Old 01-01-2006, 04:28 PM   #1  

Smile 30 Something to Lose 30 Something January

This is a group of us 30 somethings who have 30 something or more pounds we are trying to lose. Join us in this weightloss/healthy lifestyle journey and share your triumphs and struggles. We will support, and encourage each other as we work on food and fitness choices and generally make our way down this lifestyle path.
losethirtysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 04:35 PM   #2  
Exercise Queen

Smile

Happy New Year Everyone!

I just got done watching football with DH. I'm not doing much else today. I think I'm going to go make chili for dinner here in a little bit. I just wanted to quickly check in. I'll be back later with more on what I hope to accomplish fitness wise in the New Year.
stagemomx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 11:38 PM   #3  
SuperWoman

S/C/G: 194/157.5/145

Height: 5'9"

Hi Ladies!!!
I gained almost 2lbs over the last two weeks. Now that the holidays are over I have no more excuses. I'm going to set some goals for myself this month.

1. Say "Sayonara" to the 160s.
2. Complete my Couch to 5k program
3. Go to the gym 3-4x a week.
4. Start a strength training program.
5. Absolutely no snacks after 8pm.

DH leaves in less than 3 weeks for Afghanistan and its finally starting to set in. Just the thought of him leaving puts my stomach in knots. DS1 is going to start going to preschool this month, hopefully next week, if everything goes the way it should.

OH- My mother got a DWI last night, the second one in about 3 months. She'll probably lose her license for a year and possibly jail time. If she doesn't get incarcerated she'll probably have to move in with us.
She left her house around 2pm yesterday and its only about a 5 hour drive to our house. She got lost and called me and I gave her directions. She got lost again and then it was dark out. She got lost again and stopped at a gas station to get additional directions and they offered her a drink and she thought since she was only 10-15 mins from our house it would be okay. So at 1230 this morning I got a call that I had to pick her up from the state troopers. Great way to usher in the new year!! This is her 3rd time to our house and her 2nd trip here she was able to find it completey drunk. I don't know what to do with her. She needs help, but I can't provide it. The last time she drove to my house was to tell me that she got a DWI about a month earlier. She drove to my house drunk to tell me that she got a DWI. Unbelievable. I really gave it to her, and obviously that didn't do any good. I'm hoping she has to go to rehab or something. I'm at wits end.

All right, gotta go back downstairs to help DH with the basement.
alsbttrfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 02:11 AM   #4  
Exercise Queen

Cool

Lori- I'm so sorry about your mom, not a fun way to start the new year! You are getting a lot thrown at you right now.
Old 01-02-2006, 02:23 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 191/187/141

Height: 5'4"

Ackkkk!We were all the way on the next page. I knew moving us would come to no good!!!!!

Lori, sorry you have to deal with your mom and your husband being deployed. That has to be hard. What was your mother thinking? I guess she wasn't. I am not saying she is an alcoholic but coming from a family who has it scattered around the family tree nothing ever gets solved in silence. When I was a little girl there was always a "special" pitcher of orange juice in the fridge for my grandfather. When he went into the hospital the doctors could not believe he was still alive considering that his liver was 2x the normal size and as hard as a rock. Don't let this take you off your track and goals. You have done so well.

My goals for January:

Walking to work at least once a day (could save me at least 20.00 a month)
Walking the stairs at work
portion control
Meal planning
excersizing 5x a week

2006 Goals:
Money control (money in the bank and debt down by Dec 2006)
Weight Control ( 140 by December 2006 3.5 per month piece of cake)

Oh anyone wanting to do the Discover Challenge email me so I can make you apart of the group. It looks pretty cool. [email protected]

http://health.discovery.com/BodyChal...ame=getStarted

Have a great skinny day & Let's keep us on top!!!!!
Amanda
OBsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 05:19 PM   #6  

O.K. ladies Roll Call,

We were headed to the bottom the page again!!!!!

Amanda

Back to work tomorrow, kinda glad kinda not
Old 01-02-2006, 07:10 PM   #7  

Hello, Happy New Year!!! I know I have been away a lot, but it was pretty crazy w/ the holidays, so hopefully I am stable now( HAHA! did I say stable???).

Lori- I hope you mother can get the help she needs. That has to be hard on you- I lost mine to alcoholism when I was 3 (Loooong story, not getting into it now)- I will keep you and her in my prayers.

And on a scary note- I stepped on the scale this morning and it said 156.6!!! I though it was wrong so I weighed myself at work- IT WAS NOT WRONG! Lovely, now I have to change my ticker, lol. Sooo, now is as good a time as any to face the evil truth. So here are my resolutions for the new year: 1: 1200-1400 cal/day.
2: sit-ups and push-ups every day
3: 1 good walk/ run a day
4: 1 8 oz. glass of V8 and OJ every day, + WATER!!!
5: I want to do a 5K by the end of February.
6: The Baltimore marathon in October.

(Amanda- I know you are close and have the same goal - I would be willing to drive an hour to run a 5k (or 10k or whatever) if you are serious about it. I have no friends to run with anymore so if I didn't have to do my first race alone, it would give me a ton more motivation. Just thowing it out there.)

I have felt pretty good the last couple of days and even bought some new jeans (size 12, but at least they fit and are not sweat pants)- I only bought 2 pair because I intend to SHRINK.

Hope everyone is great. Bye for now.
Tonkasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 07:55 PM   #8  

Kimberlee, I got butterflies just thinking about it. If I committ to run with you I will have to run no chickening out, umm.

There is a 10K here in Richmond at the beginning of April. It is huge. I think one of the biggest in the country, I probably will not be ready before then.

http://www.sportsbackers.org/

I think I am going to do the YMCA training program. Only 50.00 and that includes the registration. Not a bad deal.

Do you know of any around DC?

OK, I am committed, Let's find a race.

Amanda
Old 01-02-2006, 10:15 PM   #9  
Exercise Queen

Cool

Hi everyone, sorry to be MIA today! I have a major case of the "Sunday Blues" since I have to head back to work tomorrow. I know I'll be fine once I get there, but tonight I just feel down and yucky!

Tomorrow I have work, and then taking the kids to dance classe, and then I have auditions for "The King and I" so I won't be on until late in the evening, possibly early in the am, but only if I get up really early to workout!

I've been totally op for two days now, after a very disasterous weekend!
Old 01-02-2006, 10:21 PM   #10  

Default join the 30 minus 30

hi, i saw your group and had to check it out. i am a stay at home mother of two girls, 2 1/2 and 6. i have decided that this is the year i lose the baby weight i have gained, i mean they are old enough! it's a tough road ahead and could use the support.

this time i am trying something new. nutri system. i've accepted the fact that i need complete control. here are your meals, eat this and nothing else. like dieting for idiots. hopefully this will work since my own self control has not.

i love the idea of running a 5k. the b/c (before child) me jogged. but one thing at time now!
jkurdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 09:21 AM   #11  
Exercise Queen

jkurdock! Glad you joined us!

Back to school day for all of us here. I hope everyone has a great day, and I'll check in later this evening.
Old 01-03-2006, 10:25 AM   #12  

Hi there! I came across your group and thought I would say hi.

I am Carol, 34, with a a 3 yr old DD. Ive lost 42 pounds and have a few mini goals set.

Hoping to get to know everyone!

My ultimate goal is to be at 144 by July 21st, my 35th bday.
CarolML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 05:55 PM   #13  
Exercise Queen

Welcome Carol. I'm still at work so no fun graphics. I will be 35 in 10 days, yikes!

Oh Amanda where are you?
Old 01-03-2006, 06:19 PM   #14  

to Carol and JK!!! Ahhh those babies do a number on us, don't they? Well, I haven't been her too long but it is a great place to be.Good luck w/ all your goals.

Amanda- Richmond sounds fine, I will look on runner's world website- they have a race finder. So start training, girl, lol.

Well, today my scale said 154.4. HMMM......... this is why I don't weigh myself. I know- ONCE A WEEK! But I have been keeping my food intake down, which is easier to do now that I am back at work, I just have to keep busier in the evening after the babies go to bed. I tend not to eat when I am online, which is good but then nothing gets done, lol. Can we say BALANCE?

Hope everyone is teriffic!
Tonkasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 08:33 PM   #15  

I hate the evil web pirates that have screwed with my computer I just finished a long email and lost the connection on a cable modem. Ugh!!!!!

We are on Kimberlee. Just don't leave me in the dust. I am going to do the training at the YMCA so I will be ready. We have a Vita Course near our house so it will be easy to mark off how many miles I have run. The training seems doable for a working mom. Thanks for pushing me Kimberlee. I was on the cusp of doing something like this I just needed the push. 3fatchicks rule!!!

Amanda