Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-03-2006, 08:11 PM   #1  
On My Way!

Default After 4 months, I'm ready to get serious again!

I haven't been to 3FC for awhile, and I think my old support group has disintegrated, so, I thought I'd post my new goals to everyone here.

I started on a weight-loss journey back in March 2005, and for some reason, after many false starts in the last 10 years, everything just clicked. I ate a diet of whole grains, lots of fruits and veggies, cut my sugar and fat intake WAY back and journaled everything that went into my mouth (using fitday.com). By August I had lost 43 lbs, weighed 157 lbs and went from a size 18/20 to a size 12. I was also much fitter, mostly from doing yoga, but also from walking often and running a little. ( I have 3 little kids, so getting out to excercise is limited--and when I take them with me, it's s l o w.)

After attending a family reunion in late August, I relaxed my regimen some and didn't journal anymore. I fell out of the habit for some reason. I also didn't practice my yoga regulary, finally stopping altogether. I did fine for some time, maintaining my weight around a range of 158-162, but I lost the muscle tone I had, and don't look nearly as good in my size 12 pants (much less naked!). And now, I am back up to 168!

So, I'm back with the new year to get back on track and not only lose what I gained back, but get to my goal of 135 lbs. I need this forum for support and will check in regularly. Hopefully I will run into my old buddies and make new friends as well.

Happy New Year everyone! Let's do it!
Serafyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 08:40 AM   #2  
SuperFreak

S/C/G: 330/319/150

Height: 5"5

Yes when we let go all the stuff we had been doing the weight is pretty fast to creep up on us and slap us in the face. This was a learning lesson. You understand what you did was wrong and you know what you need to do..
Do a nike and JUST DO IT !!!.
You can do it.
MorticiaAddams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 12:28 PM   #3  
On My Way!

Thanks for chiming in here Morticia! Glad to see you're still at it and doing well. I remember you from when I visited regularly!

I do know what I've done wrong. I just hope I can get back on track and have the success I was having before. I know it takes work. I just need to focus. Trouble is I have lots to focus on right now, since I'm recently seperated from my husband and about to move and am looking for work again after staying at home with my kids for 4.5 years. I'm a little overwhelmed. Yet I know that exercise and good nutrition will help me through this stressful time.

I did my 45 minute yoga routine this morning, for the second morning in a row. (first time to do two mornings in a row in a LONG time!) I stayed below my calorie limit yesterday, even though I gave in and cheated with some late night snacking. I will try to stay on track all the way through today. Just got to keep on trying!

Thanks for the support!
Old 01-04-2006, 02:50 PM   #4  
SuperFreak

S/C/G: 330/319/150

Height: 5"5

Andrea
I hear ya stress is one of the most common factors for alot of us that are having troubles in getting over. But the main thing we need to do as much as we dont do it. Is put ourselves first.
Especially now that your going back to work. And trying to maintain the single life with kids.
Exersising is a wonderful stress buster. I miss it. I have began my daily workouts again and I forgot just how much I looked forward to my time at the gym. Hang in there and take care.
MorticiaAddams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 03:40 PM   #5  

Wow, I feel like I have sort of lived your story. I got down to 155, size 11/12... and then I sort of maintained but lost muscle... and now, I'm up to 161... was up at 164 earlier this week. So I am definitely with you. WE CAN DO THIS! (Our goal weights are similar, too!)
erikatheloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 04:08 PM   #6  
On My Way!

Morticia, you said it! Exercise is an awesome stress-buster! I've done my yoga everyday for the past 5 days, and it has made ALL the difference in the world in my outlook. I have no tension in my shoulders, even when the mostaggravating things happen (like having car problems crop up right before I need to travel to Portland, 3 hours away, for job interviews!). I'm loving getting back to this! It feels great!

Oh, and I know some HAS to be water weight, but this week, I've gone from 168 to 160.4!!! And I'm seeing some definition, too. Yoga is such great deep conditioning exercise, too. Surprisingly fast results!

Erica, I like your attitude! You're right, we CAN do this. It's nice to come here and share and motivate each other, too. Thanks for the cheerleading!
Old 01-07-2006, 04:10 PM   #7  
On My Way!

Hmmm...I updated my ticker, but now it's not showing at all...or is it?
Old 01-07-2006, 04:35 PM   #8  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

It is in the first post - maybe the box to not show the signature was checked?
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 05:45 PM   #9  
On My Way!

Okay...weird. It was there in my last post - I checked it after posting, and it was there. Now it's gone. Too weird.
Old 01-07-2006, 05:53 PM   #10  
On My Way!

Drag...apparently a change has been made. I don't like it, but here is a link to the announced change:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71887
Old 01-07-2006, 08:17 PM   #11  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Oh well - at least we know why....I guess my sig won't be on this post. It kinda makes sense - some signatures practically take up a whole page.
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote