Old 01-07-2006, 05:47 PM   #1  
No description available.

Default Appreciate the fat

I was pondering the other day that I should actually appreciate the fat my body has accumulated through years of crappy diet and exercise choices. Through fat, my body is yelling to get my attention. I can't zip up this or squeeze into that, so I have to change. But there are other, more important reasons I have to change.

I can see the fat, but I can't see the plaques forming on my arteries that will give me a heart attack or stroke if I don't change.

I can see the fat, but I can't see the diverticulitis that will occur if I don't take better care of my intestines (sorry, but it's true).

I can see the fat, but I can't see my bones careening from osteopenia to osteoporosis if I don't start doing weight bearing exercise.

I can see the fat, but I can't see the little cells that want to form in my breasts or my colon that may someday turn into cancer.

The fat is a warning and one I can't ignore. I appreciate that my body makes me so aware of the damage I am doing. This is a head's up to make healthy food choices, move, work my heart and my muscles and pound on my bones.

I could be skinny but unhealthy, and then I would never have gotten the message.

Jen
ignore my ticker, it is weigh (haha) off
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 07:18 PM   #2  
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

Well, that is one way to look at the fat that I have not thought about. I agree...I can't imagine what is going on "behind" the scenes. Thanks for your thought provoking post!
Monkeybabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 07:50 PM   #3  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

That's really insightful, Jen - you made many good points.
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 12:20 AM   #4  
No description available.

Just cause I appreciate it doesn't mean I don't want it gone! Totally on plan today with eats, exercise and water!
Jen
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote