Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-02-2006, 03:49 PM   #1  

Smile I'n Scared Of Failing.....again

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post so I hopefully won't ramble much. My name is Robin I'm 34 and live in Oklahoma. I have 2 great kids that I'm afraid one day will be embarassed by me. I'm 5'2''and about 210lbs. I'm going to do something that really scares me today,I'm gonna go buy a scale. By doing so it means that
I'm serious about losing weight or serious about wasting twenty bucks on something that'll just get hidden under a bed. Every year I promise myself it'll be different but I let myself down. So although the ''experts'' say you can only lose weight for yourself I'm gonna do this for my kids. So I can run with them without my knees hurting, so I can go on rides at the fair with them, and so (hopefully) when someone at school ask"who's your mom?" they won't point at someone else. I would sure appreciate a buddy to see me through those times when I want to graze the candy isle at Wal-Mart. I'll be happy to do the same. Thanks if you made it this far.

Ravismom
RAVISMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 04:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi Ravismom and welcome. Do you have a food and activity plan in mind?Maybe we can steer you toward some threads that will be helpful.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 05:21 PM   #3  
Movin on down the scale

Welcome and good luck, you will do fine as long as YOU are doing it for YOU!
GOOD LUCK
GonnaLooseitagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 05:38 PM   #4  

Default lets be buddies

I am also 34 and about 210lbs. I promised myself that the new year would bring some serious efforts of loosing this weight I have carried soo long. i feel as if i am already an embarressment to my teeanage son and husband.
i have always battled my weight and since I had my youngest son in February of 2003 I have had a hard time gettting the weight off. I have been as low as 130lbs in my adult life and now I am at my heaviest without being pregnant. I use to enjoy working out and being proud of my figure that resulted in the hard work and now I am ashamed.
I did start cutting out sweets today and do plan on the low carb high protein diet. I will do some exercise tonight,at least 10 minutes on my eliptical trainer.
To the other two that have replied before I, I am so impressed with ya'lls success.
emily34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 06:06 PM   #5  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

Default Head Game

Successful dieting/lifestyle change is soooo much a head game. There are times when I don't attempt to start a plan because I know mentally I'm not ready to commit. Give yourself credit for being ready to take the first step. Mostly you need to go in with an attitude that you will succeed because you can do it. It takes discipline and forgiveness when you fall. It's like taking a home based course through your college. If you take it because you want a grade and are too lazy to go to class or because you think it will be easier, you will fail because it takes more discipline to do it that way. If you know you can do it, commit to it, work at it, then working at your own pace will yield great results. It won't matter that you didn't stick to MWF exactly. What matters is that you took the time, the energy, the attitude to make it work in the end.

You can do it!
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 06:20 PM   #6  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Welcome!!! I think that doing it for your kids is just fine!!! I know for me, when I first started I couldn't do it for myself because I really didn't care for myself much at all, so I didn't really care to do it for me. Doing it for yourself will come later!

Good luck to you!!!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 01:00 PM   #7  

Thanks everyone for your kindness. I really don't have a diet plan, I'm just taking a moment and thinking before putting food in my mouth. I'm making sure that I'm really hungry and not just craving and I've replaced the junk food in my fridge with grapes,carrots andslimfast. Excersise seems to be a sticking point but I'm just doing things like parking father away from the grocery store or mall. I'd love to join a gym but I have a 2 year old that is always attached to me(I'm not complaining)but she doesn't seem to like anyone but me. I bought a Gazelle last year that makes a pretty good coat rack so I'm gonna dust that off and start using that while baby is asleep. I'm trying to aim for 10lbs at a time instead of thinking about the 80lbs of fat that are dragging me down right now. And as a reward all those dollars that would have went for candy,pop or chips are being tucked away for some new clothes and maybe a new haircut so I can walk proud again,look people in the eye again, and even smile again. Boy I talk too much. Good luck to all. Believe in yourself and your goal.
Ravismom
RAVISMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 01:46 PM   #8  
Beltyr99

Default scared too

Ravismom,

I understand how you feel. We all feel that way when we've been trying to lose weight over and over and over and over again. But you can't stop trying. If you keep trying, one day you'll succeed. Don't give up hope. Good luck!
Beltyr99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 07:26 PM   #9  

ravismom and everyone else out there make this time different. use you gazelle for at least 5 minutes tonight.
i didn't have any thing with sugar today and feeling a little withdrawalish but i handle it. i weighed today and was upset but determined.
lockitup, you are doing great. throw some of that determination to us will ya.
Old 01-03-2006, 08:30 PM   #10  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonnaLooseitagain
Welcome and good luck, you will do fine as long as YOU are doing it for YOU!
GOOD LUCK
CAn I jsut ask, in your sig you've got

Quote:
GW-150/160 Size 6/8
Would you really be that size at that weight?

I ask because I'm in the UK and when (many years ago) I was 140 I was a size 12.

I had no idea the sizings were so different over there - I thought it was only two sizes different, i.e. that our size 12 was your size 10.

I would need to be about 100 lbs to be a size 6.
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 09:50 PM   #11  

Its not an easy road, I've been down it several times before. But I want to be healthy before I turn 50 in 4 years. I can use all the help I can get, suggestions, buddies, etc.

Cathy H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 10:14 PM   #12  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

Default sizes

size/weight depends on the body frame and height. I weigh 177 and I'm a size 14. 150 would be a 12 (I've been there). I've never been a size 5/6. My lowest weight was 125 and I was a size 7/8.
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 05:26 AM   #13  

I am not really wanting to be a 7/8 or 9/10, even a loose 14 would be nice. I want and need to tone up my disgusting legs.. I'm ok with me from the waist up but from the waist down is another story. Any leg exercises that you know of?
Cathy H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 09:48 PM   #14  

another day without any sugar. tonight i had a double cheese burger without the bun. i weighed today and lost 2lbs since yesterday. hope i can keep this up.
Old 01-04-2006, 10:50 PM   #15  

Ravismom,
You need to tell yourself that you are doing a wonderful thing for you and your kids. There is nothing better than being able to keep up with their energy and not being in pain. It is for you!! Having a "prize" at the end of a small goal is a great idea. Don't think you "talk" too much. Share your thoughts and questions. That's so important.
Figgykitty is offline   Reply With Quote