Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 01:59 PM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Cool Alternachick chat January 2006

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

Hope that everyone had a fun last night

We celebrated by having a couple we are friends with over for a lasagna dinner then the four of us went to see King Kong. It was a low key night but we had a lot of fun

I've already started my new plans for the 2006 (I hate saying resolutions ) by clearing out some stuff from my house last week, reorganizing my kitchen cupboards and stocking up on groceries and I went back on plan this morning
Old 01-03-2006, 10:40 AM   #2  
Is it Friday yet?

Happy New Year all!

I hope everyone had a safe night. I spent the night at a friend's house and we sat outside in the cold to watch fireworks at midnight, then sat up for a couple hours talking. Didn't drink too much, funny how when you get older that's less and less part of the celebration....

My birthday's tomorrow, so my mom, best friend, her husband and I are all heading back to WW next week. It'll be nice to have company doing this instead of having to explain why I can't eat the same c-rap they all are.

I became an auntie on Dec. 29th. My best friend in CA had a son, 13 weeks early and he weighed in at a whopping 1 pound 11 ounces. All is well so far, he's only taking a little oxygen.

So many reasons now to get healthy and stick around for a LONG time.

Blessings, Terri
Old 01-03-2006, 11:08 AM   #3  

Congratulations on becoming and Auntie!

Well the first 2 days of being back OP have been good - the only slip up was trifle for dessert at my mum's house last night but I did have enough points for it so I think I'll be okay.

This is my first day back at work since the 23rd so I'm struggling to get back into my routines
Old 01-03-2006, 12:05 PM   #4  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

Happy New Year everybody

I'm looking forward to getting back to the pool tonight. I hate that they close over the school's winter break. <grumble grumble>

I'm trying really hard not to catch my husband's cold. Luckily this is not an impossibility these days (Like it used to be).
Old 01-03-2006, 02:06 PM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Happy New Year Chicks
Old 01-03-2006, 07:41 PM   #6  

Same to you Leenie

Day 3 is going good - I've actually managed to journal my points etc.!

I am working on my budget tonight and then I'm going to have cup of herbal tea and start my new Terry Pratchett -getting started on my vow to read 1 book per month this year
Old 01-04-2006, 07:34 PM   #7  

Crapo day at work today - bus was late, boss was early, couldn't get peace to get any work done, under ate, got a headache and was generally cranky.

I got home and got it out of my system by vigorously shoveling snow out of the laneway and walkway so DH would have a place to park when he got home and now I'm feeling better

Had a nice supper with DH and now I'm just gonna play on the net tonight
Old 01-05-2006, 10:23 AM   #8  
Kaipo &quot;Sweetheart&quot;

S/C/G: 260/176/175

Talking

Hey Mauv - Sorry to hear about work - glad your day turned out ok.

I was having an off day yesterday too - seemed like I spent all day trying to fix other peoples mistakes and was getting quite annoyed. Then DH tells me he definately has a cold - great - so now I have bombard my system with Zinc and C and Echanacia (sp?) and hope for the best.

We are going to the dump after I get off work. That should be a big thrill.

I checked out Flylady and now I get a 1000 emails from her - so I see Tani's point about her being a bit annoying. But I do like the tips - I think my housekeeping problem has always been that I dont care and figure no one else should either - having a little whip cracker in my inbox might be just the guilt trip I need. LOL

Anyway - happy losing to all today!

Trish
Old 01-05-2006, 01:17 PM   #9  

Yeah, I don't get the e-mails for that purpose - I would never be able to get around to reading them all.

I just check the site daily for the missions and do them. Flylady has definitely helped me keep my house tidy and having daily routines had been great!
Old 01-05-2006, 02:43 PM   #10  
geeky pagan chick

I love love love my daily routines. I think I'm genetically programmed to be messy, and having a daily/weekly schedule has really made such a huge difference for me.

Of couse last night I blew off cleaning *and* weights to knit on my latest sweater creation. I'm almost done, and getting impatient to finish I just have to knit the collar and the right side zipper band, then install said zipper.
Old 01-05-2006, 05:09 PM   #11  
Pending Email Confirmation

I totally just made a binder with my different routines, a routine for the real cleaning - like when i have a few hours, and then the ones when i have just a few minutes to spend one one place.
mostly, i just have a plan inside my head and using a timer works great. i just know i want to do one room at a time, and that half-assed is better than not at all. that's the hard one for me to learn, i want it all to be perfect!!!

Anyway, i'm sore as sore can be. funny how doing physical therapy to make myself feel better, is just making me hurt in other places. *L* my poor hubby hurt his back this week and has been out the last two days at home on meds and cranky!! as sore as i am, i'd rather be at work then home. *LOL*
Old 01-06-2006, 09:46 AM   #12  
Kaipo &quot;Sweetheart&quot;

S/C/G: 260/176/175

Talking Seems were all in the same messy little boat

Boy do I hear ya Tani. I have been saying for years that being a good housekeeper is genetic. My mother was better than me but only cause dad is such a nag. My DH doesnt quite have that over me - his deal is that if it is already clean and tidy - he will keep it that way - but let a small mess sit na dhe happily adds to it. Of course he and I have different ideas about clean - he doesnt like clutter but doesnt seem to mind residue whereas I would rather have a stack of crap that I could eat of off that an empty space gathering mold.

Obviously there has to be a happy medium. I am the same as lizzy in that I tend to avoid projects that I can't finish - I too am getting over that. It is like I said a few months ago about eating - it is all about control. Control what you eat, watch and do in your spare time.

Now if the sun would just stay out longer - I might get more done - I tend to shut down at dusk. So I guess being a vampire is out. LOL The only time I am awake feeling in the evening is during a full moon. Weird huh?

I hope that Fly works out for me - baby steps - keep it simple and all that. We'll see, I can be really lazy when I want to be. But I seem to be ready for some structure.

I even agreed last night to start working out with DH 4 times a week. We have weights and stuff in our gym so we would start with quick hike up the back hill for cardio - followed each day by 1 section of body with weights, arms, chest, legs, back. I told him he could be my trainer, helping with weight selection and motivation to do it.
Old 01-06-2006, 11:12 AM   #13  

I work better in the mornings but DH likes to sleep in on the weekends. That means I'm up and about at 8:00 a.m. and can't do anything major like vacuming and clanking about so I go to the other end of the apartment and tidy the kitchen and bath and do the dusting in the livingroom.

By the time he gets up I have got half the house done!

I did a big clean up about 2 weeks before Christmas and then did some cleaning and purging between Boxing Day and New Year's Eve. Getting up to a tidy kitchen every morning has been wonderful and coming home to a tidy house each night makes it so much easier to get dinner going, lunches made for work and clothes picked out for the next day. I've been much better at leaving the house on time for work.

In the next few weeks this will help give me time to exercise too!
Old 01-08-2006, 12:32 PM   #14  
geeky pagan chick

Well so much for not catching my husband's cold. I've been down and out of it for the last 2 days. Yesterday a major accomplishment was lifting my head without the room spinning. Grrr. I think the worst is over now though, thankfully. I have to make it back to work tomorrow as I've got a newbie starting and have to train them.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:20 AM   #15  

Hope you are feeling better Tani

I have had no energy at all for the last day or two and I am feeling anti-social too -bleah!

I think I need to get out into the fresh air today to boost myself
Closed Thread