Old 12-31-2005, 10:19 PM   #1  

Default Summer Starters 1/01/06

Not only a new month but a NEW YEAR!! I am both honored and excited to be a part of your lives and the transformations we are all experiencing! This is the year we become what we have been working so hard for. So let's get this going and as always anyone is welcome to join our group. We are dedicated and supportive.
Melissa
neo98292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 11:44 AM   #2  
I hate my scale

S/C/G: 173/165/130

Happy New Year Everyone!
I too am happy to be a part of such a supportive and kind group! There isn't a better way to start a new month and year!
We are gonna do fantastic! Goals will be met and we will be successful with pounds lost and Non Scale Victories!

Right now i feel as if i can get the house straightend around then I will be set for now. Hubby has a towel rack instead of my bike and i now have 48 days to hit my 15 pound goal. I have started off OP today and after weighing myself every morning and getting the same number for 6 days -i am moving my ticker DOWN! I am going to be really strict with myself and follow thru!
Can you believe it's going to get up to 76 here today?? really beautiful out and i've got all the windows open- nice breeze and humidity is low. Time to clean out the utility room! Hubby has to help his grandpa (grandpa is 85 ,has a machine shop & runs a NY times paper route every night) move his machine shop to another unit today so i can get the house work DONE!

Have a great day everyone!
sandisuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 12:18 PM   #3  

Oh I am soooo jealous! Here in washington it is windy rainy and cold dark and gloomy. It is part of the reason it has been hard to get up as early as I like. It is sooo dark out even at 7a. Congrats on the pound gone!

Going to get strict on myself as well. My eating has been much better but not what it totally should be and I got rid of 2 of the pounds that I had gained over the last couple months. It will be awhile before my ticker says anything other than what it says right now. It amazed me how fast my little routine got knocked into the dirt and the pounds came back. Between getting Logan and the Christmas holidays-I just fell on my face bad so now it is time to face the music, take my lumps, and get back into my routine and move that darn ticker down down down!
Melissa
Old 01-01-2006, 02:43 PM   #4  
I hate my scale

Well we have had a bit of gloomy days too but Fla Weather is so weird. we'll be up to 100 degrees by May, i bet. I certainly don't want a hurricane season like the past two years. I will send you some sunshine!!

Food today is good so far- I feel good that i am trying to be good!

I keep working in the house and it seems i have more to do?? the junk keeps multiplying no matter what i do ! true i am not as on task with housework as i should be today- but it's new years

I think I am also going to spend some time this year with journaling and trying to get to the bottom of my eating issues. like go back to when food became my best friend and work out why-and why it has such a control over me. you can't change the past but i think i need to put it behind me. the only problem with that is then i feel like i am being whiney in my journals..Especially if i do them in a blog etc.. then i don't want to write .. anyone else feel that way- like if they talk about food issues they are being silly??

I attempted (key Word Here: ATTEMPTED) The BL workout this a.m. the low intensity KICKED my butt- but i will and can do this - I will get thru this workout and laugh at how easy it is when i look back in a few months!

Sandi
Old 01-01-2006, 03:02 PM   #5  

Housework is NEVER done. I have been working practically all morning and I have only made a dent and even if you do get things done there is always washing cupboards, windows, curtains, blah blah blah. I have been looking outside and lamenting over all the yard work I will have when it gets nicer again. It will take me weeks! Takes that long when you are interupted and chasing toddlers at the same time.

Doing a journal is crutial for me. Yes there are times when I am whining but you know anytime you give up any kind of addiction, there is a grieving process that goes on and people do whine at times when they are grieving so if you need to whine, do it. You will be amazed when you go back at the things that aren't an issue anymore and you may giggle at yourself a bit too but it is all good. You wouldn't think it was silly if a heroin addict talked about their issues-our drug of choice just happens to be food. Bad thing about it is that we can't cut it totally out of our lives like you can with just about anything else-basically I am saying write away and don't feel silly.
Melissa
Old 01-01-2006, 06:38 PM   #6  

Whine away. For me feeling stressed always leads to the fridge, but now I can come here to whine. Sometimes I don't even whine, just coming here helps.
But here is today's whine.
Son #3 and DIL said they would be here for dinner today. I cleaned and cooked and was happy. Phone rings-he tells me they are not coming and a whole thing about an arguement. DIL spent last night in the city with her mom because it's something they have always wanted to do and last New Years Eve, my son was drunk and obnoxious and she had a miserable time. I think they are both right, but of course, he is my son. I flip into despair, that the marriage is not working, what's wrong? etc. I eat everything not nailed down. I feel sick in everyway, non productive, lazy and worried. 3 hours later he calls and they are coming over for dinner.
That is the story of my life right now. I flip from one worry to another, each child, DILs, grandchildren, my mom, my sister, money, Iraq, my country, and that's nuts.
So, as of right now, I am done. I have to get out of this worrying mode, get control of food again, and I start to work out on Tues, when I have an appointment with a trainer at the center I joined. I am even thinking that if I can't clear this constant worry crap I might need to get a couple pf sessions with a pro. I will see.
So as of right now I am OP. That includes eating out, working away from home and when stressed. I will be thin in 2006.
I am so thankful for all support, here.
Laura
LauraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 07:36 PM   #7  

It looks like we have alot of the same things going on right now. It is sooo hard with adult children. Most of the time we have to sit and watch and be quiet. It is alot of work with all my small ones but ultimately I have control. You will love the personal trainer but if he is anything like mine, they are slave drivers. You will make your goal and life may not get easier but the way we cope with it will.
Melissa
Old 01-01-2006, 09:42 PM   #8  

When they were little it was a lot more physical work. Now it's so much harder because you have to sit and watch them make their own mistakes and you want to fix it for them and you can't. I fixed too much and sometimes they should have had consequences which I washed away for them.
I am OP and will stay OP.
Laura
Old 01-01-2006, 10:28 PM   #9  
I hate my scale

Grown up kids are not easy, enjoyable or fun to be around at times. Then there are times they can be wonderful. But i know that we see them doing or having destructive behavior and wonder either- where did i go wrong or why can't they see what they are doing is wrong/destructive/bad etc... Little ones can be tiring but they are so sweet and little so we just get tired physically.

I don't know Laura- i may have had to smack the son if they did that to me..I worry about stuff too- money and health and what I eat and am i doing this right...Hubby says if i put as much energy into my workouts as i do worrying I'd lose 36 pounds in no time. I think a personal trainer is great as he can show you what to do without hurting yourself and how to make the most out of your workout.

Plans ended up all messed up tonight. I had planned to make dinner here but MIL called and said meet us at McKennas as BIL and FIL wanted to go out. Well McKennas was closed so we end up at pizza hut. I WAS NOT GOING TO EAT PIZZA. I have been OP all day and was NOT going to blow it. so i ended up with a glass of water as they were out of diet and i'm trying not to do caffeine anyway- and a small salad consisting of Lettuce, tomatoes and cukes. Their salad bar was NASTY. No dressing as they had no FF or Lofat. I wanted the pizza and even thought about a piece. But then i thought of the ticker moving down and it tasted better than a slice of pizza ever could taste! But it was a tad uncomfy with everyone eating pizza and me grazing. My issues not theirs. FIL was upset cause i didn't eat pizza - i told him it'd mess up my sugar and not to worry. then i was starving when i got home and had a bowl of cereal.

Thanks Melissa- I really think i need to deal with some issues about my past that need either confronting , working thru and getting rid of them. I think i will get a E -blog / journal as i feel it'll give me a voice to validate my issues. To make them real as opposed to keeping them all inside. and if people find it whiney,then they don't have to read it! LOL- I know they have journals on here but i think i want to write in a different way - Problem is I can't ever rememebr a time i didn't either love or obsess over or crave certain foods.
Tomorrow is a quiet day- finishing up housework and getting ready for the week. I am so glad school starts back Wednesday!
Sandi
Old 01-02-2006, 11:08 AM   #10  

Sandi - You did so great to not eat the miserable pizza. Maybe that's a good way to start a journal, telling about last night and how you overcame past behavior. It's so positive.
Son and DIL stayed over and left after breakfast. I am going to try hard not to worry so much about him because I can't fix anything. But Sandi is so right. When they act up, you start to question yourself. It's so hard to let go. I am going to try to separate my kids from my food issues.
I am definately OP now and so happy about it.
Laura
Old 01-02-2006, 11:13 AM   #11  

Don't feel alone-we all have issues. I am tired. Odessa was up at 330a thinking it was time to be up and it took over an hour to get her to realize she wasn't getting up. I think Logan is going through a growing spirt too cause he has been a bottomless pit and up twice in the night for bottles. I am trying to get up the gumption to run a couple errends. Logan is almost out of formula yet again-I will be so glad when he can have milk-the formula is killing me at almost 13.00 a can. It was like 14.29 at safeway-highway robbery.
Melissa
Old 01-02-2006, 12:55 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Melissa, can you not get WIC or something to buy his formula? I remember those days, and it is very high. Then add in diapers and wipes and the list goes on and on...with all the good you are doing for those kids I'd think they would help you more. Do they go after the fathers at all...I know you talk to the girls daddy, but he should be paying all he can to help you out with his children. I just wonder about these parents because I cannot imagine spending one moment without my children, and the thought of someone else raising them would kill me. I would never do anything that would put them or me in that position, and I thought that was how all parents thought and acted. Sadly, I was wrong.

I have been having horrible headaches, which happened all the time before I started losing and now only happens when I eat bad for a long period of time. They are getting less often now that I've been OP two days, and by the end of the week should be gone. i am so glad everyone seems to be back OP. We can do this ladies...WE CAN!!

Laura, sorry about all the worries, but I think it might be a woman thang because I am the same way as well. I worry over every tiny thing with my kids, cannot imagine how I will be when they are older.

Sandi, you are my hero for sitting at Pizza Hut and not even taking one little bite! I don't know that I could have done that without something else there to eat instead. feel very proud, that is hard to do (at least for me it would have been!) I can't wait to get my BL workout and try it out. I'm glad the easy isn't so easy, we'll see how well I do with it.

I hope i didn't skip anyone, but I forgot about the new month, new thread thing and was on the other board wondering where everyone was until Melissa was kind enough to remind me...thanks! I am caught up though, now i have to run to the store and get diapers...Tyler is definitely not ready to potty train yet

Theresa
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 02:28 PM   #13  

I am so sorry to hear about your headaches. I use to suffer from migranes when I worked retail-I don't get them anymore unless my blood pressure is too high which I try to avoid.

I do get wic for the kids. Odessa is almost off the program and they changed all the kids to the same appointment day so I have to wait now until the 25th to go in. They give me 8 cans a month and he drinks about 12-13. I think part of the reason formula has gone up is becuase they know they have most moms over a barrel since most go back to work so soon after having a baby and then with programs like wic the retail stores gouge the price to get more from the government. They got you coming and going these days.

I did make it through the errends-WOOHOO. Tomorrow I have to take Josh in for his med check-those are always fun. I am looking forward to Amanda getting potty trained. Not sure how much longer-she still hardly talks at all. About the only thing I have going for me is that is loves toilets much to my dismay. She even got some new panties for Christmas but she shows no interest in it at all. I am fixing salmon for dinner so if you hear loud screams about 7p ET, that would be my son protesting about it.
Melissa
Old 01-02-2006, 02:38 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Uh oh...I'll cover my ears about that time

I feel so good being back OP gals...how did I survive December being so off? I think maybe the reason I was constantly sick was because I wasn't eating right or exercising much, seems I am healthier in every way when I am OP.

I am off now to do my hip hop workout that I recorded off TV...still have not made it all the way through that thing.

Theresa
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 05:18 PM   #15  
I hate my scale

I will cover the ears as well

I am OP today too! Two days in a row and I feel good - i got the house all cleaned up and am almost ready for the week. only a few things to tidy up & organize to get the kids on track for school Wednesday.

Tomorrow I start on my full blown exercise Program. I knew today would not be good as hubby was home all day. I am gonna Ride the bike in the a.m. and do the BL workout in the afternoon.

I had MIL take a pic last night and it's so horrible i tossed it. I will have hubby take a few pics later and i also started a blog so i can start my journal and maybe even use it for rants that aren't appropriate for this thread.

We are all doing great and it feels awesome!
I'll check back later - hubby has spoken and wants dinner- of course the minute i get on here he wants dinner
Sandi