General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2001, 08:15 PM   #1  

Default Success with SlimFast #8 -started thread 08/29/01

So how is everyone doing....

Does anyone know if it is possible to order SlimFast off the internet anywhere?
Old 08-30-2001, 09:06 AM   #2  

Hello!

Just found a black looks like a thread/fiber in my shake but it was enough to gross me out. Only drank 1/2 of my shake.

I realized for me, that I don't seem to get as full when I drink the strawberry or vanilla shakes. But the chocolate shakes always make me feel full. The vanilla shakes are the least satisfying. I have a new box of vanilla that I don't want to open. The chocolate seems twice as thick as the others too. Do they have equal ingredients, or does chocolate have more fiber or something?

I think I will investigate this today.

I am going to look at changes that I need to make to speed up my progress. I think my late night snack is very counter productive to my daytime efforts. So I need to stop buying the junk for DH and make him eat healthy snacks at night too. Because I always eat a very bad snack #3.

I wonder if eating soup for dinner will speed me up a lot?

Well I hope you all are good, when I find out if there are ingredient differences I will post them.

Old 08-30-2001, 10:27 AM   #3  

Default haven't posted in a while

Hi ladies,
I haven't been around for a while, but things are coming along. I have my shake (not slimfast) that keeps me going and I have a light lunch and dinner. The snacking is becoming less of a problem for me because I have learned whenever I think I'm hungry I drink a glass of water. And/ or I take a chewable fiber wafer that is very yummy. I can't talk about the specifics of my program because it is from a direct sales company and people here don't like that. But it is working for me- it is whole food based with nothing wierd in it.

the thing I am noticing when people post here what they ate there is little or no fruits and veggies. This is so important to our health let alone weightloss! Everything you read about health and nutrition is about getting more fruits and veggies. I know it is hard but it is so important.

Sorry to get on a soap box.

Best of luck to all of you!!
Old 08-30-2001, 01:22 PM   #4  

Do any of you go out to the Slimfast website? You can sign up as a member and track your weight, journal, etc....

I did this when I started. I need to weigh to show my progress.

It has some really good tips for dinners and snacks.

Oh well, I did break open the vanilla. It has filled me up some, not as good and chocolate though.

I must be making progress if the shakes are filling me up. That is a nice feeling. My tummy aches are getting less and less bad too.

Well my menu:
Breakfast: 1/2 shake
Snack1: Energy bar
Lunch:shake
Snack 2: Grapes
Dinner: ???????
Snack 3: Apple
Old 09-02-2001, 09:34 AM   #5  
Simply Noble

S/C/G: 320/258/175

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone. Sorry it's been a while since I posted that pic. My computer crashed on me and I could not see the results of the last post. I have been reprograming for the last three days. Anyway that pic is the current one so I'll try to post the old one now. If it does not work I'll try later.
I am back to loosing after about a month of no progress. I lost about 4 pounds in the last week. I had a major schedual changfe that really messed with my eating habbits. I now work days and have to have my meal at night. Those evenings in front of the tv are hard on the diet. Sometimes going on line and surfing gets me distracted from my munchies though. I have also been excercising more. Doing crunches and weights. My Body By Jake crunch machine is great and easy to use. The weights are in the basement so I am not to good about doing them. I alreaddy bench press 65 pounds so Iam not too bad in that dept. Well hare goes the attempt at the pic. For new ones the current one is on thread 7.
Old 09-04-2001, 09:46 AM   #6  

Cowgirl!! Wow you look great. I had to go back and look at the first picture. Did you lose all of your weight so far with Slimfast?

If so that is such a great boost for the rest of us.

You should be able to adjust to eating the dinner meal instead of lunch, although it may take a week or so to really get comfy with it.

I am really feeling encouraged now, thanks!!

Well I will come back later.

Not much to report, still running and drinking my slimfast.

Old 09-09-2001, 08:01 AM   #7  
Simply Noble

Thanks Jenny, yes I lost all of it with Slimfast! I lost more this week. I am finally used to the new shedual and I think it actually works better having the meal at night. I get so hungry sometimes at work but I have found that having a bowl of cereal (multi-grain) in the morning helps to stop that. Yesterday I almost forgot to have my shake for lunch! I have lost almost 10 more pounds and have reached the goal of getting below 250. Now to get below 250! I weighed in at 257 this morning! The last time I was this light was in 1993. Yes keep on going. We can do it if we just stick to the plan and don't get discouraged if we have a bad week\month or whatever. Lets all keep encouraging each other.

320\257\175
Old 09-09-2001, 08:04 AM   #8  
Simply Noble

oops I mistyped the previous old goal weight. It was to get below 260 not 250 which is the current goal. I tried to edit but could not do anything except delete.
Old 09-09-2001, 10:43 AM   #9  

Default cravings

Hi everyone,

I need some advice, I am still losing on the slimfast but the past week I have had a serious craving for anything sweet, I did indulge but found that instead of the craving going away it became worse I am determined to start again today and stick to it, as I was doing ok for the first two weeks.

Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks for listening

Brenda
Old 09-10-2001, 10:44 AM   #10  
Simply Noble

I get those cravings sometimes too. I try having a piece of fruit. If that does not work try Jello. It is full of sugar but no fat. How much carbs do you get a day? Sugar is a source of carbs and if you are not getting enough that could be causing the cravings. Try having a bowl of multi grain cereal with skim or 1% milk. Cravings usualy mean your body is trying to tell you it needs something. Most of the time it my cravings come from the fact that I keep my carbs very low in my meals. Slimfast does have a lot odf sugar and therefore a lot of carbs so I try to control it in my meal. Refined sugar, pasta and white rice are high in carbs and could slow or stop weight loss if you eat too much of it but your brain needs carbs to work right so you can't cut them out altogather. balance is the key. I once had the munchies for two weeks. I thought I wanted junk food and could not get rid of the hungar. One day I ate 1\2 bag of tortilias and sour cream and salsa. My munchies were gone the next day. I think I really needed the carbs! I started loosing more weight that week too.
Always listen to your body. Sometimes the message is important.
Hope this helps.
Old 09-10-2001, 04:39 PM   #11  

Unhappy

Cowgirl just gave you all a reason NOT to use Slimfast! I wanted something to take on a trip to have in the car, and I remember looking at the label on a Slimfast, and disgustedly putting it back on the shelf because of all the sugar in it! Jenni - you're diet has sugar from Slimfast and sugar from grapes (grapes are not allowed on my diet). No wonder you all are wanting snacks at night and getting cravings. I have cut my sugar to ZERO except for 1 raw fruit a day (and that's fructose, a good sugar), and I don't get afternoon blahs (low blood sugar) or evening munchies. Even if you run, you don't need glucose gels or sport drinks unless you go over 90 minutes.

For dieting, try a protein shake with no / low sugar instead and you'll feel much better. It'll help conserve your muscle mass too. Sorry to bash Slimfast, but why not eat healthy, whole foods and not depend on canned crap the rest of your life.

P.S. This is my first mean post, but I'm just trying to help.
Old 09-10-2001, 05:11 PM   #12  

Rhonwyn,

What fruits are low in sugar? I happen to catch this post (which I agree with you on, by the way) and found it interesting about certain fruits being worse than others. I'm trying to adopt the light carb/low sugar diet and I have heard berries are good. I like strawberries. What about cantaloup?

For everyone else...I'm not on the Atkins plan, but I do like his shakes. They taste like Slim Fast but have very low sugar and carb content. They also have 170 calories vs. 220 in the Slim Fast. They also fill me up longer. I drink one as a mid-day snack and it picks me up and holds me over until dinner without the sweet cravings. Anyone try them? they are quite pricey though!

Thanks alot!
Lisa
Old 09-10-2001, 08:20 PM   #13  

Rhonwyn

Your comments were duly noted and we are all entitled to our own opinion, however I was wondering if you ever had or do have a weight problem. What might work for one person might not necessarily work for another for me personally I didn't think that your comments were helpful, I feel that we are here to motivate each other and to give encouragement. I have chosen to use slimfast it is my choice. As for relying on tinned crap as you so delicately put it for the rest of my life is not going to happen. The shakes fit into my lifestyle and I as I only have to rely on planning one meal per day, I have found that on previous diets planning a full days menu left me more obsessed with food as well as deciding what I am going to eat each day. As for craving something sweet hey I am only human after all, if anything is wrong with my eating pattern at the moment is that I am not eating enough vegetables which are filling and very low in calories. It just felt to me that you were trying to give us some sort of lecture and for me personally it definately was not appreciated.
Old 09-12-2001, 05:45 PM   #14  

Rhonwyn -- I eat grapes cuz I like them. Who cares that they have sugar in them. I run 4-10 miles a day and yes I do crave sugar especially at night. I don't think grapes are the reason for it, and I do not eat grapes everyday. Actually the days I am ravenous at night are the days I eat like airpopped corn or celery sticks as snacks. Some people like sugar and I happen to be one of them.

I am not largely overweight, but do want to lose some pounds.

As for a dependency on canned foods for the rest of my life, I will assume that you grow your own foods and never buy anything from a grocery store except meat and fresh veggies (which are covered in chemical insecticides and most genetically engineered and the meat is pumped full of steroids). If you do buy canned foods and eat meat from a grocery store then you need to adjust your previous post.

I drink Slimfast because I cannot take vitamins without throwing up. As for low energy I have more now, I wake up better in the morning and I no longer fall asleep at my desk. When I run I drink water. I am not an idiot and know what to do when I run.

This thread is about SUPPORT for those using Slimfast. If all you are here to do is bash it, then you obviously don't understand what this thread is about. Insulting me and what I do in my life day to day isn't exactly the best way to get me to "see your light". I have tried practically every diet and I like this one. Case closed. I am sorry that you did not like it.

PS. I don't remember asking for your "help".
Old 09-12-2001, 07:40 PM   #15  
Simply Noble

Way to go bren and Jenny. If we wanted to be discouraged we would not be here! If you don't like it GET LOST! We all need a certain amount of sugar and where we choose to get it is our own buiseness. I lost 75 pounds on Slimfast and before you get on this kick no I don't have loose skin and no muscles! Someone else suggested that to me this week. I have great skin tone and am probably stronger than most of the "healthy weight" people out there!
Everyone responds diferently to different diets and it's not our fault you failed on Slimfast (you did try it before condeming it I hope!) This post is for people who are succeding and we don't need any negative attituds around here! Ronwyn you are not needed or apreciated here. If you want to contribute something positive than perhaps we may listen. Until then Goodbye!
For everyone else stick to it. We can do anything if we help each other and never give up or let others put us down fo our choices.
Closed Thread