when she ran too close. So it's not any good for me.
Closed Thread