Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 02:09 PM   #1  
Project Down-Sizing !!

Default PIC ~ Partners in Crime 2006

2005 was a great year for the Partners in Crime. Here's hoping that 2006 is even better

To all the regular PICs and the new friends we have met along the way HAPPY NEW YEAR !!

Here is the link to the PIC thread for 2005..
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...57137&page=167

Last edited by Louie; 01-02-2006 at 09:42 PM.
Old 01-01-2006, 02:13 PM   #2  
Project Down-Sizing !!

Good Morning ~ hope you all had a happy and safe New Year's.

We spent it with family and friends and I stayed up way past my bedtime But we had fun, so that is what counts

Not sure what today will bring, but I do need to have a clean out of the cupboards and hit the grocery store. Been reading my Protein Power book, so need to rid the kitchen of the carbs (or at least the majority of them).

Anyhow I best scoot...just wanted to wish you all a happy new years !

TTYS
Old 01-01-2006, 03:59 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/175/120

Happy New Years!

I did some major cleaning today, and danced around the house to some good music.
Old 01-01-2006, 04:04 PM   #4  

Good morning everyone! I had a really late night last night. I ended up taking a shower at 3am (I hate that smoke smell) and fell asleep with a wet head and now my hair is all crazy!

Ok yesterday's journal wasn't that great. We were in a rush so had what else.. Pizza.

Saturday, December 31, 2005

B: Zone Bar (210)
L: ½ cup eggbeater, 1 slice LF cheese, 1 slice rye w/LC cheese wedge (205)
D: ½ of 16 inch pizza (1105)
S: Zone Bar (210)
S: PB & J on low carb bread (280)
S: Zone Bar (210)

Calories 2265
Exercise none

Happy New Year everyone!
Old 01-01-2006, 05:09 PM   #5  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Woohoo..!!!! Look-y look-y, a brand spanking new thread for 2006!!! Great idea TLB.

Last night was a blast!!....literally!!!....we bought a whole bunch of fireworks and set them off around 10pm. My inlaws are visiting and we thought rather than do what we do every year....(sit around and watch tv, they fall asleep and be bored all night) I cooked a wonderful rack of lamb dinner, did the fireworks and then lit a huge bonfire in the backyard. The boys roasted marshmallows and we had a great time. They still fell asleep mind you, but it was okay.(they woke up at 11:50, just in time for the ball to fall in NYork) I did much better NOT snacking on sweets and also for today. Can't wait to get all this stuff out of the house!!!

We've been shopping shopping and more shopping. Popped into Old Navy and couldn't believe the deals. I got 5 pr of jeans for the boys and only spent $38 !!!! Then I bought another winter jacket (a cool one since my ds won't wear the other one cause it isn't cool) and thought at $24 I was getting a great bargain from $60 but it rung up at $16. !!!! I LOVE SHOPPING SALES!!!! So I spent less money and now there will be NO FIGHTING him to wear his jacket. Puffy jackets aren't cool....who knew? lol Hope everyone is doing well or as well as can be......HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Old 01-01-2006, 06:02 PM   #6  

Hi everyone! I am new here. I 'd like to thank BeatlesFan for bringing it to my attention. My name is Teri, 31 year old wife & mother of 2. I work full time (& more). I wanted to ask for advice on plans. requiements: little-no cost, easy, WORKS, (I know, the impossible). But these are the reasons I've given up before. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to get together a list to get groceries tomorrow.
Teri
Old 01-01-2006, 07:12 PM   #7  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

had to make some avs for another member and thought u might like this petra

Last edited by curlylocks; 04-20-2008 at 09:43 PM.
Old 01-01-2006, 10:10 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Thanks Curly, that was really sweet.

Welcome to our new members. You have found a great group of ladies but we can be a bunch of chatty cathy's sometimes so post often. If you miss a day, there can be a lot of catching up to do.

I had a pretty good day. I went to my sister's in NJ. I"ve been there a lot of times before and somehow still managed to get lost. Could only eat the turkey and broccoli but that was better than nothing. I should have made a sugar free dessert and taken along. I really wasn't tempted though. It's interesting how you get past that point.

As for maysmav's question, the answer is whatever you can stick to is what is the best plan for you. It doesn't have to cost a lot of money. Low fat, low glycemic, and low carb diets are all equally effective at helping people lose weight and keep it off so it is a matter of which type you think you can stick with. The best part about this site is that you can find people who are following every imaginable diet plan so you can learn something about several different ones before making a decision. I suggest you take a little time to do some research rather than try one plan for two weeks, decide you don't like it, move on to something else for two weeks, etc. Take your time and find something you can really commit to.

In reassessing some goals today, I have raised my goal weight a little (5 lbs.) Still a number I think I can live with. We'll see how I feel about it when I get closer. My size 14 pants are starting to get big already. How did that happen?
Old 01-01-2006, 10:14 PM   #9  

Curly-how do I use that avatar?
Old 01-01-2006, 11:53 PM   #10  

Hi everyone!

I had a good day today. We went out to Chili's to celebrate the new year but I planned ahead and printed their menu with calorie listings.

I feel like I'm still recovering from yesterday even though I didn't drink I inhaled to much ciggy smoke and feel ill from it.

Sunday, January 01, 2006

B: Zone Bar (210)
L: ½ cup eggbeater, 1 slice LF cheese, 1 slice rye w/LC cheese wedge (205)
D: Chili’s Guiltless Chicken Pita (550)
D: Chili’s Broccoli cheese soup cup (160)
S: 3 slices NF cheese on low carb bread, strawberries (210)

Calories 1342
Exercise 2 mile WATP
Old 01-02-2006, 12:19 AM   #11  

Petra thank you for the advice. You're right I know, but there's so much out there sometimes it's overwhelming.
I am very excited & determined this time.
Thanks again
Teri i
Old 01-02-2006, 01:16 AM   #12  

One of the dogs woke me up and I'm waxing philosophic here in the middle of the night. Some of the others who have been at this awhile, please add your your $0.02.

I was thinking more about maysmav's question. Yes, you will likely need to choose some food plan and stick with it but from my perspective, what really makes people successful at this is a real change in their mental attitude which then translates into behavioral change. The only thing I can liken this to is the alcoholic getting sober. Just like the alcoholic I had to hit my "bottom" where I was willing to do whatever it took to take control of my health before bad things started to happen to me. My 40th birthday was looming and this was the age when my mother began to have major health consequences related to her weight. I was headed down the same path if I didn't do something about it now. Just like the process of sobriety, this is a journey 7 days a week, 365 days a year. No days off. Even when you reach your goal weight, you aren't really finished. The journey may change then but it isn't over. Sort of like reaching your 12th step in AA--it doesn't mean you are "cured" and now you can go out and drink again. And also, very much like the alcoholic, I had to face up to the fact that I have a real problem with refined sugar (sweets). My inability to control my intake of sugar has sabotaged every single previous attempt to lose weight. Considering the fact that it has really no nutritional value, perhaps I needed to let it go. It is amazing what abstaining from sugar has done for me including allowing me to have more success at this process than I have ever had before. At least the alcoholic can argue that wine has some nutritional value. M&M's have none.

I could keep going on and on here but I think you are probably getting the idea and other people may have some additional advice/wisdom to share.
Old 01-02-2006, 08:51 AM   #13  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

{{{ pulls out soap box...climbs up}}} Mays first welcome to the group!

ok ... my suggestion for you is to learn all u can about how people with diabetes eat.. South beach is a good low glycemic diet plan..(plus its not real expensive to follow)

do a lot of googling and read up all you can on high glycemic foods, diabetic diets, and peoples success stories.. brain wash yourself that you are going to do this!!

to make it even easier>>> cut out everything white from your diet... white flour, sugar, pastas,potatoes

sounds drastic.. but u would be amazed at all the foods that leaves that u can eat..

drink lots of water... and start walking for exercise..the lelslie sansonne walking tapes are a great way to get started..

then as u start to feel stronger.. go sign up at a curves.. its a good way to get exercise and tone and you lose.. and the more muscle you build the smaller your body gets..

ok i promised myself i would get this "tornado strewn house straight this weekend and my time is running short.. lol tho i have made it thru the mountain of clothes.. washed folded pressed and hung up and put away.. shew! sorted by size...

4 loads of laundry all together!!! how does 1 person end up with so many clothes..(note to self: stay outta the thrift store) lmao

have a great day Pic's
Old 01-02-2006, 09:28 AM   #14  

I have a list a mile long of stuff I "should" do today. We'll see how much of it actually gets done.

I got this great computer program for Christmas called Master Cook. I asked for it specifically. Several people on the Protein Power bulletin board use it. Apparently it comes in different versions so I got the low carb version. You can add your own recipes and it does the nutritional analysis for you. It also has a lot of wierd ingriedients in the data base which I need. Much more user friendly than fitday for entering recipes. So I have all these recipes on pieces of paper all over the house and I've been putting them in this morning. If you guys have a recipe you want me to run through for you, let me know.
Old 01-02-2006, 09:32 AM   #15  
charliekay

S/C/G: 260/246/199

hey ya'll, how do i get those flowers? i can't find them anywhere??
Closed Thread