Old 01-07-2006, 01:21 PM   #1  

Default Who "especially" do you want to show yourself off to when you reach goal?

Another fun/immature thread idea...Borrowed idea from 3FC...

Who do you want to especially show yourself off to? And Why?

Who:My ex husband
Why? Just because I want to see the look on his face. It will be priceless.

Who: My sisters mother in-law
Why? She told me last time I saw her "Wow, you've really gained weight this year, what are you doing?"

Who: My grandmother
Why: Just because I know my weight bothers her. She never says it, but she comments on others weight.

Last edited by Jenniffer; 01-07-2006 at 01:57 PM.
Jenniffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 01:51 PM   #2  
Making myself proud.

S/C/G: 375/ticker/200

Height: 5'11"

Honestly the only person I want to show myself off to is me! I know other people will notice but for me it's about me turning 40 this coming summer and wanting to be healthier, thinner and happier in my 40's than I was in my 20's & 30's. I know my parents will be thrilled though because they'd always seems worried and a little ashamed of my weight. I know they will worry less about me when I'm thinner.

Good thread idea btw!
Stinger766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 01:54 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 305/305/120

I want to show off to myself because I've never been close to thin, and even now that I started (it hasn't been long), I catch myself looking more in the mirror and feeling good about myself. I want to show off to my parents because I know they want it just as bad as I do and they will be so proud of me. I want to show off to all the guys who wouldn't even look my way- You couldn't have me then, and you sure as heck can't have me now!
FreshStart06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 02:09 PM   #4  
PrestonsMama

S/C/G: 253/180/150

Height: 5'6"

Well, myself and my Dh for one, I want to feel good naked, lol! I want to fit into the dress that my girlfriend wore to a NYE party. I used to be able to wear sexy dresses like that, this year, the only thing that would fit sat in my closet while I vegged at home with my Dh because I refused to go out looking like crap!
PrestonsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 02:55 PM   #5  
Journey To The Thin Me

S/C/G: 252/234/140

Height: 5'4

Mostly, I want to show off to myself. I have never been thin my adult life so that would be a great accomplishment for me. Being able to go into the store and to pick off of the rack and it fit. No more shopping in the Plus side department. Actually, feeling like I can wear some stylish clothes.

Plus, showing off to the ex hubby isn't that bad of an idea either. He was never very good at giving encouragement. He used to say , " You can't do it"< "Just face it, you were meant to be fat." "Not another diet>" I want to show off and prove that I can do it. I am not a failure.

Also I have this fear that my children might be embarrassed of me with their friends and I don't want that. I want to be a good role model and I know weight doesn't have anything to do with being a good role model but I know I would feel better about myself and that would give me a great boost with self confidence. And I can get out there and be an active mom and not just a bump on the log.
AnnieFannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 03:12 PM   #6  

Talking

I want to show myself to absolutely everyone but to myself in particular.
Lori

nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 05:11 PM   #7  

My mum, because she really worries about me, and never thought I would actually get the weight off, not to gloat, but just to show her that I love her and myself enough to do this.

I'd love to show myself to everyone whoever teased me at high school, who jeered at me in gym class, who made me feel like a fat loser!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 05:29 PM   #8  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

ME!
not saying that I don't want to look good for my dh.. and have energy for my children - but I'm doing it all for ME!
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 08:49 PM   #9  
Heather/Caterpillar

I want to get every man that ever rejected me, every person that ever called me fat or overweight into a room and walk in to show them that I can get skinny but they will always be single minded and arrogant. Then I want to go home and show my skinny butt to my always supportive bf!
Heva2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 09:03 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 376/319/170

Height: 5'2

hmm,.. there are so many people, but foremost on my mind at this point is the cousin that called me a few years ago to tell me I should get gastric bypass because the weight is putting my life on hold.

Then, everyone I went to high school with, and then my in-laws
heather_dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 09:18 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

I wouldn't mind showing everyone in high school... however, it's flawed since I was skinny and they still called me fat. I'd kinda like to beat them all for convincing me that a size 5-6 is fat!

I'd like to say I'm doing this all for myself, and my also supportive bf, but he doesn't care about my size. I'm doing this to fit in, to look good by society's standards, and definitely so I have more shopping options!!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 09:29 PM   #12  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

Well, I want to show myself most of all because I have always been overweight and I can't wait to show myself that I can do it. But then there was my first love who I wanted to be with so badly and although he never had a problem sneaking to see me and hiding our relationship, when I told him that I wanted us to be together he said he wasn't marriage material........he was married to someone else a year later.

I also want to show my mother because she feels the need to constantly tell me how I need to lose weight and it is tiring. And my 71 year old grandmother who has been dieting as long as I've known her, to show her that you don't have to do some crazy diet to lose weight but that you can do it and still enjoy your food.
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 10:03 PM   #13  

Myself and my Husband for a big one!!
I can't wait to not be nervous about being naked in front of him!
Less_of_Me_to_Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 12:50 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 258/ticker/135

Height: 5'3

Soon as I reach goal weight I'm getting pictures taken. They better keep that camera snapping for all the times I said no to my picture being taken.
Melody2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 01:07 AM   #15  
Here We Go

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'7"

I think I'll have to go with a lot of the crowd and say.. myself. There isn't any one person that I'd like to show off to.. cept .. me. The only reason I really want to lose weight is so that I can be happy. I wouldn't mind being able to stay overweight and be happy and be like "Hah.. forget you.. I'm overweight and I'm uh.. all that. I WIN!" Yeah. :P
t0rn is offline   Reply With Quote