Old 12-28-2005, 11:00 AM   #1  

Default New here....

Hi everyone...
I'm new here and was wondering if I could join in with y'all? I've been posting a few messages at the WW general forum also. Anyways...my story in a nutshell...I'm 28 years old and I have been doing online WW since Feb. and have lost 70 pounds thus far. I need to lose at least 40 more and I've been in a little rut lately. I was posting at the WW 100+ to lose board...(right at the WW online site) ..but lately I've found many of the people there to be down right rude...including the gal that said that she didn't care if I died or not...(long story)...Anyways....I am leaving that board and all the boards there because I no longer find them helpful...just hurtful most of the time. I'm really into online support and very into finding true friends with the same goals in mind. I also love being there to support and encourage others. I guess that's about it....thanks for listening and I hope to be around lots...
hugs,
roundRN
roundRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 11:22 AM   #2  
for me, for them

S/C/G: 345/ticker

Height: 5'10"

You've come to a great place for support! There is a great support system here and everyone is extremely helpful. Congratulations on your weight loss so far!
ScarlettDrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 11:27 AM   #3  

Congratulations on you weight loss thus far. I Have lost 30 pounds of the many I need to drop. I am not sure if I have lost any weight this last week as i have been on vacation. I have been trying to eat healthy and make use of the indoor pools and gyms.
I have found online support works great for me. I'm sorry that feel you have to leave your other weight loss support group but very glad you found 3FC. This is a great place of support!
jmacway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 11:28 AM   #4  

Congratulations on you weight loss thus far. I Have lost 29 pounds of the many I need to drop. I am not sure if I have lost any weight this last week as i have been on vacation. I have been trying to eat healthy and make use of the indoor pools and gyms. I'm headed home on Jan 4, we'll see then.
I have found online support works great for me. I'm sorry that feel you have to leave your other weight loss support group but very glad you found 3FC. This is a great place of support!
jmacway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 12:44 PM   #5  
Sick of Fat

S/C/G: 240/183/150

Wow.. how horrible for them to treat you that way when you need support and motivation!!! I can't believe that. You'd think WW would moderate their boards so that they don't get a bad name from it.

Anyway, congratulations on the weight loss this far!! And welcome to the boards!! You'll get plenty of support from the people here.. they're all great and caring people

I'm Sabriena by the way Good luck and hope to get to know you better on the boards!
sabriena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 02:16 PM   #6  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Welcome RoundRN!

How do you like the WW Online? What do you like most and least about it?
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 06:20 PM   #7  
DollyR

S/C/G: GW - 145

Hi Round RN,

Although I am new here as well, I feel a lot of support on these boards. In fact more that I ever felt at other boards. If you read through the older posts you can see they are a really nice group of supportive and inspiring people.

Good Luck!
DollyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 06:52 PM   #8  

Thank you so much everyone for welcoming me so warmly!!! I already feel way more "love" than I did at the WW board It looks like you all are doing great with your weight loss...that's awesome!!!!! Christmas pulled me off of WW big time!!!! It is the first time since February, that I've deviated off plan...ugggghh. My mom's fudge is just too good..lol. Anyways...like I was saying..I'm back in the saddle again and am really looking forward to getting the losing going again!!! Like I mentioned on the WW board...my DH and I are ready for children...but I want to be as healthy as I can be for both me and the baby.
Oh..Jen...I love WW online.... I'm not the type of person that would drive all the way into town just to go to a meeting....I work nights as a RN...therefore my sleep schedule is kind of goofy n' stuff too. They have an online points tracker, journal, message boards(ugghh), weight tracker, recipes,etc.

I just track
my points everyday using the tracker and weigh in every Friday on my home scale. I haven't had any trouble staying motivated...but I know that it is hard for some people because they don't have a leader and a live weigh-in to be accountable for. I just figure...when it comes down to it....we are still accountable for our actions...no matter which plan we chose. I really like it and I'm a big computer buff....so navigating the site isn't hard. My MIL tried it(she's not so computer literate) and had trouble..lol. Anyways..that's about it...I love the online and it's a lot cheaper than going to the meetings.

Ok...well..I better run...I just really wanted to thank everyone again for welcoming me....I really appreciate the support and I'll try to be there for y'all as well..
hugs,
roundRN
roundRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 07:59 PM   #9  
Future marathon runner

S/C/G: 310/185/Where my body takes me

Height: 5'8"

Welcome to 3FC! You'll find lots of friendly support here! Congrats on your weight loss, that's inspiring!
Raelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 09:33 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

You've done so great with your weight loss!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 09:11 AM   #11  
One pound at a time...

Sorry I am a little late to the thread (I am still catching up ). Anyhoo, a big to the board! I am sorry you have had a bad experience on the WW boards. This is a great board for support! Post often so we can get to know you!
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 04:58 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Hi and welcome.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 05:17 PM   #13  

Welcome aboard...this is going to be a great year. I don't know about you, but this WILL be the year I wear a bathing suit (in public).
Jenniffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 11:20 PM   #14  
a new year... a new me

wow what a bunch of hags on that board! you won't find any hags here, this is a great place!
shedilbry is offline   Reply With Quote