Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2001, 02:48 AM   #1  
Pink Thingy

Lightbulb ~~~Week of 9th September~~~

Morning ladies. Hope everyone is doing well. Just a quickish stop by to start off the weekly thread. Gotta go round to my mum's after church, coz she is do her will signing! It has taken so long to get everyone to gether to sign it off (sorry if this sounds morbid), but she was recently made redundant and she only has about 10 months until she retire officially. The guy that drafted the will told her off a young widower who had struggled all her life and was due to inherit a large house and money and when someone was doing a final check on something, it turned out that the witnesses to the will had not signed at the same time - so she got nothing - scary eh. I went inling in Hyde Park yesterday, and although my back and inner things ache, I had a good time. I fell once and for some reason, was heading towards wet sand. In Hyde Park, there is a sand bank which runs along the skating path. A lot of horse riders use it. I started rolling towards the sand, and you know when you want to stop and your brain is telling you what to do, but somehow your body fails to respond I saw wet sand and then I am sure I saw a lum of nature manure!!!. I don't know how I missed it, but all I know is that I was not gonna fall in that. Somehow I managed to wade through, but I must have looked like a cartoon character wading through a swamp. My instructor couldn't stop laughing. If I had fallen over in the wet sand and manure, I am sorry, but I would have stayed down and faked it, so they could call an ambulance and I could leave with my dignity intact!! Anyway, my inliners are now caked with sand and I am gonna have to take them off and clean them (new experience!!). Hubby has offered to do it and I said no thanks, I will do it, but I am hoping they will be clean by the time I get back tonight

Sonya welcome back. Don't worry about rejoing, I have three times and it would have been a fourth, only this time my card had not been removed from the box. The fact that you are still willing to try is the most important thing
Bailey I am in no position to kick your butt, too busy trying to do my own. The skunk story made me laugh (hope your dog is ok), but your "lodger" didn't. Don't feel guilty. It sounds to me like you might have ended up with a permanent house guest.
Rabbit sounds like you are really doing well on all fronts. Do you only buy organic? Is it very expensive? Over here in the supermarkets you pay about double and there are a few markets dotted around that specialize. My mum and dad have two allotments, so at the moment, I am living off their organic stuff. Hate having dinner round there now, coz my dad eats the veg and then smiles says "this is proper stuff, not the rubbish you buy in the supermarket, taste the difference". I appreciate the food, but there is no way I am gonna put all the work into growing it.
Pyria my bad thought for the day is - corn on the cob smothered in butter
happyface nice to have you back also. Drop in anytime. How's the kickboxing going?
LBH it was so nice to hear about your G&G party. I think that is so beautiful and it was a nice end to last week's thread. I know what you mean about the leader making all the difference. I have a great one and she takes 11 classes a week.
Juldiet sorry to hear about your mum's loss, hope everyone is okay
RR are you a vegetarian? I used to tell my hubby I was not gonna eat meat and he said fine, just so long as you keep cooking it for me. However with BSE and foot and mouth, his meat consumption has tailed off slightly. I am not vegetarian, but I don't eat as much meat as I used too, and I think following WW makes you appreciated veg more

So much for being a short post. Have a great Sunday everyone hopefully I have not missed anyone out!
Old 09-09-2001, 09:03 AM   #2  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning all!!!Good Evening BFB!!!!!

BFB-I was vegetarian until I married and now I have added some chicken(no bone of course) at intervals in my diet..DH doesnt fuss about the meat thing..of course he ate a Wendys burger for supper since I was cooking grits for me!!!!Beef and Pork is a definate out!!!!YUCK!!!!

Dani-Welcome back!!!I was thinking about U yesterday!!!!It is good to hear that all is well!!!

I am in the mood to swim!!!!I guess I will call my brother today!!!
Have a great day all!!!
Vicki
Old 09-09-2001, 10:04 AM   #3  
A princess in the making!

Lots of things to say:

Jules: Sorry to hear about the death in your family. Your family is in my prayers. Hope the healing has begun.

Okay now I went and to WI yesterday. And up 1.2 pounds. And then I looked in my book an realized for the last 7 weeks I have been playing over an over with the same 5.2 pounds. Which really made me mad. Why is that. So I said you know enough of all these excuses and going on and off program. Before I weigh in next month I am going to be doing program 24/7 100%. My neghbor taped the basic Tae Bo tape for me, so I am going to start that today. I wanted to blade today, but the weather is not looking to hot.

Anyone have a low point recipe for Tuna Casserole. I really have a taste for one. And it is a easy meal. Also for BlackBean burgers.

BFB: I never put the UK and FMD and Mad cow together. One thing we have had some serious E-Coli outbreaks here. I don't even let B get apple cider from the Farmers Market anymore. Cause it is not pasturized. So he is not touching it. We don't eat to much meat here either. In fact maybe this fall and winter I will finally take the time. To start testing more veggie products and switch us over.

Happy: Always happy to see you. :smile: Hope school is good for you. And little happy likes school.

Okay off to plan my day. Hope all is well with everyone.

Have is there anything out there that helps with the PMS crabbness. I really can't take much more.
Old 09-09-2001, 12:06 PM   #4  

HI ALL! HAPPY SUNDAY.

Still op - even though I went to a street fair yesterday.

Happy - Hello! good to hear from you. Is ds excited about kindergarten? Enjoy the kickboxing.

Sonya - the pie is one point for a piece. If you add fruit, then you'd have to figure the fruits points. Your bean and turkey soup sounds good.

Lauren - that sounds like a real nice party. There is a small farmer's market in a nearby town, so I guess I'm lucky.

BFB - No, I don't only buy organic. I like to buy things like that when they are available. I think they are probably more expensive here also.

Pryia - I know what you mean about playing with the same weight! That's why I finally got serious, did the 'no excuses' thing, and went op everyday.

hope everyone has a relaxing Sunday and a great week ahead.

RABBIT
Old 09-09-2001, 09:38 PM   #5  

Wink Hello All!!!

Anyone want my kid? I swear he is just crusin this weekend. You know after I caught him sitting on the roof and grounded him for 2 months he would stop. But nope still going and going!!!

Rained tons here today. But I guess we needed it. Got a few things done. Not a lot but enough to make me happy for now.

Going to figure out what is for lunch and stuff tomorrow. I am going on the no excuse plan.

Does anyone have a fall/winter Penny's catalog. I need opionions on a dress for a evening attire party. I can also post the item number and you could look online if you don't mind. Just let me know.

Well back to putting away laundry and planning for my day.

OP is the only way for ME!!! OP is the only way for me!!!!

Hey and check out week 2 challenge!!!!
Old 09-10-2001, 07:58 AM   #6  
Working on Weight loss!!!

PRyia--We would love to help U with the dress!!!Just post the info and we will peak at it!!!

Didnt do too much this weekend cuz of the rain!!Today it is back to work and then taking the wild child to the dentist! I havent been too consistant with my dieting...I am up about 10 lbs since getting married soo I have to end it there....If the stork arrives, then I will concentrate harder on the "diet" and really monitor the gain...(I sound like I really know what I am gonna do when preg )I am sure for those that have been there, it is harder than actually talking about it.

Well, off to the shower and then to work!!It is nice to have a later shift at times!!!!
RR
Old 09-10-2001, 12:22 PM   #7  

Rabbit,

I see you online and I wanted to ask - do you think the really low days are actually hurting my chances of this working long-term? If I manage to make it through the day with that many points left over (usually when I have lots of fruits/veggies and sushi for 1 meal) should I be having snacks to make up for it before bed? I am not sure...
Old 09-10-2001, 12:26 PM   #8  

HI EVERYONE!!

It is a little cooler here today. I just love this time of year.

6 DAYS OP!

Pryia - woohoo on the no excuses plan!! I'll check out the challenge.

RR - I'm sure having a varied schedule does help in running the kids to appts.

have a super September week all!!

RABBIT
Old 09-10-2001, 01:25 PM   #9  

Talking The urge has passed!!!

Okay after I ate my lunch I was going to go and get a bag of Cheetos out of the kitchen. Looked at my journal and figured out where to put those 5 points. Well I keep surfing and read something about going off program. And decided I did not want them that bad. I want to get 20 off before the party and cheetos are not going to help me there. So now I am having some gum and happy with my choice.

See you later----back to work!!!
Old 09-10-2001, 02:20 PM   #10  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Default I'm back.....

Okay, maybe you didn't notice I was gone (I won't be hurt since I don't post all the time and how could you know when I'm just lurking??). Anyway, I have missed you guys and I couldn't believe how many posts there were last week when I was gone. I skimmed them to try to get up to date but I couldn't keep up with everyone's comings and goings - sorry no personal comments today.

I did read the stuff about the emails to the "chicks" and it sickened me when I read the journal entry. It is unbelievable. I know it's so easy for me to say when it's not me but you just have to ignore those people when you just look at the site and see how busy it is and how much it means to so many people.

Anyway, on to other stuff, I was in Las Vegas last week (love it there) and I didn't count points or try to hard to stay OP, I just tried not to use is as an excuse to eat everything. I enjoyed myself with some restraint. Anyway I got back and had gained 2 pounds, which for me isn't too bad. I was a bit upset because it takes so long to lose but figured it could have been 5 pounds so that's okay. Anyway the good news is I'm back to only about 1/2 pound gain as of this morning and I'm really trying to get back OP. Vacations can be so decadent that after it's easy to shape up. AND my husband said he'd try to diet with me. I'm excited because it's easier together but I'm fairly sure (although I won't tell him) that he won't stick with it. He just doesn't want to lose weight that badly. It's easier for a man - he's 6'4" and I don't know what he weighs but he's got a big build and looks good with a few extra pounds. I think the only reason he's trying is because his suits don't fit anymore. Anyhow, I'm teaching him how to count points and we'll see how he does. I hope it lasts. My fear is that he won't see anything quickly and give up right away but we'll give it a try.

Gotta get back to work. Hope everyone's having a good day!!

Elisa
Old 09-10-2001, 03:58 PM   #11  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Elisa- My DH is 6'4" and he's about 255, give or take 5 lbs. He looks OK, but has a belly. Because he's soo big though, he hides it good. He lifts weights and his arms and legs don't have an ounce of fat on them, it's all in his belly...taco bell I'm sure!! He amuses me and lets me count his pts. for him, but doesn't have any interest in doing WW himself. He drinks his slim fasts. He definitely doesn't eat right. He'll have a slim fast for breakfast, and a big salad for dinner, sometimes he'll eat something else too, if I cooked something, or he feels like cooking, but for lunch, sometimes he skips it completely (because he's busy) or sometimes he'll eat a huge portion of whatever the cafeteria people put in front of him (because he's nice to them, they "treat" him well!) He's very supportive of me though, and he'll ask me if I have pts. left for a treat or something sometimes.

Pryia- GOOD FOR YOU!!

Bailey- I hope you don't mind me answering you question to Rabbit...I think you definitely need to get in the minimum amount of points for your range, otherwise you're body will go into starvation mode and not let go of anything and then you don't lose. Unfortunately I always eat at the top of my range...

Pryia- Please post the link to the dress, I'd love to see it. I have a coupon at home for a free catalog, but I haven't gotten around to picking it up!

Have a great afternoon!!
Old 09-10-2001, 07:23 PM   #12  

Hi everyone, I didn't read the posts yet will do that later...right now I just need to 'unload' a bit on you all.

The funeral was good...they tend to be that way in my family since most all my relatives are "believers". The bad news was about my beautiful dog, Levi.

Levi has had a hard time with his hip this year. Kenny called me sat. night to say that he was taking him to the emergency clinic in Springfield (40 m. away) for X-Rays since our clinics in this small town do not have X-Ray machines for animals . Levi couldn't get up, couldn't walk, etc. Kenny took Levi and the X-Rays into our vet first thing this morning and it was horrible news. Basically the last 6 vertibrae in his back exploded and Levi was paralized. The vet was kind enough to wait for me to get back in town so I could say 'good-by'. I made the 5 hr dirve in 4 hrs all while crying. Levi's been my 'baby' for 8 years....and I miss him so much....... both the vet and I were crying as we put him to sleep. Levi has always been a favorite at the vet clinic.

I'll write more later when I'm not crying buckets and can actually see the monitor, o.k.??
Old 09-11-2001, 10:11 AM   #13  

Baliey are you watching the news?
Old 09-11-2001, 10:38 AM   #14  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Things are just a mess here in the tri-state area!! I can't believe what's going on. The 2 towers of the world trade center are pretty much GONE. We are here listening to the radio, we don't have any TV to watch. The phone lines are jammed. I'm afraid of what's going to happen next. I really just wish I was home with my DH, instead of being miles apart at work. I just thank God that neither of us works in NYC.

Jul- I'm soo sorry about Levi...you know I can absolutely relate to how you're feeling. It was 8 months yesterday that I had to put Niki down and I still think about her almost every day. I dream about her often too...usually good dreams. Hang in there hon!!

Last edited by LBH; 09-11-2001 at 10:41 AM.
Old 09-11-2001, 01:03 PM   #15  

I don't even know how to express what I think about today's events. I put the atenna (sp?) on my little TV (previously used only for videos) and I'm keeping the news on. It broke my heart to see the overseas footage of the people celebrating.

- jul
PS Lauren: yes, I did have a nice dream about Levi this morning and we did put together a scrapbook about his life. All this was done early morning before I rec'd a phone call to put my TV together and watch the news.
Closed Thread