Old 01-02-2006, 11:11 AM   #1  
GG

Question Help I hate water and I need support to drink it

Help I really want to lose weight. I hate drinking water and I need ways to motivate myself to do it. This is why I need support I have to lose 40 pounds and I need help, help, help. I always end up giving into cravings and ruining my diet. I hate journaling because I feel trapped. I want to do this I need to do this for my health. I need friends support etc. I am also part of the depression forum since I take meds so that makes it hard in itself. Just talk to me folks. Thank you
GG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 03:47 PM   #2  
30 lost, 55 to go!

You are definitely not alone in having problems downing all your water.

I find it easier to squeeze a slice of lemon into my drink and lots of ice cubes. Makes it seem more like a "drink" to enjoy...rather than a chore. I also have a formula I'm trying because I am a hardcore coffee drinker. In the morning at the office, I have 1 cup of coffee when I first get there. I will not allow myself to have another cup of coffee until I have downed 2 glasses of lemon water. This will be rewarded with...being allowed to have a second cup of coffee. My plan is to have 4-5 cups of water downed before I leave work for the day...leaving me with only a few glasses left to drink at night.

Not sure yet if it will work...but I do expect to be running to the little girls room a lot during the day, lol.
Wonder Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 03:52 PM   #3  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

It would be better for if it was just water - but a low cal alternative could be Koolaid made with splenda instead of sugar.....your body will be hydrated and it tastes pretty good, too!

I like lemons, too, Wonderwoman!
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 04:01 PM   #4  
banned

here are my suggestions, though some ppl will disagree w me and thats ok im just lookin to tell ya what helps me.

decaff iced tea w splenda, crystal light products. im on ww and they say these are water.
andreaphilip3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 04:14 PM   #5  
30 lost, 55 to go!

Good ideas Gina & Andrea...I've heard quite a few plans count Crystal Light as water...and it does taste really yummy. Maybe I'll pick up a few packs on grocery day and try that out too.
Wonder Woman is offline   Reply With Quote