Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 12-21-2005, 07:21 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Wednesday Chat - December 21st

Good Morning,

Gotta run and get ready for school, gee even when I'm home on vacation there's never enuf time lol

God is Good !!!

How is everyone doing today ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 10:11 AM   #2  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies:
I've been in and out of depression lately hence the sporadic posting. The cold weather brings me alot of physical pain and transfers some emotional too (lucky DH)
Today seems good I'm not as Mentally Tired My eating has not been great and the scale is up but like all things that will change.
I missed you guys!
hows everyone?
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 10:16 AM   #3  
ugggg.....

Break time at work---office party for just the eight of us here in our area. Baked potatoes for all. I brough in chili and someone else was bringing salsa so I will stick with that as my topping and stay away from the sourcream and butter. Having salad too. Decadent dessert may be my downfall......maybe just a sliver....I'll drink my water instead of the punch. Still having a hard time with Christmas this year , hopefully it will pass......
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 10:42 AM   #4  

Sitting here with my coffee.........long time since I have done that.

The house is quiet......both my girls are off to school, hubby at work, dog asleep on the cushion by the tree:
I am about to jump in the shower and head over to my mom's for my baking.......she is doing it for me this year.......just couldn't squeeze it in. I am giving a tin of butter tarts and short bread to the 2 doctors and 1 nurse I work with on my team at work.
After that I have last minute shopping for hubby and my parents. Then it is home to wrap, wrap, wrap
I am going to clean a little, and then meet a friend at 4 for a drink. I have to get my xmas cards out in the mail........better late than never I like to say.......
Hopefully hubby will take the girls to piano.
Well I best finish up my coffee and go work on making the magic happen!

Have a good one!

((((((((Jules, Ko and Leens)))))))).........it is the best of times and the worst of times........this will be our 10th Christmas without Zach and he would have been 12 on Jan 6th, it tugs at my heart more than once in a day.....must live well for my kids here with me though......and hence I am off!

xoxoxoLiz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 11:22 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 03:36 PM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi Girls

KO, I hope your feeling better soon. The season sure does bring alot of mixed emotions doesn't it. I know i get more down during the winter months than the summer. Especially when the time changes and its dark early in the morning and early in the evening. Some winters are worse than others thats for sure... HUGS !!

Jules your party sounds wonderful, baked taters with chili MMMMMM!!! Mexican is one of my favorite foods, what great idea. Your smart for cutting out the butter and sour cream and opting for a sliver of dessert. What kind of dessert are you having ? Try to cheer up sweetie HUGS !!!! Life really is good. HUGS !!!!!

Liz thats cool your mom is baking for you. Enjoy your coffee in the quiet
Wowee 10 years, time does fly. Big hugs to you Lady, we love you.

CIN !!!! oh CINNNNNNNNNNNNNNN where are you ? I know you were busy but we're hoping you'll have time now to come back and play with us. We miss you.

Cathy is a busy bee today Slow down lady. Love you too
Old 12-21-2005, 07:05 PM   #7  
ugggg.....

Liz--way to go with Mom baking for you...while she's doing your baking, do you want to come wrap my gifts??? I need to finish shopping and start the wrapping. Don't think everyone wants their presents unwrapped......or maybe they won't notice....
My heart feels for your loss....

KO--the cold weather makes my knee ache, DH is feeling the cold too. He also gets depressed when it's dark and cold both going & coming from work--can't wait for spring..when he can start going and tinkering on all his "projects" in the garage...

Leenie--mexican is my weakness too, I did do good and had no sourcream or butter on my tater even passed up the cheddar cheese--thankfully the salad was wonderful. The dessert was chocolate dream and boy was it hard to resist. Ate a much smaller portion than I wanted to--glad I had filled up on salad. It was a concotion of nuts, chocolate and whipped cream, my hips are growing just thinking about it....

have a great evening ladies....
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 07:52 PM   #8  

Ruth, if you're around, please know that I think of you often and send a prayer or two also. Be strong. (How silly of me. That's like telling a mountain to be big!)

I spent a lot of time in the kitchen today. I made some of those Jimmy Dean Cheese Sausage Meatballs for the freezer. www.jimmydean.com Then, I browned some thick porkchops for the crockpot to go with some sauerkraut. Then came lunch which Roger kindly heated up for me.

Nothing too exciting going one here these days. all my shopping is done and the house is as decorated as it's going to get.

LindaT, we have three Christmas kittens that mama has been parading around outside. I don't know if they will survive but we're trying to help. We put an old recliner in the old garage with some ratty blankets and Roger said he has seen them on it. Their mama is a very good mother and takes excellent care of her offspring. We're giving her and all the outside cats extra good food so fatten them up for the coming cold weather.

Goldie, the doggy is dreaming right now! He is sleeping on his heated bed (Yes, heated!) and barking away. I bet he's chasing all kinds of neat things in that dream. Poor ol' guy!
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 11:32 PM   #9  

Hi...I'm really new to the forums. I have 180 pounds to lose for my goal and have pushed my family and friends away and ate myself to my highest of 330. Been getting those days where my depression has been getting way out of control.
WaterLillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 07:26 AM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Jules that dessert did sound good YUMMY !!!

Tippy, good to see you *HUGS* you must have 1000 kitty's. How's R? and Lisa and the kids? How are you?

Hi Waterlilly and We're glad your here. Have you been to a doctor for your depression?