Default Fabulous Forties #73

# 72 Went to page two.
Don't forget to read Myra's post. She lost .4#
YEAH MYRA!!!

TTYL,
Terri
Old 09-13-2001, 09:54 AM   #2  
Queen of the Fresh Start

I know how anal you are about that second page, Terri thanks for staying on top of that!

Myra, you're continuing to lose! how great...you've got it going, I'm happy for you.

have a good day everyone,
Jen
Old 09-13-2001, 12:08 PM   #3  

I hate the second page. Don't know why but I do.

Terri
Old 09-13-2001, 01:22 PM   #4  

Hello everyone!

WOW! This is so terrible! My prayers are with those who have loved ones missing or killed in this tragedy. I was watching TV and the survivors of victims plea's have had me in tears. In fact I've had a hard time since Tuesday tearing myself away from the TV. I want to be watching when they take action against the SOB's that did this! It really makes me so mad that the cowards have to attack innocent people.

Did you'll see President Bush's news conference this morning? He almost started crying when he spoke of the children. But he went on to say he still had a job to do and that was to get rid of terrorism. I respect a man that can show his feelings.

My WI went well Tuesday. I lost 1.6 #'s I had been doing reduced fat but have switched to fat free again on most all products. I have also been taking the 5 HTP for a week now. I also started taking an amino acid called L-Carnitine. My brothers doctor told him it helps lower cholesterol and helps the body to metabolise fat. I'll let you know how it works.

Congrats to all the losers last week. Keep up the good work.

Love,
Joyce
Old 09-13-2001, 03:44 PM   #5  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Good Afternoon everyone ~

I wanted to put a bunch of flags in my front lawn today but, not a single one to be found! Sold out everywhere.....God Bless this wonderful country!

Terri ~ between you and I, that 2nd page will NEVER get long! I hate that too, dunno why.

Myra ~ Congrats on your loss! It seems you continue to have your weight go down.....what an inspiration! Keep up the good work.

Joyce ~ WTG on your loss too!! Y'all are doing so good. I am on vacation until Tuesday with family here so I'm nervous that my eating will be bad too....

Well, I need to get off this computer since 'company' will be here any minute......wish me luck cuz hubby is on his way home from the golf course after I just spoke to him. He's mad because I said golf should NOT be on his agenda today with my mom and her husband getting here within the hour. Looks like he'll be grumpy.
Old 09-13-2001, 08:26 PM   #6  

Hi everyone:

The university was open today and supposedly back to "normal", but not quite. A few minutes before 11:00 a.m., the bells went off and we had to evacuate the building. It was a bomb threat. After tuesday, you can imagine how everyone's nerves were on end. We stayed in the street for about an hour while police and firemen checked the building to make sure there was no bomb. The university decided to cancel classes until next Wednesday (we are off on Tuesday). Unfortunately they don't seem to feel the same for staff as they do for the students. In fact, in signs posted around the building about cancelled classes, the bottom read "employees are expected to report to work". Guess we're not as valuable as the students. There were co-workers who did not return once the building was cleared - they just went home. They were scared and said "the **** with this". They want us to return to normal, but we are not normal right now. In addition, e-mail and internet are down and the phones are not working for outside calls! Its ridiculous - they should have just closed the university. Its so difficult to concentrate on routine tasks even.

Well, some good news it that they did find a few more people alive, thank God. Everyone is doing whatever they can to help, giving blood, sending money, whatever. NY'rs have really banded together in this disaster.

Well, I'm sorry to keep talking about this, I can't seem to stop. Maybe I should just not post for awhile, until my head clears.
I hope you are all doing well.

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 09-13-2001, 09:10 PM   #7  

Patti,
Thanks for the site with the icons. Can't wait to get to it.
Have fun with your company. Just keep an eye on what you eat. I'll bet it won't be as bad as you think. Good luck!!!

Dianne,
Don't worry about talking about this horrible situation. It helps some people and that is what we are hear for. It is different when you live so close. We will always listen.

Joyce,
Congrats on the loss.

Terri
Old 09-13-2001, 09:50 PM   #8  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Terri, I hope you weren't upset with my joke about the 2nd page. You know I was just teasing.

Dianne, I can't imagine how it must be to live through the effects of the terrorist attack. We are so far removed, geographically, from the incident, that our daily lives are not affected. It must be difficult to carry on a "normal" daily routine. My thoughts are with you.

Joyce! You had a good loss, congrats! I'm glad for you.

Hi to everyone

Jen
Old 09-13-2001, 10:34 PM   #9  

Jen,
Of course I knew you were teasing. You are such a good friend, I would never think anything less.

Hi everybody!
Terri
Old 09-14-2001, 06:57 AM   #10  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Joyce,

Congrats on your loss! Let me know what you think of L-Carnitine. I've heard of it before but really haven't given it a try. The dietician on the I-Village challenge talks about it all the time, but he believes in a real low carb diet, which I just can't follow. I think WW's lower carb/higher protein option is healthier. I wouldn't imagine never having pasta, rice or carrots again. Too extreme.

I hope everyone is having a great day.
Old 09-14-2001, 08:58 AM   #11  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Friday morning and a day off.........mom and her husband made it here yesterday afternoon and we will TRY to have a nice and fun visit. They came by car so were not effected by all this in their travel.

Dianne ~ Don't think twice about not wanting to keep talking abou t this. Sometimes, talking is what makes our hearts feel somewhat better. I am praying for yours and everyone's safety. Even though I am from the site area, I now liive many miles away ~ but Dallas, in the top 5 of important and big metro's, is keeping a watchful eye.

Terri ~ You're welcome for that site. It's fun looking around but sometimes, I feel like I'll run out of computer space, wanting then all.

To everyone else......let's keep our faith strong. The entire USA has pulled together so they, those people have not pulled AMERICA apart!! Let's pray.........
Old 09-14-2001, 01:24 PM   #12  

Jen, Myra, Diane, Terri,
Congratulations to the Loosers . I hope I didn't forget anyone. I know this week has been very hard because we all need some comforting and Chocolate is my favorite comfort food.

Everyone,
In an attempt to give you all some comforting (the non-fattening kind), I am going to try to attach a hug. I've never done this before so if it doesn't work I appologize. Everyone I know could use a hug, so pass it on.

Lots of Hugs,
JanieD
Old 09-14-2001, 10:13 PM   #13  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

I guess I just haven't wanted to "talk" much lately but I do come in and read.................love you all.
Old 09-15-2001, 07:31 AM   #14  

Hello Ladies, I haven't been wanting to talk much either. On top of all that's going on I've been having problems at work with an office manager so I've been quite irritable lately. Last night all my neighbors stood outside at 7:00 for the Lighting Of The Candles. It was so touching. I haven't cried so much in a very long time. All I can do is pray.

God Bless Us All
Old 09-15-2001, 10:07 AM   #15  

Thank you JanieD,
I certainly passed that wonderful, warm hug along. It was adorable! My kids enjoyed that. Thank you so much.

Patti,
Have a wonderful visit. We need family at times like these.
Thanks again for the icons.

Essie,
That sounds wonderful. Everyone uniting like that. I get more angry as the days go on. The stories are sooooo sad.

I gained 1/2#. I just couldn't myself to exercise this week. I was just not into it because of all of this. I will try harder this week.
Brandon lost 1/2#. Britts lost 1/2# also.

Hang in there everyone.
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!!

Terri
Closed Thread