Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 08:57 PM   #1  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Default ~~ Thin Wannabees "new Year 2006" Mini Challenge ~~

Calling All Thin Wannabees!

Well, the holidays are soon behind us (New Years is just 2 days away) so I thought we needed a new challenge thread - How about we make this one for January and February to get us started ... then we can make another small one for March and April .. and so on.

I would love for us to check in at least once a week with our progress - if you have a loss, or are the same, or "gained" (remember, confession is good for the soul) ... whatever your goal is just check in and let us all know how you are doing.

I'm going to really stretch here and go for 15 lbs! I realize I have to get really serious and I have to get back in the habit of drinking lots and lots of water - I've been slacking in that area really bad! As far as exercise - we won't even go there for now - lol. So, my goal will be to lose 15lbs (or more) and to drink at least 80 oz water daily!

So, what's your goal??? Come on, hope to hear from everyone! If we do a lot of mini goals - we could get to or close to our total goal by the end of 2006! How cool would that be?

Love, CJ
Thin Wannabees Moderator
Old 12-29-2005, 11:50 PM   #2  
Learning To Fly...

S/C/G: 307/Ticker/150

Hey There!

I will say my goal(s) for January and February are: To start cleaning up my eating, start exercising at least 30 minutes 3-5 times a week, and TRY to lose 5-10lbs!
Old 12-30-2005, 09:24 AM   #3  
Movin on down the scale

My goal for Valentines day is 165lbs! That will be 9lbs in 6 weeks. I am pretty sure I can do it. That will give me a 50lb total loss, and then leave that last 10lbs to loose before my bday in March.
Old 12-31-2005, 02:44 PM   #4  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Hi Thin Wannabees!

I would like very much to join your group and your challenge. My name is Debbie {Sherry's friend}. I too realize I need to get serious with my weight. I had lost some before the holidays but guess what...yep I've put it all back on. My main goal for 2006 is to get healthier and feel better and the first thing is a good weightloss program.
Starting with 15 pounds before Valentines day.

I look forward to getting to know all of you.

Deb
Old 01-01-2006, 04:00 PM   #5  

I want to join too. I am new to this site but love it. My goal for Jan/Feb is to weigh 245. That would be a loss of 12 pounds but I am hoping that 1-2 pounds a week will be an average. I have just begun my journey (again). My other goal is to exercise at least twice a week for at least 30 minutes each time.
Old 01-02-2006, 12:29 AM   #6  
I'll call him Con Queso!!

Ok! I'm really going to push myself here! I got a 6 week membership to the gym for Christmas and need to use it! I went today, that's good start!
Here's my goal: to excercise 5 days a week
-to drink 2 liters of water per day (I have a 1 liter water bottle)
-to lose 10 lbs by January 29th.
I would like to lose that 10 lbs by the 16th, when we go to AZ, but that's totally not realistic for me.
Old 01-02-2006, 12:37 AM   #7  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

Well, I already joined an April Fools challenge and that is to lose 27 pounds by April 1st. So if I break that up then that would mean that I for my challenge with you guys I would lose 18 pounds between January and February. Good luck everyone...
Old 01-02-2006, 12:48 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 210/181/137

Height: 5'2.5"

Hi there,

After too much food and alcohol while on vacation over the holidays, I'm ready to turn over a new leaf. I'm tired of feeling uncomfortable in my clothes and unattractive. My goal is to get out of the obese zone (my BMI is 36) and into the merely overweight zone and finally by August 2006 into the ideal zone. I'm ready to begin losing weight!
Old 01-02-2006, 09:55 AM   #9  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Welcome everyone! Glad to see so many joiing this challenge - we can do this!

A big welcome to Trixie, Debbie, Trina, and Kikisugar who have joined in with us for the first time. I hope you will post with us often and please do feel free to come join us in our regular chit chat also. We would love to have you.

Well, I stayed OP all day yesterday - even drinking my water - until ..... last nite when I broke down and ate a small piece of chocolate. But I feel I did good and am not going to worry about it .. today is a new day and I'm just going to take it one day at a time! I'm trying to get myself back on my lo-carb way of eating ... I feel so much better without all the sugar in my system. Besides, I don't want to be the "last one standing" when all of you reach your mini goals! LOL

Good luck everyone! Talk to you all soon!

Love, CJ
Old 01-02-2006, 12:02 PM   #10  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Good Morning All

Thanks you for all the "welcomes". I already feel at home here. Today is the first day of my new way of life. I also I'm doing the low-carb plan. It has worked for me in the past but I have never reached my goal weight. { Until now}
I got my scales out, from where they were hidden..lol. AND they don't work anymore. Hubby has gone to Walmart to buy me a new one. I know about what they will say, but just wanted to weight this morning to start things off right.

My plan for today....to stay OP...to walk...and drink 3 glasses of water!!

Hope everyone has a great day...Deb
Old 01-02-2006, 12:03 PM   #11  

My goal is to lose 15 lbs. by Valentine's Day (my wedding anniversary!)

I have been a yo-yo for years and now it's time to get it off! I was doing WW and lost it all, gained it back....then did low-carb and gained it all back. I'm doing low-carb again this time. My starting weight is 202 lbs. (I can't believe that I got down to 168 at one time!)

I can do it!!! We ALL can do it!!!
Old 01-02-2006, 06:57 PM   #12  
Carol

Hello to all, I am Carol. Sherry & Debbie are old friends of mine but I haven't done much to keep in touch with them lately. I lost 55 lbs a couple of years ago but alas I put it back on. I lost my dad June 24th this year and my father-in-law November 29. My mom is fighting colon cancer and my mother-in-law is in a nursing home. As you can see it has been a really bad year. I am ready for some happier times and to lose some of this extra weight I am carting around. If you have room for one more I would love to join your group. I weighted in at 190.5 yesterday so it is time to change my ways. My goal is to lose 15 lbs by Valentines Day!

Carol

Last edited by Carol101; 01-02-2006 at 07:31 PM.
Old 01-02-2006, 08:23 PM   #13  

I made it through the day and I even exercised. Yeah! Thanks for the welcome and the support. I know we can do this!
Old 01-02-2006, 10:22 PM   #14  
I'll call him Con Queso!!

I half a liter left to go for the day. I did really good today. And I got in a great workout. My tummy muscles are quite sore after 3 days of working them hard. Can't wait to say goodbye to that bulge!
Good luck to everyone and welcome to al the newbies! We're all in the same boat and need to stay afloat!
Old 01-04-2006, 11:54 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 196/150/150

I'm in Valentine's Day challenges, so will use my same goals from those......

* Remain on induction until Feb. 14
* Exercise min. 5x/wk (min. 5 hrs/wk now, 10 hrs/wk by Jan. 14, 15 hrs/wk by Feb. 14)
* Drink min. of 100ozs water every day
* Wear size 14 jeans by Feb. 14
* Be 167lbs (or less!) by Feb. 14

G'luck everyone!!!!!!
Closed Thread