Old 01-02-2006, 10:08 AM   #1  
loves kleenex box art

Default New Year's Resomootions

This resolution stuff is tough. I've already broken them all. They all involved diet and exercise by the way.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 10:19 AM   #2  

Well that was scary.. I was thinkin of the SAME title for a new thread..

Tomorrow me and DH start back on South Beach... MUST GET FIT!
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 10:33 AM   #3  
fatter than U

*puff puff* - THIS year we're all gonna be PERFECT, right?

(I ate chips yesterday)
SugP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 11:27 AM   #4  
The magic shrinking cow

All of my resolutions center around weight loss. (I'm saving being a nicer person resolutions for Lent.)

My resolutions are all activities designed toward losing two pounds a week (weigh-in on Monday). If I maintain these activities, but do not lose weight, I will not beat myself up.

Required:
1. Track my weight weekly and log my food daily at Weight Watchers (or on my computer, if I cancel my WW membership)
2. Exercise in some way 5 days a week (Sunday= Zumba, Monday= bellydance class & yoga, rest of the week is weights, cardio, or bellydance practice at home)
3. Stick to vegan McDougall plan six days a week
4. Post in my weight loss blog every day

Optional, but would help:
5. Read 3fc forum every day
6. Read Videofitness forums every day

(This is what I posted in my weight loss blog. There's more boring stuff over there.)

Perfection WILL be achieved!!!!
Cherry Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 03:33 PM   #5  
fatter than U

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry Cow
Perfection WILL be achieved!!!!
Resistance is futile!!
SugP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 07:16 PM   #6  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

DAMN COM-EFFIN-PUTER KEEPS KONKING OUT---- i can't STAND being without it---it has been tempermental for the last few days and SO have i been!!!--let's see---pms and a VERY messy house and six kids sleeping here and there and NOt one of them except ds11 in bed before three in the am----complete with phonecalls,lights never turned off and tv's blaring from everywhere---i am SURE that i have NOT slept for three hours straight in at least a month---before it was insomnia,now it's just living on Fifth Avenue---i would like to say ENOUGH complaining but i can't seem to stop---sissy and i went to an afternoon soiree with the glass asses and got to say EFF as much as we liked---it was lovely. i know that sounds crass,but if the {green} shoe fits--------------- here,my darling dd21 has decided to go back to university--this is GRAND as she still has access to the scholarship she won when she was three---- this will pay for half tuition as she is going to the local campus {hurrah!!!}-----she has two years in with english and history as her focus and her marks were good so that is making me SOOO happy---she applied for a student line of credit---that is quite popular around here---that way you don't need to prove need according to a parent's income----she just needs a co-sign and her father has offered---the other dd has lots of scholarship money but her school is alot more expensive since she is four hours away---SOOOO she has a student line as well------Money sucks.----okay----so i was wondering if we know anyone who has done the 'change one thing" diet----i saw the book and almost bought it----i cannot bear to do all the things at once------CHERRY YOUR LIST IS DAUNTING---I WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO DO ONE OF THOSE THINGS!!! YOU HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A GREAT EXCERCISER---YOU MUST BE IN GREAT PHYSICAL SHAPE!!=---- i bet your lung capacity with blow us out of the water~~!!!----i think it's better to be like you and be a consistant excerciser rather than an expert dieter!!!------------maybe i will start with water----------------
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 07:23 PM   #7  
loves kleenex box art

I have read Bagz's post and now I must take a nap.
Old 01-02-2006, 08:59 PM   #8  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA---- see i tole yas i would be BAAAAACk after the christmas rushhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! sarry for yer troubles~~~
Old 01-02-2006, 09:59 PM   #9  
loves kleenex box art

I am so glad you;re back. Why don't you have all the girls come to the puter and say hello??? DS has gone in his room and closed the door. I am not liking this. That girl should come right back.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:56 PM   #10  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

well,the ds 19's have headed back to university,the other step dd's are sleeping and the eldest dd has her own place---i am the only one up and about----i think ds has gone to his room to ruminate about his love,and likely they are msnnin up a storm-----dd's boyfriend's mother is always lamenting to me that her boys {she has three} don't tell her anything like girls do====she often asks me if i know what's going on and when her son is coming home and the like----i think it's a boy thing for sure!! don't fret----if he's in love with a nice girl you are already ahead of the game!
Old 01-03-2006, 07:30 AM   #11  
The magic shrinking cow

Bagzzie-- how is your DS old enough for a ladylove? How did that happen?? Also, welcome to the step dds! And yay for dd21 taking advantage of her scholarship!

Well, I am trying out a new doctor today. I suppose I will dig out those lab tests from ages ago and see what he thinks about the thyroid issue. I'm actually going for a different reason, to make sure the problem I had in September has truly cleared up, but I also want to talk to him about the weight thing, the thyroid thing, and, umm, something else, but I forgot.

I feel like I'm losing my mind. I can't remember anything any more!

I wonder if I should bother to tell him about my low basal body temps or if he's one of those who thinks that doesn't mean anything. (The other NIGHT, it was 96.5.)

I'm already depressed, because I just know he's going to tell me that all of my problems are because I'm fat. Never mind that I wasn't fat when they started.
Old 01-03-2006, 09:54 AM   #12  
Most boring housewife.

I have no resolutions. DD can not leave for college next week. Her thigh muscle is atrophying...how the he** do you spell that? .....and she must again be drugged to have her leg manipulated in PT. All this pain is getting to her, wearing her down. Plus, she is upset because when she is back on the Vicoden she can't drive and that means that not only are all her friends gone but she also has no life here because she is a prisoner in the house.

I didn't send cards. I should send some to my cousins, but I can't bear to explain this to people.

ach
Lush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 09:59 AM   #13  
loves kleenex box art

Ohhhh Lushy. Your darling girl!! There is nothing worthwhile I can say.

I didn't send cards either. Don't explain anything. Just say Happy 2006 and let it go.
Old 01-03-2006, 10:13 AM   #14  
The magic shrinking cow

Lush, how devastating for your daughter.
Old 01-03-2006, 10:41 AM   #15  

Lushie, soo sorry to hear about DD..wish we had a magic wand to make it all better for her and you...
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote