General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 02:54 PM   #1  
Getting back on track

Height: 5' 9"

Question Unlimited long distance plans?

does anyone use an unlimited INTERNET LD plan? I need to be able to dial in to do my transcription and work via the internet at the same time. I got a sales ad today from Vonage and saw an internet ad from them today as well.

Does anyone have any info on them??

Thanks!
Old 01-05-2006, 04:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

Default Vonage

That is our carrier. What info do you need. You can find most of it online.
Old 01-06-2006, 10:07 AM   #3  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

It really depends on where you live and your internet company. I use Vonage, and I have never had a problem with it. The sound is the same quality as a normal land line, and it never disconnects calls or anything like that--it's the same as a normal phone. However, we live in a very urban area (JUST outside of DC), so we have a very strong cable internet connection. If you live somewhere where you have a weak signal or you have frequent internet outages, it's probably not a good idea. I have a coworker who lives further away from the city and said their Vonage sucked--always sounded like static and unclear, but I have never had this problem.

You may also want to check with your cable/internet provider--a lot of companies are now offering cable phone service (around here, anyway--don't know how widespread it is yet).
Closed Thread