Old 01-01-2006, 11:59 PM   #1  
wip

Height: 5' 10"

Red face The hiatus is officially over

Here it is, January 1 and true to the promise I made myself, as of tomorrow I am back on track. I took the last month off and gained 10 lbs! Not by being crazy - just not watching. My clothes are tight and I feel gross. Now I'm behind again...

Enough of that. I have joined our local gym for 3 months to get me through to spring when I can get outside. My DH will be back at work and the gym will be tough, unless I get into the habit of lunch workouts. We'll see. You'll notice I did away with the goals. I've decided to mark the pounds as them come off but not worry so much about the scale. I plan to exercise, eat sensibly and journal.

Good luck to all of you as you greet the New Year with enthusiasm and committment! We can do this
wip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 10:48 AM   #2  
Jennifer

I hear you on the "taking off" even a short period of time. I "took off" Christmas week (stopped logging, pretty much ate whatever I wanted, though I did still exercise) and have a five-pound gain to show for it. I know how to get it back off, but I'm frustrated with myself.

Here's to getting those habits back in place, with "enthusiasm and commitment," as you said! I'm with ya!
teapotdynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 11:32 AM   #3  

I think a lot of us are just getting back on the bandwagon so you certainly aren't alone. My plan for the Christmas holidays went out the window. I got back on track December 26 (which was fitting since that was the day I started losing weight last year). I've managed to get down to my pre-Christmas weight and am ready to knock off these last 15 pounds for good!

We're all in this together!
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 03:20 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Welcome back, wip!

I, too, didn't stick with my Christmas plans. Don't know how much I gained, but I'm still not back to my pre-Christmas weight. At my age, it takes so little time to gain, and so long to lose--I can't even afford a one-day slip. I've been working on these stubborn last 20 lbs. for a long time, but this year I'm going to get it done!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 04:31 PM   #5  
Jennifer

Isn't it amazing (and OH-so-frustrating) how difficult (and slow) it is to lose and how easy (and quick) to gain? I was truly shocked that I was able to gain five pounds in one week (and that's after the water weight went away -- the scale initially showed a 10-pound gain!). I know it's not worth crying over, but it certainly is something to keep in mind next time I feel like throwing caution and my regular tools to the wind!
teapotdynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 11:22 AM   #6  
One pound at a time...

Welcome back Sherri! I was off plan for the past three weeks, and I am dreading the weigh in, but I am back on plan.
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 04:30 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

WB Sherri. You can do this. I took part of Nov. and Dec. off. It does feel great to be back on plan and making myself be accountable. Never thought I hear me say that!!!
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 06:02 PM   #8  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Welcome back, Sherri. You're right, we absolutely can do this!
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote