Old 01-05-2006, 03:53 PM   #1  

Question Still Learning

Hi, I'm on my 5th day of LAWL and still have a few questions. Everytime I sit down to write my questions out for the center, of course I can't think of them.

1. Are there any "free" foods that we can eat? (if I'm still hungry and have eaten my P,V,F,S, etc. for the day)

2. Can fitness water (ex: Propel) take place of a regular glass of water or does it need to be counted as an additional beverage?

3. Does ANYone have ideas or suggestions as to what alcoholic drinks are okay if you drink a few of them?

Any advise, tips, or success secrets are greatly appreciated!! Thanks!
lacey125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 04:07 PM   #2  

I know the answer to #3! You can use other portions for alcohol - 3 oz. wine is 1F, lite beer (don't remember the amount, cause I don't drink it) is 1S, regular beer is 1S + 1F, 1 oz. liquor is 1S...at least, I think that's how it works? I THOUGHT the exchanges were in the latest booklet, but I haven't seen mine in 6 months so who knows?
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 04:08 PM   #3  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Hi Lacey, and

Free foods include things like SF FF Jello, chocolate syrup, sugarless candy and gum. Also, try a cup of hot tea for the munchies. If you're still hungry, I'd go for an extra serving of veggies, as they have the fewest amount of calories of any real foods.

About drinking... To get the most bang for your OP (On Plan) buck, shoot for red wine. 3 oz counts as 1 serving of fruit. A 12 oz. lite beer counts as a S, a regular beer counts as a F and a S, and a 1 oz. shot of liquor counts as a S.

Not sure about the fitness water, I would only say that if its got any calories in it, that it would count as a beverage. Maybe someone else will be more help on that one...
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 04:26 PM   #4  

Condiments are free like cool whip, and jell-o…look in your guide for some more, that’s all I can think of. also you get sugar free candy and gum free. Chewing gum helps me sometimes.

Fitness water will be an additional beverage and the way to count it is listed….if it falls under certain guidelines it will be a freebie, but still not count as water.

Wine is fruit and the rest of the beverages are listed in the beverage section of the guide. Take a look through the entire guide. I didn’t read my whole thing till much later and I found out so much stuff.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 04:31 PM   #5  
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Height: 5'1"

In the gold booklet, I have to count light chocolate syrup and SF gelatin as a condiment and can only have up to 3 condiments a day. I can only have 3 each of SF candy and gum. It also says that only soduim-free, plain seltzer may be substituted for fresh water. Flavored water has a limit of 24oz. a day.

My center told me if I'm still hungry after I get in all my food, I should eat another serving of veggies and the only thing I can find that's unliminted is decaf coffee or decaf herb tea.
dawn78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 04:58 PM   #6  

lacey - The Propel is really good, but it is 10 calories per 8 oz. Legally on LA it isn't ok.
If you are still hungry they will tell you to drink more water or eat more veggies....It will only take a short time for your stomach to shrink and the hunger will go away in a week or two....
The alcoholic counts are in your book. I don't drink as I don't want to give up the starches or fruits........for only 1 or two drinks....
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 05:27 PM   #7  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

YAH SURE Star. So that's cherry Crystal Light in the big glass, right?
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 05:41 PM   #8  

I'm entering this late, but I'd be tempted to count the propel like crystal light. But check with your center - and if they don't know, ask them to check with the nutrionist since it's so close in calories as crystal light.

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 05:43 PM   #9  
Katie

Height: 5'1

That was funny, Carmen
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 08:46 AM   #10  

Carmen - Okay you busted me. Actually that picture was taken on vacation in Flordia about 3 years ago.........When DH and I were dating. Back then I did drink, but it is very rare now.....I'm even 'more' annoying when I drink.....
Star is offline   Reply With Quote