Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 06:01 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Smile Weight loss and Chit Chat #158

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies!!

We'd love to have you join us while we talk about our weight loss efforts and our daily lives. So come on in and let's get to chattin'!!
Old 12-31-2005, 06:21 PM   #2  
kitty Momo

Great! I will be the first to post on this thread!

Thanks Cristi for the encouragement and the Hallmark egreeting, that was sweet and boosted my spirits

I never heard of 40 year old virgin movie. I did get Cinderella Man and might watch that later.

Made a wonderul pot of chicken stew with cabbage and onions, my favorite - plus some yellow squash. Probably take me 3 days to eat!

I bought some wheat bagels for breakfast, love my breads.

I need to get Gaby down for a nap. Just wanted to say Happy New Years!

Oh - Cristi - put the ticker up .5 a pound - feel so guilty the other way - lol geez.

Be great to have you back posting Marti!

Chat tomorrow......
Old 12-31-2005, 08:14 PM   #3  
ugggg.....

Happy New Years to all!! I will be in bed before the ball drops!!

Jane & Cristi & everyone else--if you like candles there is a great website for you to visit
http://www.lareescandles.com/ this is a daughter of a co-worker. She is a stay at home mom of twins. Her candles are awesome and reasonably priced. They are soy wax and the smells are awesome. I buy from her regularly, not only the candles but her sugar scrub is as good as anything you will buy at Bath & Body Works. Gave her candles as Christmas gifts!

Stuck with veggies and light done right dressing this evening...trying to be good after my Christmas debauchery....
Old 01-01-2006, 10:08 AM   #4  
RosieKate

Default Happy New Year!

Can't believe it's 2006...where is this decade going?

I bought a little spiral journal to carry around and record food. I'm not the best at setting weight-loss goals, but I can do a food diary. It will get me moving in the right direction.

To add to the chorus...DH and I have also seen the 40 Year Old Virgin, and can also recommend it. A warning for the delicate sensibilities, though, it is very profane and the humor is crude, but we could not stop laughing! I guess after all those years as a video store manager, i got a little jaded and I get real picky about comedy. So to laugh that hard is a real treat!

We stayed home and watched movies last night. We saw Holes ( DS' pick) and it was quite good. Watched Toy Story ( DD's first time) and of course I love that movie...so did she. I have a feeling we will be getting many requests for that one. Hope I still like it after we've watched it a million times

Anybody doing non-weight loss resolutions? Mine are mostly centered on getting this house finished and whipping our finances into shape.

Happy New Year to you all....I'll try to get back for individuals later

Old 01-01-2006, 01:35 PM   #5  
kitty Momo

Jules - debauchery?? Never hear of that word before. lol Love candles, might get 1 or 2 for my office for the scent. Some people come in smelling of all sorts of icky odors, I feel like running. lol

I was reading the recent People mag last night. They're half their size- something like that. Success weight loss stories , very inspiring! Recommend you pick it up. Kirstie Alley looks great after losing 55 pounds, I think she is 164 right now.

Walked 3 miles this morning. Ate my bagel but after reading the stories in the mag I might change over to oatmeal and a banana for breakfast.

Hope you all have a good day!
Old 01-01-2006, 03:27 PM   #6  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

HAPPY 2006 Ladies!

JANE~ don't worry about any money. I've got a votive candle here that I can send and if you want anything bigger just ask. You know me with candles, I ALWAYS have some! And I have it ready to be mailed, just have to wait until Tuesday to do it. I bet Katie can't wait for DW! I know she will miss you and Neal but this will be a journey she will never forget! And you will be fine, believe me the months will pass by so fast you will be there to see her before you know it!

SUSAN~mmm, your soup sounds good! If I weren't making chicken enchiladas for dinner at Josh's request I think I would have some soup. I just fixed them Friday night and he demanded I make them tonight before he leaves tomorrow, it's the least I can do. Maybe I'll make some soup Monday. I know I have heard of Cinderella Man...is that with Nicolas Cage?

JULES~I checked out the candle site and will bookmark it. I am addicted to yankee candles, the Wedding Day scent and now a new favorite Raspberry cream. I bought the Wedding Day scent specially for my wedding day 1999 and have been buying them since-can't get enough of it. But I have a couple of friends that will burn nothing but the soy candles so it makes the perfect gift for them. And WTG on sticking with the veggies!

KATY~I quit making resolutions a long time ago. Seems I always break them so what's the point. Of course most of mine were always weight related, lol. What is HOLES? It sounds familar but I can't picture it.

Question ladies: anyone know of any place that sells breadboxes? I guess I am a little picky about what I am looking for and have looked at Penneys, Target and Wal-Mart so far and the only ones I am seeing are kind of this cheap looking wood. I would like a wood one but a little better quality and sort of a country look to it maybe. And one that will hold more than just one loaf of bread.

Well, I didn't make it to midnight last night. But I did wake up when a lot of people did fireworks, it was short lived though. We watched a lot of the Law & Order marathon and then watched the 40-year-old Virgin...all I can say is it was funny! I too laughed through the whole movie! After that I watched most of Sleepless in Seattle...what a way to fall asleep and end 2005...with my favorite movie! Only had one wine cooler, 1/2 bag of the marshmallow popcorn, man was it GOOD! And just about 6 of the doritos-they were too spicy for me. Not spicy hot but a different kind of spicy to me. So I guess I didn't do too much damage, we'll see tomorrow morning when I weigh in. Tomorrow is the BIG day for me. Time to stop farting around and keep back to work and on track with my exercise and such. And I am so ready!

Take care ladies and I hope everyone is having a wonderful New year!
Old 01-01-2006, 05:41 PM   #7  
kitty Momo

The movie is with Russell Crow.
Kitchen Kaboodle (sp) on the breadbox, they have so many neat stuff at that store.
The soup was delish, I have enough for tomorrow.

better get,think I will go to work tomorrow. I have had enough of this stay at home thing! I bought Gaby a Bob the Builder at Goodwill and we shared a bag of popcorn. Bought me some oatmeal.........wild and crazy chick, ain't I?? hehe.

k- chat later
Old 01-01-2006, 10:18 PM   #8  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Happy New Year Ladies!!

Cristi,,,how about going to a craft store,,,ask around to see if anyone knows of someone who can make one for you. You colors you want or even design. Probably stain it to match your cupboards..
Funny you should be talking yankee candles I just bought a couple of the cookie scents. I love fresh cut roses, clean cotton and a couple of others. I also bought a new carpet for the living room,,,I gulped at the price but Linen N Things had a 50% sale so didn't hurt as bad. It has a patched tweed look.

Jane,,,same as us,,,we watched movies and had some wine. We watched 4 brothers (not bad) and Cinderella Man,,,really enjoyed that.

Katy, I bought a tracker from WW,,,just have to actually use it to have it work,,,duh I do so well when I have it out,,,but put it out of sight,,it becomes out of mine,,,and into mouth. I crocheted 2 scarves this past week,,,both choc brown,,,one tho has champagne colored fur around it. For my mom's birthday present. The other Tanner took.

Susan,,,you are doing fantastic...already up to 3 miles...Im barely to three steps...

Connie good to know your mom is feeling up. As for your DH family,,,better to want to be together then hating each other.

Had a bit of a lazy day,,,watched the end of one movie cause Monte had fallen asleep before it ended...did laundry and took down all the christmas stuff! yay! How is clean...need to do laundry but hey the house is clean.
We have a weird store called Jysk (sp) anyways was in there a few days ago and bought some beautiful window curtain panels, (taffeta) really nice bronz color...it shimmers. Will be going back to buy more. Think I will change from gold and brown to brown and bronz? $6.88 each. Cheap. So Im thinking of buying a couple more for Frank to make Tanner's Aladdin costume.
Im even thinking of buying an extra panel to do a lamp shade.
Well I should get finishing my laundry.
night all
Old 01-02-2006, 12:46 AM   #9  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Default Happy New Years

Happy New Years and hello to you all.

Just wanted to pop on and say hello as we now finally got a new computer. our other one could not be fixed after a virus destroyed it.

I hope that you all had a nice Christmas, and have many happy plans for the new years.

Congratulations to Mindee. It does not seem possible that she has had the little bundle of joy already.

Well I have a lot of catching up to do by reading all the last threads to see what everyone has been ? I sure have missed chatting with you all.

Here is a question for you all. I have been working on potty training for almost 1 year. My other 2 were trained in a week, so this time I am pulling my hair out. If I put him on the potty he will go, but if you ask him if he needs to go he will say no. Once in a while he will put himself on, but not very often. Any advice from anyone?

Must go start reading.

Kathy
Old 01-02-2006, 02:17 AM   #10  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Hi and Happy 2006 to you all. Busy here, but I have a question. Has anyone tried the mini steppers for exercise? I need something small and inexpensive for here in Vegas. It gets so windy and is dusty so I am having trouble walking as much as I want. I wear contact lenses and if it is blowing "grit" my eyes are the first to go. Some days I start out walking and have to come right back inside. Grrrr! Then I saw this mini stepper which seems like it would add a new exercise to the WATP tapes. So, if you have tried one let me hear from you. If they are a good work out I am going to go get one...Target..$49.
Old 01-02-2006, 08:43 AM   #11  
RosieKate

Day 1 - 1949 calories. Ok, so at least I wrote them down. I'm afraid we were still celebrating a little. I read good tip for figuring how many calories you need to eat to maintain/lose. To maintain, you take your current weight times 13 to get a daily calorie amount. If you want to lose a pound a week, you subtract 500 from that number to get your daily calories. Mine came to 1800 and change. I thought I'd pick a calorie goal for losing a pound a week, them maybe the extra calories burned from exercise would add a little to that. Of course, I need to stick to the plan! Will do that today. Bought lots of oatmeal from Winco...Susan is my inspiration; oatmeal and bananas just sounded too good...

Sue - I researched the steppers a year or so back so I would have something to workout with at home. The mini steppers didn't seem to have enough range of motion for me. I did end up with a good stepper for about 100, which I found on GIJoes online. Then I got the Core Effects videos. Those two made for a good home workout program.

Hi Kathy - Welcome back!. My kids were a bit late to the potty party. With DS, he had some wicked constipation which slowed him down. With DD, she just didn't care, but she eventually did it anyway. I just had to let it go and realize it's something they develop, and to try to teach them before they were ready was driving me crazy. I hope you find a way to do it that works for you....

Well gotta go to the gym...BBL for more individuals
Have a great day

Old 01-02-2006, 09:44 AM   #12  
One day at a time

Good morning, Jaded Ladies!

I am up bright and early this morning. Well, not so bright, but early for sure. Had to take my baby boy to the airport to see him off so had to get up at 5 a.m. Didn't go to sleep until almost one (was reading my book and didn't want to put it down) and then woke up at 3:30. Dozed for a few minutes and was wide awake again at a little after 4. So I am about ready to go back down for a couple of hours and then start the day over. The airport was a little busy this morning and I hate that I can't go back and sit with Josh until he actually gets on the plane. So had to say bye at the security check line. Never is easy for me but at least I didn't cry until I got back in the car. I sure am going to miss him, even if it is only for a few weeks. The next time he leaves it will be even harder because he will be gone longer.

SUSAN~thanks! I've never heard of Kitchen Kaboodle but will take a gander and see if I can find it online. Of course I couldn't think yesterday and didn't even think about Linens and Things-duh! Which also made me think of Bed, Bath & Beyond and Pier1 Imports-jeez, where was my head? And oatmeal is sounding good. Okay, gotcha about Cinderella Man, not sure why I thought Nicholas Cage was in that one.

ANGIE~thanks for making me think about Linens & Things! My brain was elsewhere when I was online and I couldn't think of any place, just went blank. I like the fresh cut roses also. I had a big jar candle in my bathroom and burn them sometimes in the bedroom, just seems like a bedroom scent to me for some reason.

KATHY~so good to see ya back! About potty training...don't really have any advice. I think each kid is different, or it was in my case. My oldest and youngest were pretty easy, especially DD. I so dreaded trying with her because the boys were a little tough, especially my youngest DS. He just flat out refused to go, period! Nothing seemed to work. One day he was eating lunch and just decided to get up and go. Of course I thought he went off to get a toy or something. So when I went looking for him I found him on the potty. He was going to go when he was ready and not a minute/day/month sooner.

SUE~I never tried one, but honestly thought about getting one. So, maybe I too will hear from others if it is worth the moola. It gets windy here also and on those days I just don't want to walk outdoors. But I am geared up to use my treadmill. Made some exercise CD's that will get me going and keep me going.

KATY~you and Susan talking about oatmeal has me wanting some. Maybe I'll have some for lunch. I've never had it with bananas so that might be good to try.

Well, ladies I am getting a little sleepy so I think I will head off to sleepland for a couple of hours. After which I will get up and get my workout done and some cleaning. Josh cleaned up his room before leaving this morning but I want to get the bedding off and washed, plus I have a few loads of my own laundry to do and some straightening of the house since everyone will be gone. Going to be weird having a quiet house again. Anyway, I am a little frustrated in that I gained 4.5 pounds over the last two weeks! UHG!!! Not to fear...I am on the right path today. I went to change my weight tracker and noticed that tickerfactory has a new exercise tracker so I added one. My goal is to walk 48 miles for the month of January which is very doable. I actually should get more in but I am starting out slow and building back up. Will do weights and my bike 3 days, plus a one mile walk on those days and 2-3 miles of walking the other 3 days. I've got to get back to being a loser!

Anyway, Hi to everyone else Take care ladies and have a GREAT Monday!
Old 01-02-2006, 12:39 PM   #13  
One day at a time

Hi ladies, back again for a few minutes.

Tried to lay down and sleep but it just wasn't happening. So, thought I would just get up and get on with the day. Done some cleaning and laundry, now just need to vacuum and get my walk done. Anyway, thought I would add, or should I say try to three pics. Sorry for them being crooked...this scanner that we have you have to feed the picture into the printer/copier and it's hard enough getting a regular sized photo straight much less a wallet sized one. So this is as good as it gets. That is, if I can get them on here.

Have a great day ladies!

Here goes nothing...

Okay, not gonna work. Will just add them to shutterfly and post the link after I do it.
Old 01-02-2006, 01:00 PM   #14  
kitty Momo

Good Morning

I am TRYING to get to work. Waiting for my sister to wake up to see if she can take Gaby for me.
I didn't walk this morning. Though I did put my shoes on and walked for a second before Gaby protested because she couldn't hear Clifford. I moved the furniture around last night so I could watch the tv while I walked. I moved the dumb butt (use a stonger word!!) entertainment set that lost a wheel in all the moves I made. So, I went out and grabbed the dolly from the manager (who lives across from me). Gaby watched me shimmy it across the living room. Put it in place and she says "we did it, yay!!".
She is so cute.
Right now she is being a pain!! She won't let me write.
I could never be a stay at home parent!! God bless the ones with that patience!!! Ain't me.....lol

Anyway, so I didn't walk. I did throw away the other 2 bagels and cream cheese, and made a serving of oatmeal , sliced half a banana on it with a dash of milk for brakfast.
Plan on a albacore tuna salad for lunch, no dressing - I just put some lo fat cottage cheese with it.....and some pickled beets - yum!!

Kitchen Kaboodle is AWESOME Cristi - if I had the $$$ I would actually go buy something in the store. I just stand at the window looking in and drool - haha

Hi Kathy!! Hi Katy!! Hi Sue!! Hi to everyone else

Hey Angie .......what about Body for Life?? You did so well before on that - I know you have more than 3 steps in you!!!

Read some more out of my People mag - Kirstie is 54!!! Would never have guessed that old - she is so pretty.She is eating 1300- 1500 cals a day.

better get!!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 01-02-2006 at 01:29 PM.
Old 01-02-2006, 02:59 PM   #15  
One day at a time

And I'm back again! Just can't seem to stay away!

SUSAN~I checked out the site for just a few minutes and definitely will be going back! All kinds of neat stuff. I need to get a tv in my exercise room so I will want to stay there! Gaby sounded so cute, pictured her supervising the move! Too cute! Okay, gotta go again-get something done and get some lunch.

Last edited by FrouFrou; 01-04-2006 at 02:04 PM.
Closed Thread