Old 01-06-2006, 02:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Angry Frustrated

I was SO excited for Christmas, my bf got some new runners, and he promised we'd start training for a 10km run I want to do in April. Well, Dec 18th I came down with a little cough, felt a little tired, and went to the doctor on the 22nd. He told me I likely had Bronchitis, and gave me cough syrup to help me sleep.. I was to return for testing on the 24th if it continued. While my cough is GONE as of January 3rd, my body *refuses* to get better. I've got all this great motivation, both outward and inward.. and no where to let it out! I am SO frustrated, and HATE being sick. Tomorrow I'll be tested for Pneumonia and Mono, which could mean more of this. Ugh.

This is also the reason I haven't been posting, I feel like a fraud, I am not dieting, nor exercising.. so why should I be able to provide anything to people who are!

Thanks for listening.. it helps to get it out, yah know?

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 05:50 AM   #2  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Oh, you poor thing, Aimee! I hope you get some good news from the tests, and can be on your way to recovery. :

And post away! Don't stay away because you're sick and can't follow your plan.
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 08:04 AM   #3  
Sick of Fat

S/C/G: 240/183/150

That sucks Being sick is never fun!!

You can still post without being a fraud!! Just give everyone else support and motivation!!!
sabriena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 08:17 AM   #4  
One pound at a time...

Aimee, you are not a fraud! Just because you are not feeling up to par, and maybe not following your plan at the moment does not remove your posting privelages . Take care of yourself and you will be back to normal in no time. Post away!
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 08:32 AM   #5  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

I know how you feel...sometimes I feel like a fraud too. Who is that 300 lb woman to be giving weight loss advice anyway??

The thing is, you and I both have knowledge and experience to share. Just because you may not be actively losing doesn't mean you don't know HOW to lose.

Keep posting--we need you!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 09:26 AM   #6  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Aimee

Hope you get good news at the dr and start feeling better soon. Please don't stay away.

Take care
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 09:44 AM   #7  

Aimee,
First of all...feel better soon!!!! You are not a fraud at all!!! I'm kind of feeling the same way though if it makes you feel any better. I did really bad all thru the holiday season and have finally gotten back on track.....I've been exercising every day but the past few days...my back has been hurting sooo bad..I just can't bring myself to do any exercise....uggghhh. I blame my back pain on being a nurse and running my behind off but also on my endometriosis...I have a lot of chronic pain because of the endo...and I don't always feel like exercising. I just do the best I can and try to be there to support others. Take care my dear and please keep posting at the boards...we all need you and I hope you need us too
hugs,
Olivia
roundRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 09:56 AM   #8  
A 6'1" Amazon and Proud!!

Hope you feel better!!!!!! and don't leave! keep posting!
suzisonthemovetolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 10:01 AM   #9  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Aminee Sorry that you are still feeling bad. I certainly hope your doctor appt. helps you figure out what's going on right now.

I also think you should continue to post. The thing about support is that you need it the most when you aren't on plan. Since your not up to exercising because you don't feel well, do you think your up to starting on the food portion? Maybe that'll help some.

feel better!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 11:30 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Aww Aimee. I'm so sorry to hear you still have that crud. I hope the doc has some good answers for you and you can get over it quickly.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 12:09 PM   #11  
Heather/Caterpillar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen415
I know how you feel...sometimes I feel like a fraud too. Who is that 300 lb woman to be giving weight loss advice anyway??
I for one would much rather get weight loss advice from a 300lb woman who is losing weight and wants to support others that some self righteous 100lb stick insect who has never had a weight problem in her life. When I went to Slimming World the class leader's only qualification was that she had once been....shock horror....15lbs overweight!!!!!

Heather
Heva2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 12:34 PM   #12  
Crazy Canuck

Now, now, Aimee ~ don't lose heart. I know how frustrating it is when you've set your mind on something and are raring to go, only to have a body that just won't co-operate, but just keep those good, strong, healthy thoughts at the forefront so that as soon as you're fit again you can get right to it! Get well and strong soon, ya hear!?
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 12:44 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Thank you everyone! My tests are half way done, I just need to get some x-rays, to check my lungs I believe. I really do appreciate everyone replying, I've felt pretty isolated lately..

I'd also rather hear advice from a 300 lb woman who is losing weight than a super skinny stick person. My friend's advice on losing weight? Starve yourself.

Sandi - Fortunately portion control hasn't been much of an issue. For breakfast/lunch I usually eat half a bagel, some days a whole bagel if I'm feeling a bit better, and yesterday for dinner I had a dynamyte roll, which is like 5 pieces of sushi (this one is cooked tho). I also have been drinking tons of juice and water.

Jillegal - my thoughts lately are thinking about trying to pass along some of this motivation to others. I'm taking a month off starting Feb to concentrate on losing weight and getting out of my work rut..

Alrighty, Thanks again everyone. It's muchly appreciated..

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 01:15 PM   #14  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

A little late...but I'm sending you get better hugs
And don't even TRY to leave...we LOVE you!!!!

xoxoxo
Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 01:23 PM   #15  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heva2015
When I went to Slimming World the class leader's only qualification was that she had once been....shock horror....15lbs overweight!!!!!
Ah, yes... Slimming World. I went with my sister once to see what they were like. There was a woman who hadn't lost that week, and the leader called her an idiot in front of everybody. Why? Well, the woman didn't care for raw apples, so she'd been stewing them without sugar. According to the leader, cooking an apple doubles the number of calories in it! When I stood up to dispute this, she threatened to have me removed. Pfft! We never paid the meeting fee, and we never went back.
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote