Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 05:24 PM   #1  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Default ~~ Thin Wannabees Chit Chat #11 ~~

Hello and welcome to the Thin Wannabees!

We are a friendly group of ladies who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another, not just in weight loss, but in all of our daily joys and struggles.

Everyone has their ups and downs and we’ll be here with you thru both! Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

So please join us and let's work together towards a healthier us!!

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: The Thin Group
Old 01-05-2006, 05:25 PM   #2  
CJ

OK .. don't forget to check the last posts on #10!

Love, CJ
Old 01-05-2006, 08:05 PM   #3  
I'll call him Con Queso!!

Default Boiled chicken and then what HE got

(sigh) For dinner tonight I made chicken breasts, like I said. Mine was boiled
with a tiny little minescule side of honey mustard. Then I had a pear and a handful of almonds. Of corse I can't make skinny little Mark eat this way, so he had spicey barbeque chicken (chicken fryed in garlic, tobasco sauce, chili powder and bbq sauce) green beans with butter, and sour cream and chive mashed potatoes. I'd have loved to have eaten what HE got!
But, oh well! Mine was actually pretty good anyway.
And I got to the gym today. Yay!
My poor baby is sick. I think he may have the croup, so we're going ot the doc tomorrow. He keeps coughing this really deep barky cough.
Ok, sionara till tomorrow!
Old 01-05-2006, 09:00 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 196/150/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieA
What is prosciutto?
It's actually an Italian Ham that's been salt cured & aged. It sounds a little strange & admittedly the 1st time I tried it, I was like IIIIIICK (I took a REALLY big bite & it's VERY salty). Funny enough tho, after that 1 taste, I wanted more LOL. I love adding it to recipes, it's got such a unique taste that really livens things up. It's quite pricey, but a little goes a loooong way.

I ended up making mine and added sliced mushrooms & diced red pepper to it as well ~and~ poured a cream/melted cheese mixture over top. Probably not a good choice for calorie watchers (Fitday put it at about 335 calories/serving), but for carb. watchers, it came in at 2.6g per serving, which is great if you're still trying to maintain induction level (which I am LOL).

Mel - good for you getting to the gym. Sorry to hear baby isn't well & hope he is feeling better very soon! Croup can be so nasty - hope that's not what he has!!

Have a great night everyone!!!!!
Old 01-06-2006, 07:45 PM   #5  
CJ

Interesting ....

As I am slowly going thru all my data from my old computer and putting onto my new one I found this article on water ... and since we all seem to having a bit of trouble getting all out water intake in, I thought we might want to read it ...

Water: How 8 Glasses A Day Keep Fat Away

Water suppresses the appetite naturally and helps the body metabolize fat. Studies have shown that a decrease in water intake will cause fat deposits to increase, while an increase in water intake can actually reduce fat deposits.

Here's why:
The kidneys can't function properly without enough water. When they don't work to capacity, some of their load is dumped onto the liver. One of the liver's primary functions is to metabolize stored fat into usable energy for the body. But, if the liver has to do some of the kidney's work, it can't operate at full throttle. As a result, it metabolizes less fat, more fat remains stored in the body and weight loss stops.

Drinking enough water is the best treatment for fluid retention. When the body gets less water it perceives this as a threat to survival and begins to hold onto every drop. Water is stored in the extracellular spaces (outside the cell walls). This shows up as swollen feet, legs and hands. Diuretics offer a temporary solution at best. They force out stored water along with some essential nutrients. Again, the body perceives a threat and will replace the lost water at the first opportuinity. Thus, the condition quickly returns. The best way to overcome the problem of water retention, is to give your body what it needs--plenty of water. Only then will stored water be released.

The overweight person needs more water than the thin one. Larger people have larger metabolic loads. Since we know that water is the key to fat metabolism, it follows that the overweight person meeds more water. Water helps maintain proper muscle tone. It does this by giving muscles their natural ability to contract and by preventing dehydration. It also helps to prevent the sagging skin that usually follows weight loss--shrinking cells are buoyed by water, which plumps the skin and leaves it clear, healthy and resilient. Water helps rid the body of wastes.

During weight loss, the body has a lot more waste to get rid of--all that metabolized fat must be shed. Again, adequate water helps flush out waste. Water can help relieve constipation.
When the body gets too little water, it siphons what it needs from internal sources. The colon is one primary source. Result? Constipation. But, when a person drinks enough water, normal bowel function usually returns.

So how much water is enough? On the average a person should drink eight 8-ounce glasses every day. That's about two quarts. However, the overweight person needs on additional glass for every 25 pounds overweight. The amount you drink should also be increased if you exercise briskly or if the weather is hot and dry. Water should be preferably cold--it's absorbed into the system more quickly than warm water. And some evidence suggests that drinking cold water can actually help you burn calories.

To utilize water most efficiently during weight loss follow this schedule:

Morning: 1 Quart consumed over a 30 minute period
Noon: 1 Quart consumed over a 30 minute period
Evening: 1 Quart consumed between 5 and 6 o’clock

When the body gets the water it needs to function optimally, its fluids are perfectly balanced. When this happens you have reached the "breakthrough point." What does this mean?

Endocrine-gland function improves.
Fluid retention is alleviated as stored water is lost.
More fat is used as fuel because the liver is free to metabolize stored fat.
Natural thirst returns.
There is a loss of hunger almost overnight.

If you stop drinking enough water, your body fluids will be thrown out of balance again, and you may experience unexplained weight gain and loss of thirst. To remedy this situation you'll have to go back and force another breakthrough.

The above article taken from "The Snowbird Diet" by Donald S. Roberston, M.D., M. Sc.
Old 01-06-2006, 10:40 PM   #6  

WOW! That's a lotta info!
Just a quick update on my little man: it is the croup . . . and an ear infection. We're running on NO sleep! He screamed all night and all day today. Oh, I hope he's feeling better tomorrow!
Old 01-07-2006, 11:52 AM   #7  

Thanks CJ. I've read that before, but it's good to read again to fully understand and appreciate the benefits of drinking water. I drink a good amount of water I think, but I can't drink it cold. I have super sensitive teeth & I hate drinking from a straw . If it's too cold, I also get a headache. But, I'm sure I'm still reaping some calorie burning benefits from what I drink (Yesterday, for ex., I had 120-130 ozs.), even tho it's cool & not cold.

Oh Mel, praying your little one is better VERY soon. Croup is so hard on little ones & an ear infection on top of that....poor lil guy.
Old 01-07-2006, 12:32 PM   #8  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Thank you CJ for the Info. Water is a real problem area for me. My goal each day is to drink more water. Maybe I will learn to like it...LOL.

I have found the perfect motivation for myslef.

My hubby got me a new Digital Camera with a picture maker for Christmas. I wanted some before pictures made...SO he took some of me in my underwear with my panties pulled part of the way down. You know showing the whole belly...gross!! Front and side views. You talking about an SHOCK. I knew I was overwieght but pictures don't lie. SO these pictures will go everywhere with me and anytime I want to { blow it} I'll just take them out {carefully so NO one else sees...LOL} I'm sure that I won't want that cake after looking that these pictures.
MY one prayer is that I don't lose my purse. I can see it now on the 5 o'clock news. Purse found and it belongs to this woman...LMAO!!

Hope everyone is having a great day. Deb
Old 01-07-2006, 12:47 PM   #9  

LMAO Debbie - that comment about the news...too funny!! I was reading your post and thinking man, I was just in that same place. In fact, this is from my journal (January 4)...

"It dawned on me yesterday that I really am fat. I mean, I knew I was overweight, but I didn't realize just how overweight I am. While standing up, I appear to be on my way to lookin pretty good, but yesterday after my shower, I happened to glance in the direction of the mirror while sitting down to put my socks on (side profile to boot) I couldn't believe how big I truly was. How the heck I didn't see that until now is beyond me...and I'm 20lbs lighter than I was on Nov. 20?? I guess I'm glad I didn't see this same view 20lbs ago, but HOLY CRAP , I sure wasn't expecting to see what I did yesterday. It's not even just a huge beer belly, I've got the beer belly, a beer belly back & about 4 back boobs. YUCK!! I'm friggin' huge. How has this visual escaped me until now???? Part of me wishes I had my camera with me to take a picture (to look at when I reach goal again) & another part of me is so glad I didn't have it handy (too gross). I may have screwed up the last time I reached my goal, but I can guarantee, I will never again be this fat!! I'm just disgusted with myself."

I have since taken a picture of that view & it will be used for motivational purposes . My pics are ONLY on my 'puter tho. No worries about some poor soul finding that in my purse, just the poor slob who hacks their way into my system one day
Old 01-07-2006, 07:07 PM   #10  

ROFL!!!! You guys are funny! I try to avoid looking at myself in themirrow when I get out of the shower. Right after I had Allen, I would actually close my eyes getting in and out of the shower. I couldn't imagine how Mark could stand looking at my naked body!
It's deffinatly gotten beter, but not good enough.
I was SO furiated last night after reading an article in a magazine. It was called "How Celebs Just Start Their Bikini Body". They showed super people and then told how to get their "figure." One of the pics was of Jessica Alba in a bikini and every bone in her body was showing! Why are they promoting that?
Another article I read was about how Jennifer Garner is depressed about her post baby body. who isn't? Her trainer says that she needs to be bikini-ready in 4 months! Hello!!!!! I'm still woking off that baby weight 6 mos later! Hollywood disgusts me!!
Old 01-08-2006, 09:56 AM   #11  

I think those pictures where their bones are protruding are gross. I don't see "sexy" in that at all.

Hey Debbie - I uploaded a pic in my profile that fits in with our posts. Please have a wee lookie-loo .
Old 01-08-2006, 10:00 AM   #12  
CJ

Nothing like a good look in the full length mirror naked to motivate us! YUK! If that doesn't motivate I don't know what will .... One can "hide" pretty well under clothes!! LOL

I have been staying OP pretty good the last couple days ... although we were to dinner at friends house last nite and I did very well but .... I did have a very small piece of banana cream pie ... it was wonderful and I do not feel guilt. I'm just back OP this morning. Hubby had a piece of coffee cake but NOT ME! So far, just have had my coffee. Maybe I will make me a couple of eggs, scrambled. That sounds good .. really not hungry.

Mel:
I do hope your little one is getting much better. I hate to see little kids sick! It's rough, I know. Been there, done that many many times.

Gonna Be:
I to would rather have my water on the warm side. I love it with lemon in it. I did really well yesterday on my water intake ... I was use to drinking a lot of water like you are, but got out of the habit now have to work my way back up there. Keep up the good work.

Debbie:
Having hubby take those pics for you is a riot! You're too funny! But carrying them in your purse is a hoot! Hey, whatever works, right? Keep working on that water ... You'll get there ... try putting lemon in it ... I'm working on building my water uptake up too ...

Well, as I continue to clean thru all my old recipes to put on my new computer I will post more as I come across them .. I will label them whether they are WW or LC ...

Have a great day! I'll check back later on ...

Love, CJ
Old 01-08-2006, 03:50 PM   #13  

He's feeling a bit better, still really stuffy.
I was bad last night, went out for drinks and had way too many! I feel pretty cruddy today!
Old 01-09-2006, 12:35 AM   #14  
CJ

In case you all have noticed that the signatures/tickers are not showing on every one of your posts, 3FC made a change and for now they will only show on your first post on a page. This change was made because all the signatures bogs down the server making it run very slow. If you wish to see someone's signature without scrolling up the page, just click on their name and profile and it shows their signature.

CJ
Old 01-09-2006, 08:59 AM   #15  
Movin on down the scale

Thanks CJ, you know everything..lol

Well, I am still here, just putting around the 172/173 range, I have stages where I loose daily for 2-4 days then I stay put for 2-3 weeks. But I am happy I am loosing still, just REALLY SLOWLY!
Closed Thread