Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-20-2005, 07:33 PM   #1  
LLV

Smile You know what feels good?

Buying smaller clothes!

It's soooo nice to be able to pick out a cute-looking shirt and say, "Hey, I can wear that now!"

It's funny, I look at my t-shirts hanging in the closet and look at the tags - most of them say XXXL or 2X or 3X. Even when I was 220 pounds, those shirts were too big on me, but I always bought my clothes 2 or 3 sizes too big because I was trying to hide myself. Now I find myself picking out sizes that flatter my figure rather than hide it.

I love being able to slide into a pair of jeans, throw on a 'normal' sized t-shirt or sweatshirt and forget about it. It used to be I'd stand at my closet for ages trying to find something big enough to hide me. Now I wear what I want to wear because I WANT to wear it - not because it's the only thing I can wear.

How about you?
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 07:45 PM   #2  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good for you Linda!!!

Me? Well Im finally back into my 16 jeans, and I love trying on all the cloths in my closet that fit me now!! Im still wearing my xl polar fleece, but thats just because its sooooooooo cold, and I can layer lots of stuff under them But come spring Watchout!!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 08:30 PM   #3  
Keep on going!

S/C/G: 278.3/see ticker/135

Height: 5'5

Today was amazing!! i was trying on different jeans & i now fit into a size 11/12 (depending on style) ... definitely the best feeling knowing you're getting smaller
alsten02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 10:24 PM   #4  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Amen to that LLV! I was so excited when I bought size 10 jeans and now they are even getting a little big! I can't imagine how I'll feel when I buy 8's!
SuzyMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 11:01 PM   #5  
iwillmakeit

S/C/G: 205/173/110

Height: 5'4

You're right Linda. I bought myself size 4 jeans even when it was little tight. Now its actually very loose, and I bought myself size 2 pants last week. I can wear it even its little tight, but I am going to wait until its perfect fit. It is the most exciting feeling to find out that you can fit into sizes that you never dreamed about wearing.

tsots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 11:28 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

The biggest challenge to me was to give up baggy clothes. For so many years I had worn tunic sweaters and big baggy sweatshirts and untucked shirts. It took a lot of resolve to get the courage to tuck in a fitted shirt. Now I just say NO to tunic sweaters!!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 08:27 AM   #7  

Definitely true. I was happy to pull my belt in a notch and hit a NSV this morning of wearing 40"x32" Regular fit Levi's for the first time in my life. I was probably about 5'10" (and 14 years old) the last time my waist was this small.

On the negative side, unless I opt to drop alot of muscle, I will not be able to buy properly fitting shirts and suits of the rack. 2XLT are cut to fit "apple" or "pear" shapes, not "wedge".
RobertW is offline   Reply With Quote