Old 01-02-2006, 08:21 AM   #1  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Talking Winter Plan - New Year

With a New Year before us it is a natural time to make fresh plans to fulfill in the coming year. Determination coupled with patience will be the reoccuring mantra for our winter plans not matter what they may be. Anyone is welcome to join us in posting here.
ledom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 08:26 AM   #2  
Chick

Well, my new years resolution to get back with it starts today. I am ready, willing and able. For the next few days I am going to be counting calories with the eye on having some 1200 cal days. I will do my regular workouts, and add an evening walk. I need this kickstart to recover the ground I lost during the holidays.
Old 01-02-2006, 08:44 AM   #3  

Thanks for starting a new thread, ledom. I really like the title.

Hope you all had a great New Year. We put away our Christmas decorations for another year.

I'm starting fresh today also. I plan on eating right and start exercising again. I won't be able to do any serious exercise for a while, my back flared up again and I'm taking it easy. I pulled a muscle many years ago and sometimes if I move the wrong way it flares up. I was walking Lacee, turned to look at something, then the pain started. Luckily we now have the hot tub and that makes it feel better.

Enjoy your day, ladies

aleka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 11:08 AM   #4  

Hi girls. yes love the title just fits us. so glad you 2 are starting plan today and all to. me i am also. got turkey in oven. and i plan to get with some exercise and add to it this new year. going to make me a chart and have certain time for it and all. maybe i will stick with it. ha ha its so good to be able to come in here and share with all of you.. good luck.. LaDean
LaDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 10:12 PM   #5  
Chick

Just checking in at the end of the day. I did good today. I did my workout, calories came in at 1298 and I did my night walk. I felt so much better after I exercised. I splurged and overate on Jan. 1 and let me just say that I feel rotten when I do that. It is hard to exercise, it is hard to get up in the morning. I am very happy to be on the other side of the holiday season.

Alice, how is your back today? Better I hope. Judi I know you will have fun with the baby. You'll have to let us know how it goes. LaDean, I like you optimism - we will be successful this year.
Old 01-03-2006, 01:07 PM   #6  

Default Tues.

Thanks for starting the New Thread You sound very focused Ledom.

I too feel inspired...this is the first year I am down after Christmas in my memory.

How is your back today Alice?

Are you being affected by all the rain we hear on CNN that Oregon is getting LaDean?

We have been getting quite a bit though not as bad as the US. We have had a few short power outages. Both times when I was trying out a new bread maker so I end up having to chuck it out.

Baby was here and was so much fun. He is such a good little guy, no trouble at all...just plays with his toys and keeps his eye on the cats (they in turn really keep their eye on him). I know he would love to grab and squeeze them but they are having none of it. We had him since Sunday night and my D and SIL picked him up last night.

Have a good day and keep those resolutions.
esteban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 04:39 PM   #7  
Chick

judi - so glad you had fun w/ Baby. He sounds like a little doll. How old is he now? I have 2 friends that have grandbabies and they are so in love with the little ones. I remember how my mother was when my D was born, something to look forward to.

Ah, I go back to work on the 16th. Yikes!!! How do you prepare?
Well, I started by setting my alarm this a.m., albeit about an hour and a half later that I will have to get up for work. I set the kitchen timer so I would only spend an hour on breakfast, paper and internet, did my workout and still managed to be 20 minutes late to my hair appointment. But I am gearing up.

This morning while working out I had on the TV and Richard Simmons was on the Today Show. Did any of you see him? He wasn't on long but he said 2 things that stuck with me. Katie asked him how often you should work out and his answer was, how many days do you eat? Funny, cute, haha, I do believe in rest day but I take the point. The other thing he said was that people become obese because they don't love themselves enough. Food for thought, I am mulling that one and have decided in my case he may be right. I believe I'll work on that this coming year as well...
Old 01-03-2006, 09:36 PM   #8  
Chick

Back for my evening check in. judi - i am focused. I am a woman with a mission! Good diet, good workout, and my extra mile walk in the bag.

Last edited by ledom; 01-03-2006 at 10:31 PM.
Old 01-04-2006, 04:06 PM   #9  

Default Wed. morning

Ledom: Yes, those are two good thoughts.

I exercised hard for an hour today, though I only claimed moderate exercise earning 295 calories I feel jazzed too!

Going back to work...that is another big change, eh? You will be going back with a lot of experience and ideas that your students will benefit from.

Goodmorning Alice & LaDean!
esteban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 04:33 PM   #10  
Lovin' Zumba!

Hello everyone - I'd like to join you gals for a while, if you'll have me....

Ledom - how are you? I'm sad to say that I'm working on re-losing pounds I've gained back over the past year, but enough is enough and I'm serious about getting this back under control. I'm hoping it will come off readily, as it's not been on that long... (keeping fingers crossed!).

To introduce myself to the rest of the group, my name is Cindy, I'm 42, single and live in upstate NY. Ledom and I met on another thread here at 3FC and have kept in touch on and off over the past year or so.

Three years ago I did a year of Body for Life and took off 60 pounds and 3 dress sizes, and kept it off for the next year. However, I was single at the time, and was able to insulate my life from outside influences when it came to food. Now I've been in a relationship for a year, and the "real world" has had a bad influence on me - not to mention that I went from working out 5 days a week, to not at all.

But that's in the past, and I've resolved to get back into my healthy habits and get myself back into shape. I've got a cruise coming up at the end of March, and then summer at the lake in June, so I've chosen a water theme for my ticker goals.

I'll have to do some reading of your past thread to get caught up on who's who.

Hope you all are having a great day!
Cindy
BfL_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 05:43 PM   #11  
Chick

Cindy!!!!!! I am so very happy to have you here!

Girls, let me introduce you to Cindy - she's the sweetest lady ever. Another cat lover, which we NEED on this thread. Just a great addition to our little neck of the web.

So lovely to see you here. Love your ticker, as you might notice, I like that fish theme too!

judi - way to go with the hour of exercise. It is empowering, isn't it.

I will be watching the Biggest Loser special tonight at 7central on NBC. If it is playing in your area I highly recommend it. These shows are so inspirational.

Once again, welcome Cindy.
Old 01-04-2006, 05:49 PM   #12  
Chick

Cindy!!! So very lovely to find you here!

Alice, Judi, and LaDean, let me introduce you to the sweetest lady Cindy. We have talked diet before and she has lots of insight, is an adventuresome cook, and loves kitties. I know you'll like her as much as I do.

Judi - way to go on the hour of exercise. It is very empowering isn't it? Today is my rest day but I'll be back at it in the a.m.

If you guys read this in time let me recommend the special Biggest Loser tonight on NBC at 7 p.m. Central time. These shows are very inspirational.

Love it that you are here Cindy!!
Old 01-04-2006, 07:29 PM   #13  
Lovin' Zumba!

Thanks Ledom! Glad you're glad I'm here!

I plan to watch BL tonight, IF I can wrestle the remote away from DBF - he'll be wanting to watch the Rose Bowl instead! But, I am DVRing it regardless, so I'll get to watch it at some point.

Let's just hope I can get through the evening w/o snacking!
Cindy
BfL_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 01:32 AM   #14  

Hi welcome to the board and nice to meet you.. this is a fun one and you knowing ledom will know it is. glad you have joined us. LaDean
LaDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 06:36 PM   #15  
Chick

Hey - how is everyone? I missed my computer time this a.m. so just now checking in. Three days into my New Year buckle down and I am feeling infintely better! Holiday lbs. are coming off slow but steady and though I won't reach pre-holiday by tomorrow I think I will by next Friday. (judi - aren't you glad you avoided that this year!) At least I am aiming for that. I have had really good workouts this week and my muscles are looking pumped. It is so weird, at this weight a month ago I felt so slim, now having been a bit lower, this weight has been feeling very heavy. I am ready to get the slim feeling again. I did go through my closet last night and took a survey. I removed several things that are definitively too large now. I have a couple of 18's that are wearable but a little tightish in the waist band. I am very ready to slip into a solid comfortable 18 and on to a 16 pretty darn fast. I have decided not to buy anything new until I lose 8 more lbs. when I'd like to buy some little something as a reward. But I am thinking in early summer I might be ready for a bunch of new clothes. Just little tricky thinking to get me where I want to be!

After watching BL last night all I could think was - no excuses. I am done with excuses. I am the master of excuses but no more thank you very much.