Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 06:24 PM   #1  

Default WEEK AT A TIME CHALLENGE #27 - Last Week Before the New Year!

The object of this thread is to take on at least one challenge related to your weight loss goals for 7 days straight. Choose whatever inspires you - a certain amount of water intake, no sweets, a certain amount or kind of exercise a day, etc.

I will award accolades for each day you maintain your goal(s), and 7 day winner awards and pounds down at the end of the week. We will weigh in and begin each challenge week on Monday - you can choose a new challenge or repeat any challenge for extra mileage. If you would like to stretch yourself, take on more than one challenge in a week. The object is to strive for consistent weeks of goal achievement resulting in consistent losses!

We will support each other keeping in mind to stay focussed on our successes and/or challenges of the day and week related to our weight loss. There are plenty of threads where a lot of time is spent on personal stories, so let's try to keep that to a minimum.

January 1 is the end of this week's challenge. Good luck!

mscat-
All that we have is right now.
Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised, and Someday is not a day of the week!
Old 12-27-2005, 07:24 AM   #2  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Where is everyone...?

Mscat, thank you for the new thread. Do we have a weigh-in this week? Hope not... Last week was a disaster for me challenge-wise, I just gave up and stopped trying. But I think I did drink lots of water...
I had a wonderful Christmas, probably the nicest one ever... hope eveyone else had a good Holiday as well.

I got myself under control again today - the past 2 chocolate-filled days really helped with making that a reality. Started two new 21-day challenges - one is running, and the other one is my recent weekly challenge, that is no sweets and 10 min on the stationary bike. That's keeping me quite challenged... ...but still, I do want to do something here as well.

So for our weekly challenge I'm going to stick with no food after 7 pm and doing the 10 min on the bike in the morning (Friday excluded, I have to leave at 7 am!, so it'll be 4 bottles of water instead). That will keep me motivated with my 21-day challenge: having done the bike, the goal will be half-completed for the day, and I'll be less inclined to have chocolate.
Tonight it's too late, but starting tomorrow I'm adding at least 3 reps of the first Yoga sequence from my Ashtanga course, which I really miss. New one won't start until mid- or late January, and I don't want to get all stiff again.

The first two are met today, and hopefully that won't change - I'm STARVING! Spent 2 hours in the pool today, and when I got out it was too late for dinner, so I just had a salad... I had to eat something, you see, even though it was after 7 pm... because I only had breakfast (1 toast and yoghurt), about 2 pounds of cherries and an iced coffee today! Just somehow forgot to eat more... So I knew I had to eat something or else I'd be starving within an hour... now, if only I had gone to bed an hour ago, I wouldn't be hungry now... so I better go to bed now.

Good night everyone and good luck

PS: It's Tuesday night here, btw, so I figure I can still make it 6 days out of 7, which would be great!
Old 12-27-2005, 09:20 AM   #3  
dgpebbles

Hi everyone...Well I finish my challenge for last week 100%...

My goal this week is to do some sort of workout everyday( excerise bike, dvd workout or walking)...I already missed my first day this week so I'm going to push hard to get in the rest of the week...I had to go back to work last night to help out...they were short-handed and got really busy so by the time I got back home I was to tired...

Hope everyone had a great christmas..I did just glad now that it's over
Old 12-27-2005, 10:16 AM   #4  
Cynical RedHead

Happy Tuesday! It's back to work for me. I know a lot of people have this week off.

My goal for this week is to not drink alcohol. I didn't have any yesterday, so there is the first day out of seven done.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:39 AM   #5  

Gee, who knew there was no weigh-in? I stepped on the scales this morning (no scale available yesterday) and came up a day late and a dollar short... er, a pound over. Oh well, it could have been worse, and may well BE worse once the weight "settles". I don't know about anyone else, but serious excess doesn't always stick at first, then suddenly BOOM and the party's over.

This week's challenge is to get at least 15 minutes of some kind of activity every day. Yesterday is covered - 15 minutes on the Gazelle.

I'm hoping to start the new year back down by at least a pound.

Sushi, we've had cherries here too, to my great surprise, but they're just not as big and juicy and flavourful as in the summer. Then again, maybe I'll just head out and find me some...

Mscat, for keeping the thread going in spite of our lackadaisical posting. I think once the hols are over this is going to be a very busy place.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:46 AM   #6  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Wednesday evening here, and I'm beat after a day at the beach (and 4 hours in the car!). I consider my challenge met, even though I had dinner at nearly 9 pm -- the only thing I ate since my early breakfast was a handful of raspberries, for some reason we didn't take any food to the beach... so I did need to eat something.

Good night!
Old 12-28-2005, 11:31 AM   #7  
dgpebbles

Ok so Tuesday was a bad day too....I din't get to exercise again...But I did get up today and did it first thing...NO MORE EXCUSES...I've got to kick this in the butt...

Hope everyone else is on track and Good luck this week
Old 12-28-2005, 11:45 AM   #8  
trying to only eat bamboo

Hi! I'm new to this forum setting and to this website in general, so I'm not sure exactly what I'm doing, but I love the concept of this "thread"? Weekly challenges are definitely what I need to inch towards my goal. Even though it's mid-week, I wanted to start something now before the new year hit.

My goal: To not eat after 7pm!

Please let me know if there is some other route I'm suppose to take to join this forum. Do I need to subscribe? A little confused with how this whole system works, but definitely excited to be a part of this community
Old 12-28-2005, 02:10 PM   #9  

Panda, all you need to do to be part of the group is what you've already done: post a goal, and stay in touch. Our lovely Mscat will no doubt give you an official welcome later, but I'm pretty pushy, so I'm standing in for her for the nonce.
You're not the only one with a no food after 7 pm challenge - I've considered it but am not yet brave enough... We've all been a little sloppy with our challenges the last few weeks, but are expecting renewed vigour with the new year, so your timing is excellent.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:37 PM   #10  

Default Happy Wednesday!

Hi Ladies - I apologize for being so late - DH and I are soooo sick. We are still in bed with the flu. What a way to celebrate our holiday! We are both off from work so we are thankful for that. At least we are getting a lot of rest.

phatpanda - a big to our group. As carla said this is a great thread to join and the time is now - we have some great plans to get us all in gear for the new year. Let us know how you are doing daily on your challenge and we will cheer you as you rise and lift you up when you fall. You don't have to subscribe - just find us and post as you feel inspired. I start a new thread on Monday so you might want to bookmark the Support Groups page rather than this particular thread. Feel free to pm if you need more info.

I also thought I posted kudos for the week before - but lost it - so here goes our stars for last week . . .

stagemomx3 for 2 days!

Xer for 5 (?) days!

eesabella for 5 days and for 1lb down!

me for 6 days of exercise.

dgpebbles for 7 daysof goals!

Well ladies-despite the holidays -we have done great! We have 4 days left in the week till the New Year - so let's make a last effort to stretch our goals. Who is on for a stretch challenge for New Year's?

Signing off - and no I have not changed my ticker!
Old 12-29-2005, 09:44 AM   #11  

WOW! I must say I feel very welcome and encouraged by all.

THANK YOU!! ( I will figure out how to do fun animated text hopefully soon )

So, I made it through Wednesday and especially proud of myself because my mother was in town and usually we end up going out to eat and getting dessert, etc, etc, but yesterday I cooked and we ate before 7! She was impressed with my cooking skills and I got to control how much oil or salt or any of that bad stuff for that matter went in so most definitely a WIN WIN!

I really like it when that weight ticker moves!!! haha Even though it's only 1lb, that's a start! hopefully I will not backtrack too often

now if only i wasn't sitting in my office chair all day long...
Old 12-29-2005, 12:01 PM   #12  

Here it is Thursday, and only one day of the challenge actually in the bag. Maybe I should wise up and stop setting exercise goals I know I won't meet? Not that I don't think exercise is important, but somehow... But I'm here, in spite of Bonne's insinuations about the size of my b***.

Mscat, sorry to hear you're sick - but think of the positive effect on the scale - and next Monday's weigh-in!

Bonnie, hang in there, you'll be back in Onederland soon, and the 2's won't be seen ever again in 2006. Deal?
Old 12-30-2005, 06:25 AM   #13  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Hello

Doing quite good here. I had to give up the Yoga sequence part of my challenge - it won't work on carpet, and I don't have a yoga mat here... But other than that it's all good.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:40 AM   #14  
dgpebbles

well this weeks not going so good for my challenge of exercising..so far only have in one day but I'm fixing to go do todays...

My daughter just turned 18 and we have been shopping for cars everyday till late which has totally missed up my schedule this week....We found a car last night so the looking is over and I can get back to myself..

I weighed in today and I'm down 1 lb so far this week

phatpanda- great job yesterday and way to go moving that ticker down 1 lb

Carla49-I'm right there with you 1 day down...Exercising is my hardest part of dieting but i'm going to make it and so are you..
Old 12-30-2005, 10:39 AM   #15  

Yesterday was a no go...got off work late, had to run errands and by the time I got home it was already 7:30...didn't want to skip dinner so ate a quick few bites of leftovers from the night before and THEN I pulled out the ice cream tub...sigh...I should really throw that away...i guess the good thing was that I took 2 bites and saw that it was right before 8pm...and I thought even though I didn't make 7 I will NOT eat after 8! So tucked it away back into the fridge

DG - wow! you're daughter must be happy to have a car!! I know I was when my mom got me my first car!! That's actually a good amount of walking going around car lots so at least you weren't just sitting on your couch!!!

Carla - You can do 15 mins!!! No reason that you cannot meet your goal! Is your gazelle infront of the tv? You only need to watch half an episode of Friends and you're set!!!

Bonnie - Congrats on hitting 200!!! Your weight ticker is definitely an inspiration for me! Can't wait to see what you'll set for yourself on Monday

Mscat - Hope you're feeling better~ Rest up and build up your strength again! being healthy is most important!!
Closed Thread