Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2001, 03:34 PM   #1  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Default Former chub club #16- September

Eat less...move more!

So, how is everyone doing? Itsworthit, your husband and you are in my prayers! Sandy-I am so jealous you got to meet online friends! Mailwhale-how are your new signs coming along? Have you rented any out yet? Karefree-where are you? It is almost fall, time to remodivate yourself! Cookiemommster-are you there? Oops? Karpie? Come out and play!
Old 09-02-2001, 02:11 PM   #2  

Hello everyone... thanks again for your concern and prayers - especially your email's, Audri - they've helped me know what to ask when I talk w/the surgeon afterwards. Dave goes in early Tues am, so probably won't be back on-line for a week or so, but hope you are all having a good start to Sept. - ditto's to Audri's questions... and yes, hope we see more of our old friends checking back in with us!

We are enjoying probably the most gorgeous day of the whole year, today - temps in the high 60's, bright blue sunny skies. light breezes and a day you can see forever!

Will update next week... it may be a long and bumpy ride, but know everything is in God's hands. TTYS
Old 09-05-2001, 10:12 AM   #3  
you can call me flower

This is really silly now! Where is everyone! At least come post that you are moaping and ate a whole box of twinkees, a bag of dorittos and washed it down w/ a case of soda!!!! Something!!!

Itsworthit, the scary day is over...how did it go? He'll be in ICU for a few days, not necessary because he needs it but because thats where you get to stay after that kind of surgury. Then he'll get a private room and he'll be begging to go home. Do you have movers lined up for moving day. (End of this month right?) You will have a guess from the surgeon on what type of tumor, if it was a solid mass or if it was "hairy" and infected other parts. (We had both) Then the lab gets it to test it....but most of the time the doc already knew. I wish you a solid ball surrounded in liquid. (the best kind) I really wish you weren't going thru this! Not fair! ~audri
Old 09-05-2001, 09:33 PM   #4  

Default This will be short as I see I have much reading to catch up on.

Itsworthit, I don't know exactly what is going on with you and Dave but my prayers are with you.

I will try to come back tomorrow with an update.

karefree
Old 09-05-2001, 09:45 PM   #5  

Default Another quick post.

Itsworthit, I told Paul about Dave and he wanted me to send his best wishes. You will be in our prayers.

Karen and Paul
Old 09-06-2001, 06:52 PM   #6  

Default Checked back in to see if there was any word....

Jean and Dave,

I am sure all of our thoughts are with you.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Karefree

PS Sandy, I remember Foxy well. They were putting a new roof on their house a few summers ago and the heat was sweltering and I remember something about an earthquake she went through. Tell her 'hi' . Way 2 sounds familiar too but I can't remember any details....
Old 09-06-2001, 11:50 PM   #7  

Hey now, I'm not held up with a box of twinkies and a case of pop...infact, I did post there somewhere between the 2nd and 5th of this month...where is it???? Strange.

Anyway, my thoughts and prayers are still with you and hubby Itsworthit. Gosh what a time.

I have been a good girl this week...and plan to stay that way until I am skinny!!!! lolololol, but I do plan to keep it up, why not???

Take care friends!
Old 09-07-2001, 08:44 PM   #8  

Hello everyone - we're home from the hospital. Dave's had his brain tumor surgery (procedure, they call it)... and he's home. Left side of his head shaved smooth and about a 5 inch incision that's looking very good, considering. (no bandages). He's feeling well, but for a few minor headaches, which totally amazes me. He doesn't have a good prognosis - maybe a yr. It is a glioblastoma multiforme tumor - no cure, fast growing. MRI looks like they got most of it, but it will return. Next for radiation/chemo... then they don't know. I'm on leave from work and don't want to go back, so God's going to have to work some of our details/fianances out, but that's how it's going to be. Thanks everyone for your prayers and concerns! Thanks, KareFree- I'll give Dave Paul's message - he'll be happy to hear from you both!

Audri, I showed the dr the article you sent me and he had seen it. Says they are working hard for cures, but says this one won't help Dave, unfortunately. We're trusting God for wisdom and peace in all things... He has been working out so many of our details so far, we'll trust Him for more!
Old 09-07-2001, 11:34 PM   #9  

Default We'll keep praying.

I am glad he is not suffering. That is a blessing. I hope the doctors didn't tell him the time frame. Sometimes I think people give up when they think they are suppose to. We will pray for a miracle and Gods will to be done. I will also pray that you can stay home with him . May God give you both the strength you need.

Love,
Karen
Old 09-08-2001, 11:46 AM   #10  

Itsworthit, I'm so sorry for all you are going through right now. I will keep you both in my prayers. This must be so hard on the both of you, try to keep strong. Wish there was more I could do.

Sounds like everyone else is doing all right. I have to get myself motivated to start a regular exercise program again. Hopefully that will happen soon.

Take care everyone.
Old 09-08-2001, 12:12 PM   #11  
you can call me flower

Itsworthit- I am SO SORRY! But it is hubby's immune system that makes the decision (well, w/ the God and Godess' approval) on how much time he has. Enjoy every minute. (which we should all be doing anyways) The universe will take care of the little stuff. How old is your husband anyways? Terry was 27 when he died. Very young for the tumor he had. It isn't fair, nor does it make sence...but theres a reason for it in the end. I am still hoping that theres been a mistake, and his body recovers nicely!!!! Please don't be a stranger!!!! Love and hugs, audri
Old 09-12-2001, 09:55 AM   #12  
you can call me flower

Everyone post and let me know how you are doing? I don't think any of us are near nyc or washington... I hope none of you have family there. All though, someone must have had family there. So many people were effected. So sad. You all mean alot to me. Hugs!!!! The terrorists have already gained so much victory, they must not make our lives change. They can not win. I do not want war. But I do want us to know who our enemies are. We will not be afraid of our own shawdows. Love ya! Audri
Old 09-12-2001, 10:41 AM   #13  

Default I made a new thread and didn't mean to.

I guess I am just not thinking straight. I hope everyone is alright. Audri, you are right. We can not be afraid of shadows.

Karefree
Old 09-13-2001, 07:20 AM   #14  

Our prayers are with all the victims of this senseless, horrible tragedy - also praying for all of us as a nation. Thanking God that our friends in NY/DC area are all accounted for now, safe and sound... last night finally had a call from friend who was supposed to be flying in that area that day (had actually come in to see Dave while in Montreal/stayed here with us the night before... ended up driving home/DC but called that all is well).

Having a large estate/tool sale this weekend... looks like Dave will be starting treatments soon/maybe next wk. (Audri, you'd asked how old - he's 56... your husband was so young - much younger than the "stat's" show.)
Take care, everyone! TTYS!
Old 09-13-2001, 10:10 AM   #15  
you can call me flower

Itsworthit-hope you get a good turnout to your estate sale. I am sorry you have to sell your stuff though. We need to sell some of our stuff. We have too much.

Today I am off to the greenhouse to harvest lisanthus and disbud mums so they can get taller. Just me and the dirt! Well, some bugs, lizards, squirrels..a mouse or two and a stray creature here and there too. ~audri
Closed Thread