Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 02:10 PM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Smile What I would like to do for myself in 2006

Hello everyone!

lizziness had bumped up the old 2005 missions thread - Resolution is such an icky word that conjures up deprivation, pressure, stress and then feelings of failure if I don't keep the resolution so I don't like using that word - hence the more positive title of this thread

If you would like to post what you would like to do in 2006 then please share - I always find it interesting and motivating to see what others are doing
Old 01-01-2006, 02:17 PM   #2  

In 2006 I would like to:

1. Reach my goal weight by July 2 (my birthday )

2. Improve my quality of life by being more organized, improving my finances and decluttering my life

3. Sign up for a yoga class

4. Spend more time with friends and family and reconnect to those relationships that have drifted a bit

5. Learn to bake and spend one full day each month with my mom just cooking and learning family recipes (which will involve much drinking of tea, family stories, gossip and laughter )

6. Sing out loud more often (and not just in the privacy of my shower )

7. Read one book per month

8. Work on my sewing/crafting projects
Old 01-01-2006, 06:16 PM   #3  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

S/C/G: 260/176/175

Height: 5' 10"

Default 2006 - A journey

For 2006 I plan to work on the following:

1. Reaching my weight goal by Labor Day 2006

2. Strive to pay attention to what I am doing when I am doing it - that includes staying off the boards during work hours and not doing anything but listening when having a conversation with anyone.

3. As the weight comes off the energy goes up - so I want to utilize this new energy to be a better homemaker/farmer/wife/volunteer. Regular housekeeping routine, gardening, yard work, meal planner, fire dept.

4. Complete 2 major fire department projects that I have put off for over 6 months.

5. Spend more time with my horse and actually go riding.

6. NEVER miss an opportunity for a walk, stroll, hike, or other form of recreational exercise. (Bowling, hoops, skating, etc)

7. Continue to remind myself that since I am an adult that is in control of what I eat and what I buy - I can have what ever I want and therefore CHOOSE to eat wisely MOST of the time and consequently do not have to feel guilty about treats since I dont eat them all the time.

That seems like plenty for me to NOT accomplish - LOL.
Old 01-01-2006, 11:09 PM   #4  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

In 2006 I would like to

1. Maintain my weight at or below 140

2. Add some muscle mass to my upper body

3. Tame my yard (oh boise is it a jungle )
Old 01-02-2006, 11:13 PM   #5  
Pending Email Confirmation

I'm making my 2006 mission just overall wellbeing. Which encompasses everything from spending more time pursuing hobbies, spiritualism, taking care of my body, fueling it rather than overfeeding it, moving it, etc.
It seems kind of general, but i think i'd like to just pick one thing each month that has this theme to work on. seems if i break it up small enough i may have some success this time.
so, here's to feeling good in 2006.
Old 01-03-2006, 07:49 PM   #6  

Lizziness - I was thinking the same thing - instead of going about it head on I am breaking my plans up into smaller pieces and doing a bit at a time.

Last week I did some decluttering in my house (love the Flylady website) and this week I am working on my finances.

I figure by the end of 2006 all should be right in my universe
Old 01-03-2006, 10:54 PM   #7  
Pending Email Confirmation

Thanks, that was pretty much my plan. I can work on one thing a month til everything is worked out. No overwhelming list of plans. Just an idea of what I want to work on over the whole year, which i can put into my monthly challenge.
We're so clever.
btw - love flylady. i totally have a binder with my plan, needs to be updated, one of my mini goals.
Old 01-04-2006, 10:31 AM   #8  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

teehee, I love the flylady's system and have borrowed from it heavily to get myself organized, it's really useful. I find her terribly annoying though
Old 01-06-2006, 11:19 AM   #9  

Tani - I have got to do something with my yard too the previous owners of our duplex neglected it and threw a bunch of junk back there. Last summer was spent cleaning it up and putting new earth in the planting areas, then we managed to plant some herbs and tomato plants.

We bought a BBQ and some patio furniture and made the place a bit more presentable.

This year I would like to finish the far back corner and DH wants to build a fountain. I also want to plant some fragrant climbing vines against one of the fences as the neighbor on that side is lazy about cleaning the dog poop (3 large dogs worth) up in their yard and every so often you can smell it if you are sitting on the patio - blech! I'm hoping that something like honeysuckle or such will mask the odour from next door.
Old 01-06-2006, 08:09 PM   #10  

In 2006 I would like to:
1. Finish my MA
2. Reach my final weight goal by NYE.
3. Keep my kitchen clean.
4. Have someone over for dinner every other week.

We can totally do this!
Old 01-07-2006, 08:24 PM   #11  

Hello,

This year I would like to stick to an exercise program and reach my goal weight. (no more exercising for 2 wks and then nothing for a month.)

I would like to understand my super natural life better and not have it cause as much stress as the previous 34 years of my existence.

I work with it/It work with me...balance. Actually a way to get my hands around my "twin"soul's neck and then things will be much better. (wink)

Learn how to dance: Salsa, Tango, and Fit TV has some nice dance shows playing now that I'll stumble along to. (call the paramedics)

There should be smiley thingys in there but I don't know how to put them there yet. (smile)

V.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:51 AM   #12  
Take A Bite..I dare ya!

In 2006 I would like too....

Keep up with my house work
Find and stay on an exercise program
Reach my goal by the summer of loosing 50 lbs.
Old 01-10-2006, 07:12 PM   #13  
tch'd by his noodly appdg

(totally OT)Wow, RottenApple, I spent many years of my childhood in Ragley, LA, and know exactly where your town is.

Anyway,
For 2006:

1. Maintain my new found wonderful ways of eating, enjoying the food that I cook, and honoring my body by only eating what makes me feel good (in a healthy way!).

2. Reach my initial goal weight and re-evaluate how I feel and where I want to go from there.

3. Continue exercising as I have been for the last week, remembering how good it makes me feel.

4. Take a martial arts class.

5. Make time for my temari craft.

6. Get bikes for both me and the husband creature, and start biking, and figure out a way to put a bike rack on my Corolla for our bikes and the bikes for the kids so we can all go to the park to ride I wish our neighborhood and area of town were more bike friendly...
Old 01-10-2006, 07:17 PM   #14  
Take A Bite..I dare ya!

LOL..I am a Transplanted Texan...DeRidder is not bad..it is kinda pretty..just takin' a bit to get used too. (OT as well LOL)
Old 02-02-2006, 04:08 PM   #15  

1, get some confidence and believe in myself more. Stop thinking negative thoughts.

2, Finish my course, get a job and become a trainee solicitor

3, meet a decent bloke (and fall in love hopefully)

4, Go to pilates on a regular basis

5, Get my own place

6, Keep to my weightloss 10lbs more would do me fine although I'm aiming for 19.

7, maintain my weight

8, enjoy life more, see myself as an attractive person and learn to love life.

9, cut down on my dairy and become more vegan

10, Travel and be open to new experiences

I don't ask for much lol.
Closed Thread