Old 12-30-2005, 11:35 AM   #1  
trying to only eat bamboo

Smile Office Hotties-to-be!

This thread is designed to help and motivate all of us who spend the majority of the day sitting in a chair infront of a computer screen, wishing we were 30lbs or so lighter!

Please feel free to join in at anytime as we will share tips on staying healthy in the office, vent frustrations about bosses and coworkers, and take a step closer to becoming the "Office-Hottie"

One thing I would like to have in our thread is a structure of accountability. Since we are at work, I'd love for each of us to "report" what we have eaten while we've been in the office. Morning munchies, lunch, snacks, drinks, everything!! I know at least for me that will help me ward off all those office temptations.

If you have any other ideas on how to keep each other in check, please feel free to post them up! And as always, you can private message me if you have any questions or just need a good dose of support and lovin'
phatpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 12:27 PM   #2  
Groban's Mommy

Smile I want to be an office hottie!

I think that's a great idea. I, too, sit in front of a computer all day. I used to have a very active job and since starting at my current job, I've put on about 20 lbs. (I needed to lose 20 lbs. before, anyway) so now I am 40 lbs. overweight.

I want to reach my goal weight by June, and I don't think that's asking too much at all. I was recently diagnosed with PCOS and insulin resistance, and have begun a new med. I need to cut out sugars, though, and exercise more, too.

As far as hints go to help us lose the weight, my resolution is just to move more. For instance, I'm on the fifth floor and am giving up the elevator. I am also going to stop using the intercom system and go talk to the person with whom I need to speak!
grumpybear902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 12:33 PM   #3  

Good plan I am still quite active but between office sitting on bum all morning, uni sitting on bum all afternoons and studying sitting on bum all night I'm needing some support. I'm making myself meals to take in with me and just sticking to that or thats the plan anyway. I'm starting properly tomoz as I've just come back from xmas and all the supermarkets were shut today. Bank holiday shold allow me to stock up properly.

Had a huge shock that I managed to put on an entire stone over xmas - it needs to depart!!
impossible princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 08:18 PM   #4  

Ok... most of the holiday food is all out of my office... I didn't do too bad today, but maybe tomorrow I can go without breaking into the Hickory Farms mints...
lucky_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 10:13 PM   #5  
Ms. Gehlhausen

Good job!!! I've been off all week, so I haven't had the temptation. I go back Thursday though, so we'll see. I have gone to the gym everyday this week! Yippy...well I'm only two days in, but who's counting! I'm pretty sore, so I must be doing something.
Ms. Gehlhausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 10:35 PM   #6  

That is off to a great start though! The first days are always the hardest when starting a new routing.

I found this article... I thought it had some good stuff in it. (Hopefully the link will work. )

http://health.msn.com/dietnutrition/...ntid=100096734
Old 01-04-2006, 07:21 AM   #7  
Doin' it this time

S/C/G: 208.8/208.8/145

Can I join too.

I still all day with my job. I am walking at lunch with one of my co-workers so that is a good thing. There isn't alot of tempation in our office however, I work beside a McDonalds...the smell of those fries....mmmmmmmmm.....

I am back on track and have a mini goal of 175 by my 40th b-day.....I would like to lose the rest before June 26th with is my daughters grade 8 grad.

I am eatting so much better....no more restaurants.......and exercising every day. I have ordered the Biggest Loser DVD exercise video which I have read great things about so that will be my morning exercise.....can't wait....

Better get ready for work.....Have a great day everyone.

Kim
Hockeychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 10:23 AM   #8  
trying to only eat bamboo

Everyone is most welcome here!!

Grumpybear it looks like you and I are in the same boat! I really want to lose 40lbs by june too and we're at very similar starting points!!! We should definitely keep moving at work and make sure we're not glued to the computer screen all day...

lucky - yay for getting rid of the holiday treats! I keep on trying to get my roommates to eat everything for me..haha maybe you can give yourself a little reward if you reach your workout goal or something and have one mint!!

Ms. Gehlhausen - great job on working out!!! Work through the PAIN!!! just think...after today you've worked out for half the week already..woohoo

hockeychic - you'll defiintely have to tell me how that workout dvd is..i was tempted to buy it but wasn't quite sure if it would suite well with me...cutting out restaurants is so good for you! that's awesome...i'm still trying to break that habit...

So, must share with all that setting a 15min timer when you want to snack on something unhealthy is an amazing tip! For me it usually means I end up walking by what I wanted to get or it just doesn't seem worth it anymore after I've waited...Hope everyone has a good day! I am going to try to take a walk around the office once every 2 hours...hopefully that will keep me off of my bum for a little bit My first walk is at 10:30 CT if anyone else wants to join in!
phatpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 11:20 AM   #9  
Groban's Mommy

Default Still Motivated!

It is so great to hear from all of you. I am walking on lunch now, too. And still taking the stairs. Also I found a great meal for those of you who are trying to be healthier while eating out:

I love IHOP because it's open 24 hour a day...try their nut and grain pancakes with sugar free syrup and maybe some fruit. They are delicious!

Keep up the good work girls!
Old 01-05-2006, 06:46 PM   #10  
Doin' it this time

S/C/G: 208.8/208.8/145

Hey there everyone.....I just did 26 mins on my stationary bike.....wahoooooo
the most I have ever done before is 15.....yaaaa me

Hope you are all doing great!!!!

Kim
Hockeychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 07:21 PM   #11  

I am in purchasing so I am always at my desk. I think I will definitely implement Grumybear's intercom idea. I am constantly using it to talk to the sales people.

I am sssooooo glad that the holiday food is out of the office. It's so hard! Companies send us tons of stuff and it's all so good. We have a big family environment, so I think one of the hardest things for me will be resisting all the goodies (and they are GOOD) that co workers bring in.

Also, my job is very stressful and I am a big big big stress eater. I need to find ways to de-stress without the Ruffles!
katgurl76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 05:35 PM   #12  

Just stopped in to say hello and see how everyone was doing.

Today was a good day, I am proud of myself. Instead of getting fast food for lunch, I took my lean cuisine and snacked on carrots... not just to do well tonight. I think I am going to go get some frozen yogurt at TCBY though, I have been craving ice cream.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:44 PM   #13  
Groban's Mommy

Exclamation TCBY Dangerous!

I know that it sounds great to go get some low-fat frozen yogurt, but please be cautious. Even just a medium has 400 calories, and that's if you don't put anything in it. You might as well get regular ice cream and just get the smallest size with no additives. You will feel more fulfilled.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:47 PM   #14  

Hi everyone! Nice to talk to all of you. I work in an office, sometimes long hours and although I love my job, I don't love how my current lifestyle has affected my weight. Besides sitting behind a computer screen all day long and/or in meetings or conference calls, there's all the food temptations that make healthy eating very challenging. My coworkers and I go out to lunch a lot, and it's always tempting to order the not so healthy stuff. The there's all the candy, baked goods, etc. in the kitchen - and then of course the stressfulness of my job that makes me "crave" junk food. I feel like it's a huge accomplishment to get to the end of the day without going way over my calorie target.

I like using Fitday to keep a journal of what I eat. It really helps. Today we had Mexican fast food for lunch - and I did OK with a bean and cheese burrito (600 calories)...now taking my new "afternoon stress break" to walk around a little and destress, to avoid those late afternoon sugar binges...
Hibiscus8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 02:27 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpybear902
I know that it sounds great to go get some low-fat frozen yogurt, but please be cautious. Even just a medium has 400 calories, and that's if you don't put anything in it. You might as well get regular ice cream and just get the smallest size with no additives. You will feel more fulfilled.
I looked up the nutritional info before I went. I got a small with not toppings, it should be around 250 calories.