View Single Post
Old 01-08-2006, 08:06 PM   #10
NotTheCheat
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

DATE – January 8, 2006

USER NAME - NotTheCheat

SIGNIFICANCE OF YOUR USER NAME – The Cheat is a character from a series of online cartoons called Homestar Runner. He is my personal avatar for my weight loss journey and since I am looking at this as a lifestyle rather than a diet, I can’t cheat.

REAL NAME - Nancy

AGE - 32

BIRTHDATE – July 15

WHERE YOU LIVE – Greenwich, CT

SIGNIFICANT OTHER – Single again!

ANNIVERSARY – None

KIDS - None

PETS - None

OCCUPATION - Accountant

STARTING WEIGHT - 353

WHAT PLAN ARE YOU FOLLOWING – Counting calories and exercise

FAV. EXERCISE(S) – Dancing, walking and swimming and I would like to try martial arts and fencing when I am more fit.

FAV. NO-NO FOODS – Well nothing is officially no-no (I can’t cheat! I just have to account for it) but my emotional trigger foods are mostly ice cream and rich desserts, especially chocolate.

FAV.BOOK(S) – Almost anything Sci-Fi fantasy – Robin Hobb, Anne Bishop, Orson Scott Card, etc. I also love Patrick O’Brian’s Aubrey/Maturin series (Master and Commander) and Elizabeth Peters’ Amelia Peabody mysteries.

FAV. MOVIE(S) – Lawrence of Arabia, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead, The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Antonia’s Line, and Amelie. I also love Stargate (both SG-1 and Atlantis) and Battlestar Gallactica (the new one).

FAV. SONG(S) – I like pretty much anything. Part of me is stuck in the 80’s – I love the Smiths, the Cure, Depeche Mode, etc. The last few albums I bought were from Lauryen Hill, Bonnie Raitt, Green Day and Evanescence if that tells you anything.

FAV. QUOTE – “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.” — Marianne Williamson

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU - I have been dieting since I was a little girl. Exercise was always about ways to lose weight and meals growing up were battles for control over what I ate. I even went to Weight Watchers camp for two years around the age of 12/13. Recently something in my head clicked and somehow I am finally able to divorce eating from so many negative emotions that I have harbored over the years. I am able to do this, not to fix myself because there is something wrong with me, but to get myself healthy so that I can live as full a life as possible.

86 pounds down, now for the next bit - fourth short term goal (back to 100 down):

Last edited by NotTheCheat : 07-08-2007 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Update info and quote source
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote