Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2001, 11:42 PM   #1  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default ~night Owls 20~

To Jen - I didn't realize your dad was ill. Mine is too. He had a biopsy today due to several tumors in his colon and intestine. We'll have a very long wait this week. I'll keep your father in my prayers.

I had MY surgery today and boy am I hurting now!!!!! Was feeling great for most of the day......SURE.....they pumped enough drugs into me to make an elephant happy! Anyway, it's since worn off and even my Vicaden (TWO of them) isn't cuttin it. Can you all say OUCH!!!!!!! )(*)((^^%$#$@(*)(^%%^$$% !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
because I've been saying it all night! Oh boy....can't wait for P.Therapy tomorrow at 9am.......
There turned out to be alot more tissue than they thought so I'm a bit more sore than I had planned on but in the long run....it will be worth it....or so they say.

I HAVE been doing well OP. NOT getting all of my water in though so I'll have to make sure I nip that in the bud NOW!!!!!

AND WHERE IS EVERYONE?????!!!!!! I know...we all have lives....but you have a life here too, you know! I mean....this IS your second home.........(isn't it?) heh-heh.
Come out and play when you all get some time, will ya?
By the way.......Suebee........I don't suppose you remember the "KASHI" I was supposed to send you....do you??? Well, guess what I found out in the garage today? Your PACKAGED and ready to go box of Kashi FULL OF ANTS!!!!!!
So, now that I remembered I'm supposed to send you some KASHI....I'll get another box.....(unless you want the kind with extra protein....as in ants) and get it out to you asap. Sorry about that. I've been really spaced out lately and I know it's because of the pain killers. I don't remember anything I'm supposed to anymore. I must seem like a real "air-head" to so many people that meet me for the first time. Anyway, I'm starting to FINALLY feel some of the pain killer I just took so I'm going to bed before I fall asleep in this chair again.
Sweet Dreams everyone.
~Pamela~

P.S. - Ally - LOVED the album. Irish and Missy could pass for twins! I didn't realize he was a standardbred!
Old 09-11-2001, 06:43 AM   #2  

pj- i remeber when we were at that stage the wondering and the waiting is terrible. i've learned that you tell the ones you love that you love them everyday. i live about 70 miles from my parents and that makes it harder because i don't get to see them everyday. most days i do talk to them though. thanks for the prayers, and i'll be praying for your dad too.
also for your family because it's just as hard on the rest of you as it is on them.

did they say how long that you'd be off of your feet? have fun w/p.therapy. can you say OUCH cause i bet you say more than that before you're through.

wi is today for me i'm off today but instead of going this morning i'll go this afternoon. i'm going to suck down a bunch of water until about 12:00 and leave here about 3:30 that will put me there about 4:30 plenty of time for the water to be out of my system.

hope everyone has a good day
Old 09-11-2001, 01:07 PM   #3  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

It's finally happened! - The U.S. has been touched by war and exactly in the two hot spots I said it would be.....Washington and New York! It's all so surreal......I'm still in shock and listening to the t.v. in the background as I type. Say a prayer for all those who have lost loved ones and for the ones who are still missing but may be alive.

Jen - My father HAD cancer in 1974. They found a polyp in his throat and is was malignant. Had radiatioin therapy and couldn't speak for over a year. So....we've "been there, done that" with him but it's still not a very pleasant thing to go through. I just got off the phone with him and you know where he just got back from? Golf!
THAT'S MY DAD! Heh-heh.....He said he feels fine but that he played the worst game of his life and I just said "well gee Dad, ya think it might be because you have some other things on your mind besides golf today?"

Well, my pain killers kicking my butt right now and I'm starting to nod off. Just as well....I need a nap before the kids get home from school. I'll catch you later. Don't forget to keep your flags at half mast for those who died today.
~Pamela~
Old 09-11-2001, 03:01 PM   #4  
Is is spring yet??

Hi!

Well today is a terrible day - don't you all think?? As you may or may not know - I live in Boston - and I was TERRIFIED! I work in a high rise building (not a federal one - thank god) and I couldn't wait to get home. I left around 10:30 and it was MAHEM!

I was so shocked to hear the 2 planes that hit the WTC were hijacked from Boston - I mean that frightens me so much! This is why I do NOT fly!

I am definately saying prayers for everyone involved here. I just hope nothing else happens now (but who knows). I mean this isn't supposed to happen here!!!!

Please continue to pray - this day will definately be in the history books!

Tara
Old 09-11-2001, 04:00 PM   #5  

Just a quickie, I am at work. I work in Worcester and they shut the whole worcester center down because there is a federal building there. We have been nervous all day, what a horrible thing to have happen. My gosh I just don't believe it. I hope everyone has no family who was hurt by this.

Keep everyone in our prayers

Bren
Old 09-11-2001, 05:18 PM   #6  
Teacher chick

I've been on the verge of tears all day. I suspended teaching and turned on the tv in my classroom. This WAS learning. This is history. This is something I never thought I'd see in my lifetime. My brother, Jack, works in Manhattan and we weren't able to reach him. Thankfully, he was able to call after a few hours.

This is the largest domestic act of terrorism ever in our country.

I still am in shock.
Old 09-11-2001, 07:44 PM   #7  
Is is spring yet??

Unhappy

Judy -

You are right - I never in my life thought I would see the day where the United States would be attacked as it was today. Its just so horrific - I can't understand it!!!

This is certainly history - our lives have changed FOREVER!

I just hope this is the end of it - I mean too many people have lost their lives as it is - Its just awful!

Tara

P.S. I am glad to hear your brother was ok! How scary for you all - thank god it worked out.
Old 09-11-2001, 08:32 PM   #8  
Getting back on track!

Hi Owls!

To all you sick owls feel better.

Judy-Glad your brother is ok. I had family near the WTC and at the Pentagon and they are all ok as well.

My prayers are will everyone as we try to cope with this tradgedy. Please stay safe. Moments like this make you take time to say THANK YOU for being such wonderful friends. I am so glad to have each and everyone of you in my life.

Love

Setina
Old 09-12-2001, 10:09 AM   #9  

morning owls,

happy to know all of you are safe.

here in the south things are touched too. things closed yesterday, people afraid it wasn't over and not knowing who MIGHT be next. this is truely awful. my hubby's grandfather said that this was WORSE than pearl harbor was because then we knew who we were fighting. now we don't YET.

the malls were closed here and all the banks closed early and i'd bet all of the state,county, and federal buildings closed too i don't know for sure on that though.

i read on the bootcamp site a girl said if we stopped our daily lives then the terrorists had won i see alot of sense in that. that is what they want.

i did find a weighin point at a church here and w/everything i maintained this past wk whew. i was happy w/that. since it's been such a stressful week for me and then w/all that went on yesterday too. my dad cleaned out his truck for the last time yesterday too. mom said he's having a fair week so far.today they're signing him up on terra which is for people w/terminal diseases. THANKS for all of your prayers, i'm coming to terms w/time maybe short now.

well i'm going to catch a nap i work tonight and tomorrow night this week and i'm off until monday WOOHOO.

pj hope the leg is not bothering you too bad, remember it will get better get you a coffee can that way you don't have to hobble to the potty while you get all of your water in. heheh
Old 09-12-2001, 07:10 PM   #10  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Hey Jen - I have to apologize. I did not realize your father was terminal. As if you didn't have enough to think about.....then we get THE NEWS yesterday. You've certainly got your hands full and I'm keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. E-mail me any time. I know I'm a "yacker" but I'm also a "good listener" as well.

I don't have very much to say....too much going on in my head as I try to sort all of this out and explain it to my 13 year old the best I can. All I know to do is tell her to "keep her faith". That is the true strength we ALL can have at a time like this. ~FAITH~

If any of you are interested, look up PSALM 34:4 - MATTHEW 10:28 - 2TIMOTHY 1:7 and HEBREWS 13:5,6 for answers to being AFRAID. Got it from a site called GOD'S YELLOW PAGES ........and for BEING WORRIED.....look up MATTHEW 6:19 and 1PETER 5:6

Hope this helps.
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!!
Old 09-13-2001, 10:05 AM   #11  

PJ-- no apologies are necessary , one thing i've learned this week is it could definately be worse for us like some of the families in NYC and DC. I guess it's GOD'S way of letting us know that things in our lives might be bad but it can get worse.

Luckily my son is only 4 yrs old so i don't have to try to explain what's all went on this week.

hope all of you are still safe and sound,
Old 09-13-2001, 11:48 AM   #12  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Hang in there everyone!
Old 09-13-2001, 06:30 PM   #13  

Default Wow, what a horror!

Oh my gosh, I just can't believe what has happened and what may yet to come. I don't want my children to have to through a huge war, which may be a possibility now. I just can't imagine anything worse. My children are so scared and so am I.

I am so glad you are all allright and your loved ones too. We are all wearing red white and blue to work tomorrow out of respect. I feel so bd for the victims and their families. I hope it is over and this doesn't turn into an even huger tragedy.

I will talk to you all again soon.

Bren
Old 09-13-2001, 08:58 PM   #14  
Teacher chick

We are too, Bren. I went to a department store and found a gorgeous shirt that looks like a flag.
Old 09-14-2001, 03:43 AM   #15  

Still in shock and disbelief here! How could this happen???????? Good to hear that you owls are ok..hope we hear from more!
Closed Thread