Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2001, 01:45 PM   #1  

Angry 21 Bride-to-be re-starting WW.....

Hi everyone,
Would love to join in somewhere. I am 21-years-old with July 2002 wedding I am of course the Bride. I just re-joine WW this morning weighed in at 248.2 with first 10% of 224. I'm gonna get all the way to goal this time, I have made the time to give to myself to better my health by attending WW and losing this extra weight.
Id like to get to a goal of 147 by July but doesnt look to good unless we move back the wedding. We want to get a house so I will just lose as much as I can before wedding and continue after to goal weight. I like my date at July 1st 2002 so I don't really want to change it I will just work extra hard. I have the tools(WW) and a treadmill for exercise as well as several video tapes and a fitball w/ upper body work out. I just need to set up a routine so i dont lose focus and then can keep up with it until the big day. I am more looking to be healthy than a weight number, size(8-10 is goal) and health are most important to me than scale numbers.

248.2(start)/248.2(now)/224(10%)/147(goal)
Old 09-10-2001, 01:54 PM   #2  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

WELCOME.... come join us on the daily threads. And congrats on the wedding. I will be married 3 years in Nov. with my little girl turning 1 in October.

Oh and how do you like the fitball?? I have thought about getting one!
Old 09-10-2001, 01:57 PM   #3  
Eve's Mom

Default Well hello!

Welcome!! First let me say that everyone is always welcome to join our daily threads and you will find all the support you need.

Congrats on your wedding and re-starting WW!

Most of us have joined at one point or another more than once. So don't feel bad at all. My start weight was 252 I was a size 24 adn I am now a size 16 (soemtimes still 18) and 209. I can relate with you.

Anyway, check out our pics for some inspiring before and after shots. And come join the daily.

Belle
Old 09-10-2001, 02:22 PM   #4  

Jen,
The Fitball is great. I went through personal training for chiropractor from car accident they had us use the similar fitballs. They work the abs great and mostly i use for balance and lifting weights as well. Nice chair for arm work and keeps you in good posture. If you can afford to give it a try I think its worth the money I can manage alot more ab crunches (75+)on it and I don't think im cheating either bc I can feel it in the abs the next day. Normal crunches i have problems getting 30 to where I can feel them worked. We went to PT for 12 weeks and I had tightening in my abs I should have kept it up 2-3 times a week probably would have helped alot. Now im ready to start over and work my way down to goal.
thanks for the reply I will try and make most daily threads. Im a busy gal with 40 hour work weeks and classes Mon-Thurs nights. Leaves me with little time but I wanna start getting up at 6:30 with DF(dear fiance) and get in my treadmill work. I'd like to eventually work up to running/jogging.

Take care
Old 09-10-2001, 03:08 PM   #5  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

They have similar balls for when you are in labor to relieve the contraction pain. It was fun to bounce on them. I never got to actually use the ball during labor tho. I had the ball and was ready, then blammmooo... it was time! Booo Hoo. I saw the balls with an instructional tape in a catalog I have and thought they looked good for stretching and abs. Thanks for the reply!
Old 09-10-2001, 03:46 PM   #6  

Default Congrats

Congrats on ur Plan !!!! Good for u... I know the feeling.... I was a size 20, a year and a half before my wedding ( 5 years ago). And like u, I wanted to look good in that wedding dress. I tried to eat right, and exercise, and with all the planning, it was possible not to concentrate on food. I also developed a new plan for motivation and staying focused. I went to one of these Bridal Stores, and picked out an amazing dress (size 8), and cost around $3000.00. Of course the sales lady was thrilled to see that I am actually considering getting such an expensive dress. I told her I would buy it only if I could fit in it (Size 8). Of course, she gave me a (yeah right !!! look). But I told her that this dress was my motivation and she has agreed to let me come in the store and look @ it when ever I felt like giving up. I also had my friends throw my bridal shower way towards the end becaus eI did not want to get these huge pieces of lingere. Shopping also helps a lot.....U get to pick and plan, but wait on buying until u reach the desired size.
Closed Thread