General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 12-29-2005, 02:51 PM   #1  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Default What Are You Listening To?

We had such a spirited discussion about our tastes in music, I thought we could expand on it here.

What's in your player?

What are your favorite genres?

Some of your favorite artists?

Favorite Songs?
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 03:02 PM   #2  
Katie

Height: 5'1

All time favorite country song: Young Love, by the Judds
Favorite Oldies: Eve of Destrucion
Fave 90's song: Black Velvet
These days: Anything that Nickleback does is gold in my world.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 03:02 PM   #3  
Choc Thunder

What's in your player?
I have a mix cd that I made at home in my player. Right now it's playing "Everything She Wants" by Wham, and Sexual Healing just went off.

Favorite Genres?
70s Soul and Funk, 80s Pop, Reggae, Gospel, Some Jazz

Favorite Artists?
Rick James, Gregory Isaacs, EWF, Stevie Wonder, Sting, India.Arie, No Doubt, Marvin Gaye, AWB, Dottie Peoples, also liked Tears for Fears, New Edition, Culture Club, Basia, Whitney Houston and uh I do like Neil Diamond.

Favorite Songs:
Don't Disturb This Groove-The System, Fly Away-Lenny Kravitz, Got to Give it Up-Marvin Gaye, Joy-Blackstreet, Lovely Day-Bill Withers and many many others.

Last edited by Chklithunder; 12-29-2005 at 03:25 PM.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:05 PM   #4  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

We have over 24,000 songs in our iTunes...my DH is a musician (not his day job) and is a HUGE music fan. he really loves Funk/Reggae and Soul and I am more into popular music (although I LOVE 70's and 80's stuff too) ..my 2 year old loves Kelly Clarkson and can sing the words to "Fool of Everyone" by Jet. Right now, my latest burned CD's that I mix for the car include "You're Beautiful" by James Blunt, "Speed of Sound" by Coldplay, Green Day, Avril Lavigne, Led Zepplin's "In the Evening" and "Gold Digger" by Kanye West...we REALLY run the gammit. My DH's iPod is really more old school stuff...im the pop-goddess.
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 03:05 PM   #5  
banned

We have over 24,000 songs in our iTunes...my DH is a musician (not his day job) and is a HUGE music fan. he really loves Funk/Reggae and Soul and I am more into popular music (although I LOVE 70's and 80's stuff too) ..my 2 year old loves Kelly Clarkson and can sing the words to "Fool of Everyone" by Jet. Right now, my latest burned CD's that I mix for the car include "You're Beautiful" by James Blunt, "Speed of Sound" by Coldplay, Green Day, Avril Lavigne, Led Zepplin's "In the Evening" and "Gold Digger" by Kanye West...we REALLY run the gammit. My DH's iPod is really more old school stuff...im the pop-goddess.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:08 PM   #6  
banned

sorry for the duplicates! I was having trouble with 3FC's server- DOH!!!!
Old 12-29-2005, 03:12 PM   #7  
Choc Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo girl
Fave 90's song: Black Velvet
These days: Anything that Nickleback does is gold in my world.

Yes Katie Black Velvet is really cool. I also really liked Kryptonite by 3 Doors Down and 2 Princes (oldy) by I think it was the Spin Doctors?
Old 12-29-2005, 03:13 PM   #8  
banned

OMG, my kids love Nickleback, LOL! (age 7,4 and 2!) No Barney playing in our car
Old 12-29-2005, 03:33 PM   #9  
Katie

Height: 5'1

I am also a fool for 60's and 70's protest music.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 03:52 PM   #10  

Well, Katie -that would go with the Peace sign! (a bit of trivia - my mom went to the same high school in Manhattan, NY as Peter of Peter, Paul and Mary - and at the same time, too.. )

I am so bad with song names, groups, etc. . . I fear buying music because it's overwhelming!

(I like Neil Diamond, too, though. .)
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 04:03 PM   #11  

What's in your player? Martina McBride

What are your favorite genres? Country, Rock

Some of your favorite artists? Tim McGraw, Faith, Judds, Dixie's (prior to dumb statement), Fleetwood Mac, Doors, Cher, Stevie Wonder, Smokey, Prince, Toby Keith, Stones

Favorite Songs? All time fav "I Swear" John Michael Montgomery
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 04:31 PM   #12  

Okay - this could get embarrassing!

I was born in 1963 with an uncle who went to Vietnam when I was 5. He was a huge Beatles fan and, since I adored Uncle Neal, I fell in love with the Beatles at 5 years old. We watched Beatle cartoons together on Saturday mornings when I spent the night at my Granny's house. So, the Beatles areIT for me. John Lennon was my man and I was going to marry him. DH took me to see Beatlemania in Houston, Texas the very night that John was murdered. I got home from my date, turned on the television to the announcement that John had been gunned down in front of the Dakota apartments and I screamed. Scared my parents to death.

In my player right now: Third Day's Come Together

Favorite genres: Christian, rock (I suppose it would be oldies now)

Favorite artists: Third Day and Newsboys are my favorites in Christian. I love 70s rock bands (Eagles, Chicago, Kansas, Boston, Journey - love Journey!!) I admit to having a major crush on Barry Gibb of the Bee Gees (saw them in Houston in '79 - John Travolta appeared on stage - ) Early 70s I was in love with David Cassidy & Donny Osmond! Of course, later it was the BeeGee's, Peter Frampton, Andy Gibb - and always, always, John Lennon.

Favorite Song: In My Life - the Beatles

Andi
wtxchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 05:09 PM   #13  

Andi - I was born in 1959, so we have similar memories - I loved the 70 rock bands, too - Boston, Kansas (that's an angsty one for me. .)

Wasn't it the 25th anniversary of John's death a few weeks ago?
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 06:08 PM   #14  

What's in your player? actually it's still my motown Christmas CD
India.Arie, Destiny's child (just the "cater to you song" it grew on me ), Musiq Soul child, John Legend, Baby Face, Kirk Franklin's Hero CD and the rest out my old mixes. I just made a CD with early Janet Jackson, the Jets, Cool in the Gang, New Edition (the real one in the 80's ), the old LL cool J and Hi-five and I am loving it. Donald Lawrence, Reed's Temple

What are your favorite genres? Neo-Soul, some R&B (soem of what they are callign R&B now is far from it), some POP (I love that song that goes..."I don't want to be anything other than what I been trying to be lately"...don't knwo who it is), can listen to country, love old soul music from the 70's (temptations, earth wind and fire..etc) Gospel

Some of your favorite artists?
I still buy/burn evey Janet Jackson CD...but I am ussualy dissapointed that it is not as good as the old stuff.
Love anything by India.Arie, Angie Stone, Musiq Soulchild, John Legend

Favorite Songs?
all time:
computer love- I think Zap
around the way girl-ll cool j
brenda's got a baby- 2pac
tender roni- bobby brown
if I ever fall in love again- Shai
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 09:16 PM   #15  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

What's in your player? Right now, I have Paul McCartney in my car. I also play Toby Keith, Jodee Messina, Little Texas, Sammy Kershaw.

What are your favorite genres? Country is my fave, also 70's and 80's. (Which is a perfect fit with my job because I work for radio stations that play both) I'm an 80's child. Contemporary Christian.

Some of your favorite artists? Toby Keith, Faith Hill, Tim McGraw, Beatles, Elvis, Martina McBride, Sammy Kershaw.

Favorite Songs? Anythin by Sammy Kershaw, It's your Love by Faith and Tim, and believe it or not...Could I have this Dance by Anne Murray.
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote